[WN] Bocchi Dungeon : Chapter 19


Chapter 19

Life with a Roof

 

The non-stop talk between two girls continued in the Dungeon Administration in the middle of the night. I ended up deep in conversation with Onee-san about the equipment I'd be getting from now on, saying how nice it would be if we could set up a mutually beneficial arrangement.

My goal is money from selling unneeded items, and Onee-san's goal is a bonus from securing rare items produced in a solo Dungeon! As expected, the world revolves around money. Truly.

「Other than the Higashi-Nakano Dungeon, are there any places you recommend? A place as close as possible would be good.」

At that question, Onee-san took out a map from under the counter and briskly spread it out for me to see. It seemed to be a map showing the locations of Dungeons in central Tokyo. A hand-drawn red circle was marked on our current location, the Higashi-Nakano Dungeon. She must have given explanations like this many times before.

「The most popular is by far the Kagurazaka Dungeon. Rare monsters appear starting from the upper layers, and Dimensional Bag-type items drop there. Also, several famous Hunter Parties and Clans make it their home base, so it's probably popular in that sense too. True to the large number of people, the energy is amazing unlike here, and the building and facilities are luxurious. It might be a good idea for you to go there at least once, Aoi-chan.」

I already have a Dimensional Bag, or rather a Dimensional Pouch, and I have no interest in famous people. To begin with, I don't know any Hunters, and even if there are famous people, it has nothing to do with my earnings. I don't care. Ah, but I might be a little interested in luxurious facilities. Maybe I'll check it out if I feel like it.

「For now, a depopulated place is better. I don't want to line up at the reception, and it'd be the worst if I got tangled up with some weirdo.」

「Oh my. Even though you might be able to make some friends.」

「I'm not doing this for play. I'll think about things like that once I have some leeway.」

It isn't like I want to be a lone wolf woman, but the efficiency of a solo Dungeon is just too good. Having fun is something for when I become even richer and have leeway in my life and heart. When that happens, making tons of friends and companions and leading a Party centered around me wouldn't be bad! I could even make a Clan or something. What a dream.

「If the conditions are nearby and unpopulated, then maybe the Dungeons to the west of Higashi-Nakano.」

Because east from here are places like Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Ikebukuro. They definitely seem like they'd have a lot of people. But even if you say west, I don't really know it.

「Hmm? Recommendations?」

「First would be Saginomiya, I suppose. Also Sasazuka and Ekoda. For having bug-type monsters which are hated and on the stronger side, they aren't particularly lucrative Dungeons, so there's absolutely no one there.」

It seems they are Dungeons you wouldn't intentionally want to enter unless you hate crowded places like me, or have some other special reason. It's natural that people don't gather there. Besides, normal Hunters enter Dungeons in a Party, so the city center where it's easy to gather is probably more convenient.

「Then I'll try going to those three places. I'll come back again when I gather some suitable equipment.」

「Could you contact me when you do? I'm basically here at night, but even so, it's not like I'm here every day.」

「Contact you?」

「Yeah. I'll give you my contact info, so give me yours too, Aoi-chan.」

An unexpected contact info exchange event had occurred! However.

「You know, Onee-san. Until just a little while ago, I didn't even have money to buy food. Right?」

「A-Ah, that's right. But you can buy one now, right? I'll give you mine, so contact me once you buy a smartphone.」

「Well, if that's the case. Uwah, but now that I think about it, I probably can't get a contract.」

Thinking about it calmly. If I consider my own situation, I think it's a matter of course. Even as someone who just became an adult, I have at least that much common sense.

「Why? Is there something that would get you caught in a screening?」

「Nah~, because I don't have an address. People without an address can't make contracts or anything, right?」

「Huh? What do you mean?」

Onee-san's beautiful face had turned into a dumbfounded expression, which was a little funny.

「You understand, right? It means I'm homeless.」

「Then where are you sleeping?」

「A park in the neighborhood. I have a regular spot.」

「...Listen here, "a regular spot at a park". That's a no-go. You've become able to earn money, so go somewhere you can properly stay the night.」

Onee-san suddenly put on a serious face and entered meddlesome mode.

「It costs money, but the Dungeon Administration even has nap rooms and shower rooms for Hunters, you know? If you had told me, I would have let you use them.」

「Eeeh! What the heck, tell me that sooner.」

「Well, I thought it looked like you didn't have money, but I never imagined you were sleeping in a park...」

Are you kidding me. Anyway, starting today, I can secure a proper place to sleep. Yahoo~.

I immediately had Onee-san, who was free from reception duties, show me around. The Dungeon Administration, built like a government office, is a three-story building in terms of its superstructure.

「The nap rooms are separated by gender, but they're only large shared rooms and there are no private rooms. You can't leave your personal belongings, and there are no safes, so you're responsible for managing them yourself.」

It was a large room lined with bunk beds, and each bed was somewhat partitioned off with curtains.

「Heeeh, this is nice. No one is using it, huh.」

「Because everyone goes home, the frequency of use is low. If it's nearby, taking a taxi is cheaper than the lodging fee.」

A taxi, huh. I didn't have that idea. Now that I've become rich, I'll actively use them too.

「How much is it to stay the night?」

「It's 3,000 yen including the use of the shower room, and the nap room can be used for up to a maximum of eight hours. Ah, there are no towels or shampoo, so prepare them yourself, okay.」

「It's more expensive than I thought, but it's way better than sleeping rough. I'll stay here.」

「Okaaay, thanks for your patronage.」

I returned to the reception desk and completed the procedures and payment. Thankfully, a coin laundry was attached, so I could do my laundry here. Managing my personal belongings is no problem either, because I have the Dimensional Pouch. I could already live here.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>