Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Dragon Chain Ori : Ch 3 Part 1

Hey, PolterGlast here.
I want to inform you that Proofread Version of Dragon Chain Ori Chapter 1 Part 1 has been released.
Special thanks to Karlsen for your help in editing and proofreading

Also, I decided to change Nozomu's skill which is previously Phantom -Return-, now to Phantom -Recurrence-.

Phantom -Recurrence-

A technique of re-sending the Qi to the katana that was swung earlier and shoots a repeated blow.

Because it is released in the same orbit as the once released Phantom, it is possible to cut through the opponent's body more deeply.

The power of a single blow and the cutting power are the same as the Phantom.

Based on this description, it is more suitable to use -Recurrence-


Here's your chappy

==========================================================

Chapter 3 Part 1


Translator : PolterGlast

Proofreader : John4891


Arcazam boulevard in the early morning.

Many students were walking along this street leading to the main gate of Solminati Academy.

Among the large number of students, there were two male students.

The first had a katana strapped to his waist. It was Nozomu Bountis, a male student with the lowest overall grade in the third year of Solminati Academy.

The other was Mars Dickens, a large boy with a greatsword on his back. Like Nozomu, he was also a third-year, and although he had considerable ability, he was a student of the lowest class due to his poor behavior.

As they walked toward the school, students who were also attending school were talking about a rumor.

 

"Hey, did you hear? It seems that a magic item went out of control at Irisdina-san's mansion."

"Yes, I heard. It's a big fuss in town, but I'm glad that no one was injured or dead."

 

A few days after the Francilt Family matter, the controversy began to be heard in different forms at Solminati Academy and Arcazam.

A magic item that was in Francilt's mansion went out of control. The mansion was completely blocked by barrier magic, and the human beings inside were trapped.

However, the magic item causing it was destroyed by Irisdina-san. It was said that the situation had settled down...

 

======================================= 

 

Nozomu's POV

 

"Nozomu, the incident at that time, somehow it became a strange rumor?..........This rumor, do you think it was circulated by the Francilt Family?"

 

Mars whispered this so it couldn’t be heard by the others.

 

"I don't know. Irisdina-san herself may not mind that this matter will be going public, but the Francilt Family, I don't think the people around her will remain silent."

 

The case a few days ago was something that the Francilt Family didn't want anyone to know. Perhaps in order to deceive everyone, they decided to make up a new “truth” in its place.

 

"....But, it's alright now, at least Somia-chan was safe."

"Well, yeah"

 

Mars replied, agreeing with my opinion.

I didn’t really understand what went on within the Francilt Family or the obligations of the aristocrats. I fought at that time simply because I wanted to protect my friends.

I once thought it was no good, but as a result, I was able to see her smile again.

However………….

 

"Somia-chan, I wonder if she's alright...I hope she didn’t face any serious mental or physical backlash."

 

Even though she immediately returned to her original demeanor, she was pulled out of her soul at one point. Moreover, a suspicious magic tool was fused with her soul. I was worried about the side effects.

 

"Based on the doctor's examination, it seems there aren’t any problems...As I thought, are you worried?"

"...Yeah. I'll ask her if I have the chance next time." 

 

Even with the incident, Solminati Academy itself was unfazed, still teaching as usual.

The morning lesson was a lesson on magic by Norn-sensei.

The lesson was about additional magic applications. I couldn’t neglect it even if I was unable to use magic, as I needed to advance in the written test.

 

By the way, Mars, who was good at practical skills, wasn’t the best at this kind of lesson, so he was groaning during the class.

Mars himself had a lot of magical power, but it was difficult for Mars, who was a musclehead, to master because lessons about magic used his head, such as the construction of techniques, interference between attributes, etc etc. 

 

After the morning lesson in the classroom, classmates were having lunch as they pleased at noon.

Since their reconciliation, Mars and I had often eaten together unless one of us was busy.

 

"Nozomu, what are you eating for lunch?"

"I bought a meal for the time being. What about Mars?"

"I have a lunch box I brought from home."

 

With that said, Mars raised a package containing the lunch box.

I remembered the rabbit steak he had eaten before. The lunch created by  the owner Ushitotei inn would be quite delicious.

(Let's eat at a suitable place for the time being ...)

 

"Mars, where do you want to eat..." 

"Excuse me. Nozomu Bountis, are you there?"

"Eh" 

 

I was called by a voice that I’d been hearing a lot lately, so when I looked at the person who spoke, there were two beautiful girls there.

One was Irisdina Francilt, a girl with jet-black hair, slender limbs, and an aura full of confidence.

The other was Tima Lime, a girl who had her brown hair trimmed neatly to her shoulders and looked just as good as Irisdina.

 

""""……………………………… """"

 

The classmates in the classroom were all petrified.

Certainly, talented girls like her didn't have to come to the lowest class, the 10th classroom, and that never happened.

What made the classmates even more confused was ………….

 

"Hey. Didn't she call his name just now?" 

"Aa, aa. I heard that too." 

"Why does he know the black-haired princess..."

 

The name she called was mine. If you thought about it normally, you couldn’t imagine that I, a mediocre student at the bottom of my year, knew a beautiful girl at the top of the year.

I was completely frozen in a situation that I’d never expected.

Looking around the classroom, Irisdina saw me and walked towards me with a smile. The classmates paved a way like people watching a royal parade.

While everyone was paying attention to that, she…….

 

"Good afternoon. Have you guys already had lunch? If not, why not eat together with us? "

 

She threw a curve ball called a meal invitation.

 

""What's that?""

 

A moment later, the classroom exploded.

 

"...This is gonna become a huge commotion..."   

 

Mars muttered as if he was amazed.

In such a commotion, I hurriedly accepted her invitation and escaped from the 10th-class classroom, which was bursting into a commotion, with Mars and the others.

With her words, the classmates who were in the classroom literally screamed.

 

Irisdina had many men and women longing for her because of her appearance, talent, and personality, and there was no end to those who wished to have a relationship; however, she never received their feelings, and she was said to be like a "Flower on a high peak" because she was always out of one’s reach.

 

We came to a corner of the courtyard. Four people started eating at this place, but………….

 

"He's definitely the 10th-class dropout." 

"Why does she know that lowest?"

 

The eyes of the passers-by first fell on Irisdina and then to Mars and I. Obviously, they glared at me with a "Why is this guy..." look.

Some people stared at me with their eyes full of hatred and deathly curses

The eyes on me were particularly terrible, most of them purely hostile.

If you think about it, the students in the classroom couldn’t have possibly spread the rumour out so quickly, yet their gazes were still full of hatred...

 

(Th, there's no taste!)

“…………….Chi!”

 

Even I, who was accustomed to invalidating gazes such as resentment, was in a difficult situation now. I couldn’t feel the taste of my meal over the hostile gazes that pierced me. Mars was frustrated by their unreserved annoying gazes. 

 

"...I'm sorry. I suddenly rushed into the classroom..."

“…………Sorry. Was it annoying?”

 

The two who noticed the strange expressions on Mars and I apologized.

 

"N-No. I was just surprised by such a sudden thing."

"I-It's not the best, but it's not your fault ..."

 

It was certainly not their responsibility. Mars and I hurriedly apologized to Irisdina and Tima.

I thought it was a good opportunity, so I asked Irisdina what I had been interested in since the morning.

 

"By the way, how is Somia-chan?"

"Aa, no problem. She is still going to Ecross today."

 

I considered the surroundings and listened only to what I wanted to hear. I couldn't hear anything devious, as the incident was supposed to be a rampant magic item.

 

She had her soul extracted, albeit temporarily. 

When I met her the next day, nothing seemed to happen, but I didn't know what would happen after that, so I asked about Somia, but it seemed to be okay.

 

The anxiety hadn’t disappeared because the Furnace of Spiritual Flame couldn’t be taken out from Somia's soul, but for the time being, I felt relieved, stroked his chest, and resumed eating.

 

After eating with four people for a while, Irisdina asked Nozomu as she remembered something.

 

"... By the way, what will Nozomu-kun and Mars-kun do after school?"

"Well, I don't have any plans today, so I'll train..."

 

I have never missed training.

 

I’d been training recklessly to escape from the fact that I was once dumped by Lisa, but for whatever reason, the training that had been going on for more than a year and a half has become a habit. Also, I, who was restrained, it was of utmost importance to fill the gap and sharpen my skills through my daily training.

 

"I see...if it's okay, would you like to go out with me after school today? I want to thank you for that time..."

 

Irisdina asked me to take some time after school. She wanted to thank me with any form of gratitude possible.

Her father covered up the case with the Waziart Family. Even the fact that the mansion was covered with barrier magic was completely hidden.

As a result, it became impossible to formally thank Nozomu and Mars as the next head of the Francilt Family.

That's why Irisdina wanted to thank me as an individual at the very least.

To me who helped her important little sister………….

 

"Thanking me...you don't have to worry about it."

"That's not the case. You did that much...I think I'll at least give you my feeling of gratitude, will you accept it?"

 

Irisdina spun her words to ascertain my current state.

(Nozomu-kun...looks like he's all right today...)

Irisdina was also concerned about me herself. When she asked me about my power in the fight against Rugato, I was obviously acting a bit strange.

(There is a reason why he is hiding his own power)

Realizing that, Irisdina couldn't tell her father about Nozomu's hidden powers.

 

“…………I understand. What about Mars?”

"Why do you ask me? This should be what you receive right? In fact, you were the one who stopped that old man."

 

After Nozomu accepts Irisdina's words, Mars asks, "Why am I?"

For Mars, it was Nozomu who actually stopped Rugato, so he thought it would be a mistake to receive her gratitude ...

 

"No, you too. At that time, you were protecting Tima, so that Nozomu-kun could make it in time."

"Th-That's right. If Mars-kun wasn't there at that time, I would have been hit by his magical bullet rain. If that was the case, Somia-chan would have been lost forever..."

 

Irisdina and Tima denied Mars's idea. It was I who stopped Rugato, but I never would have had the time to get our weapons if it wasn’t Mars.

 

"…………I know"

 

Mars accepted that fact and decided to go out after school.

Eventually, the bell that signalled the end of the lunch break rang, and the students began to return to the classroom for the afternoon lesson.

Nozomu and the others also began to return to their classroom, but there was a shadow watching from behind.

 

"Hee, isn't that interesting?"

 

A male student came out from behind the school building. He was smiling happily.

 

"Did they think that there would be no one else who wanted to eat with the Black-Haired Princess and Four-Scale Concerto, that lowest and naughty boy~"

 

The boy looked like a child finding a new toy, and he looked at Nozomu and the others returning to the classroom.

 

"Well, I found a fun thing in this unpleasant school for the first time in a while. You'll entertain me to the fullest."

 

The boy checked Nozomu and Mar’s situation again, and then turned his heels. His head and hips, walking away in the opposite direction of Nozomu and others, with stunning golden ears and tail.

 


Support Me