Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Of All Things, I Became a Crow: Chapter #75

 

Of All Things, I Became a Crow: Chapter #75

Translators: Nyx and Ririi Rain

Announcement: We’re sorry, Ririi is down with a fever, so we decided to take a little break from translating. The next chapter will be updated after she has gotten better.

Please take care of your health. Here’s chapter 75th:


 

*Rainelle’s POV

"Uuu! Rainelle, you’re so mean!! Why didn't you tell me there’s a tea party?!"

"Sorry, sorry... I was suggested of it all of a sudden, and I didn't think to tell you."

"If Brother hadn't told me, I probably wouldn't have been able to have a tea party with Rainelle!"

Sepia's behavior of stomping her feet while puffing her cheeks was...

---It's obvious that she's angry, but it's cute. Cute! Aaah! The child is so cute---!!

"I'm sorry, Sepia, I won't do that again. I was surprised when the other noble ladies offered it first."

"---Um, hm... Okay, ‘cause Rainelle doesn't lie."

The child's gesture of nodding her head with an adult-like expression made me almost laugh, but I managed to suppress it.

---If I laugh at this timing, she'll be really angry, right?

"But why did they ask for a tea party? Of course, it's good for me, but..."

"Isn't it because they want to get to know Rainelle? Rainelle is pretty."

"Is that right? No way, aren’t I just a crow?"

Sepia pouted at those words, and my heart sank.

...Eh, did I say something wrong?!

I looked at Sepia while suppressing my nervousness. But instead of getting angry, the child sighed and shook her head.

"---Even when you're a crow, you're pretty."

"Ah, ah ha ha..."

"Anyway, I'm going to join in! Is that all right, Rainelle?"

"Of course! I think it would be nice if Sepia also come to eat delicious food and have fun."

"Whoo! Rainelle is the best!!"

Argh! The child’s behavior of coming into my arms while cheering like this is too lovely!

I rubbed my cheek on hers, then a roar of laughter followed.

"We should wear a pretty dress for the tea party! What kind of dress will Rainelle wear?"

"Uh... Well? The maids know pretty clothes, so I'm thinking about wearing the one they picked out."

"I'm going to wear a sky blue dress this time! Would Rainelle wears sky blue too?"

"Um... Okay! The sky blue is pretty too!"

"Great! How cool would it be to wear a matching dress with Rainelle and have a tea party!!"

I'm so looking forward to it!! So excited! I thought to myself as I faced the delighted child.

Are the ladies asking me to join the tea party because they like me?

No, no matter how simple my mind is, it didn't seem like that. Even thinking back to the banquet, they weren’t that friendly?

They were like that, so it's kind of strange to treat me like this now. Do they have any other goals? No, even so, I’m just a crow? One who can transform into a human and have made a contract with a low-leveled wind spirit…?

...I don’t think that’s really common though, maybe I'm not normal?

No, no. I'm normal!

Having said this, even though everything seems good, there was one fatal flaw.

That's right!! My intelligence seems to become as simple as a bird's mind!! This is crazy!! My dignity as a person... I’ve vehemently rejected bugs!! But things are getting dark now! I can't believe I'm losing my intelligence! I can't believe I'm losing my intelligence!

Seeing Sepia grabbing my hand and waving it while giggling, I vowed to myself:

At the tea party, I will act smart and ultrafast like a human being! I will!!

***

--- It seems like only yesterday that I thought like that, but it's already tea party day. Argh! That’s right! Putting on a dress means that I inevitably have to suffer for hours!!

"Okay, it's done..."

Finished! Freed from the hands of the maids! It’s liberation!!

The sky blue dress is incredibly pretty, but it was really, really hard to wear this dress and the makeup!!

The neatly combed hair, the accessories, the makeup, and the dress were all in perfect harmony. But just thinking about how many hours I had to suffer for this look was terrifying.

"I'm going to the tea room..."

There will be Sepia and noble ladies waiting there, right? What kind of people will come? I didn't have much time to talk to others since I was by Karmeut’s side all the time at the banquet…

Oh, I'm worried. It's even more so because Karmeut doesn't attend the tea party. What if I unintentionally cause an accident?! Ah! Then Madame Fangxia will come and scold me!!

...No, wait!! If it is a tea party for the noble ladies, won’t it means that Madame Fangxia will be there too?! Oh my God!

When I thought of Madame Fangxia, my body shuddered without me realizing it.

If I thought about it, it’s all full of worries! Madame Fangxia is there!! If I don't keep my manners, I will get in trouble!!

I suddenly felt like I didn't want to go to the tea party, but it was already too late.

Everyone will be waiting! Argh!! If I back out right now, I’ll get in bigger trouble!!

I started walking to the tea room, tasting the feeling of being dragged forcibly.

Huhuhu... It’s the tea party I was looking forward to, but I didn't know there’s an unexpected ambush!!

Contrary to what I thought, the tea party was prepared in the garden. The place where the rose vines, flowers, and trees were harmoniously balanced. It was evident that the gardeners had cared for them with love.

In the center of such a garden was a pavilion made of marble. However, perhaps because there were a lot of people, several large tables were placed next to the pavilion. And besides those tables, there were already many seated people.

...I don’t think Sepia is here yet.

I slowly approached while realizing that there was no Sepia’s small figure and a maid began to announce my arrival.

"Rainelle-nim has arrived."

I smiled gracefully as I felt the eyes of the people gathered at me.

...If I show an attitude that goes against the etiquette even just slightly, I might meet Madame Fangxia’s wrath again! Good luck, Rainelle!!

 

*3rd person POV

"Rainelle-nim has arrived."

At the words of the maid, the eyes of those gathered there turned in one direction. A beautiful woman wearing a light blue dress who smiled gracefully was approaching them.

"Rainelle-nim. Hello."

"It's an honor to meet you."

The ladies rushed up to her and greeted her. Of course, at the beginning of the last banquet, the existence of Rainelle itself was not very pleasant to them. It was natural.

There was a new emperor. The young Emperor who just ascended the throne. Of course, their interest will shift to who the Emperor will marry, right?

And so it was natural that they didn't like Rainelle. A presence who was not even a noble was occupying the spot. Besides,

‘Isn't that woman a crow, not a human?’

That was why, at first, they didn't get close, and talked about her from behind.

‘How dare such a trifling being, who is a beast by nature, take the seat next to the precious His Majesty the Emperor? There is definitely something.’

As they chatted with each other like that, they gave Rainelle a look of jealousy and contempt, but they had no choice but to realize.

Throughout the banquet, the Emperor was never far away from Rainelle. How can they not realize that when another man approaches her, he immediately reveals his dissatisfaction?

It was a fact that His Majesty the Emperor had already chosen that being called Rainelle as his companion.

Of course, if it were any other country, they wouldn't give up just because of this. For nobles and royalty, love was a luxury. It was common to get married in terms of profit and demerits. Therefore, even if the person were not the object of love, they could marry them as long as they had a good family background.

But it was not entirely so for the Empire. Their emperors are those who were born with the temperament of a wolf, or who can turn into a wolf from generation to generation.

Wolves took good care of their pack, and the most dangerous work was done by the pack leader. And once a mate was chosen, they do not part until death separates them.

The people knew that no matter how much political loss it was, and even if a war broke out with another country, there was no such thing as changing partners for the Emperor.

Besides, the person behind Rainelle was Sir Windster. He was the leader of the Knights Templar who protects the Emperor and he was one of the most powerful men in the Empire. The knight was also the most loyal henchman of the current emperor.

There was only one meaning when such a person was standing as a guard at the ladies' tea party. That was why they had no choice but to give up.

If so, there was only one path left: to win the favor of Rainelle, who will become the next empress. In doing so, they would bring prosperity and well-being to their own family.

"Rainelle-nim, how have you been?"

"---Oh, Madame Fangxia. I had a good time. Thank you for your concern."

The figure of Rainelle who responded with a gentle voice was dignified. Looking at her like that, one by one, the ladies stepped forward and began to introduce themselves.

"Rainelle-nim. It is an honor to meet you. I am the Countess of Gilmore. This is my daughter."

"It is an honor to meet you. Rainelle-nim."

"Nice to meet you, Countess Gilmore, Young Lady Gilmore."

Everyone, who was greeted by Rainelle with grace and ease, thought as they looked at Rainelle: ‘I think I know why His Majesty pointed out Rainelle as his partner.’

 

*Rainelle’s POV

I passed!! I passed it!! Madame Fangxia was the first to say hello and I almost dropped my heart, but I did it! I made it through safely!!

She will be watching me with a hawk's eye throughout the tea party, so I'll have to be careful in the future, but it's still okay so far!!

"Princess Sepia has arrived."

I, as well as others, got up from our seats.

Sepia, wearing a cute light blue dress and smiling brightly, was so cute that I wanted to bite her.

Aww, so cute! Adorable and cute!!

---No!! Madame Fangxia is watching!! So, as elegantly as possible...

"Welcome. Princess."

The child nodded her head like an adult, unlike usual. She then said in a calm voice,

"I couldn't resist coming to a tea party hosted by Rainelle."

"I hope you like it."

---Sepia is also working hard... Argh! How can such a little child be so courteous! I’m proud but sad!!

I was like that in my heart, but I still gracefully greeted Sepia on the outside, and then I greeted those who I had not yet.

...Is it because they are nobles? Everyone’s is so pretty.

The tea party began when Sepia arrived. The maids were busy walking around, pouring the well-made tea into teacups, and began putting out the refreshments made by the Imperial Chefs on the table.

"Rainelle-nim is really beautiful. It's understandable that His Majesty the Emperor announced you as the next empress."

"What do you mean... Would His Majesty the Emperor choose a companion simply because she is beautiful?"

"Uh, my... I'm sorry, Rainelle-nim. I was being silly."

"Hm... it's fine, because I know how I look."

I sip my tea and glance behind me. As if it was only natural, Galenos stood quietly. I sighed in my mind.

The reason Galenos is here is probably because of Karmeut, right? ---I'll have to thank him later.

Galenos, dressed in a knight uniform and armed with a sword on his side, seemed to put pressure on others in many ways. Thanks to this, I was able to enjoy the tea party relatively comfortably.

All in all, the noble ladies favored me. ---Of course, it wasn't that there weren't noble ladies who looked at me with resentment, but...

It's okay, it's okay! I have no choice but to tell myself that it's okay!! I didn't do anything wrong!

"---By the way, Countess Gwynell participated."

"Yes. What's even more surprising is that Count Gwynell's Young Lady participated in person. Of course, it's weird not to participate, but..."

---What? What are you ladies talking about now?

I turned my head out of curiosity and listened to the conversations of the ladies who were talking. Whether or not they knew that I was looking their way, they kept talking.

“I think the Young Lady cut her wrist a while ago.”

"Oh my God, why did she do that? How ugly it would be if you left a scar on your wrist..."

"I don't know for sure, but I think she was able to be found quickly and had been treated well, so it won’t leave a scar. But..."

"But..? What is it?"

"She only opened her eyes a week later."

"Oh my gosh, was it that critical?"

"Maybe it wasn't that bad? She also came to the tea party..."

"I don't know if the Young Lady will be okay. Something big happened, right?"

"That’s what I mean. By the way, did you notice?"

"Notice what?"

"I’m only telling you this, Viscountess Purinell, but after waking up, it seems like the Young Lady's personality has changed dramatically?"

"Changed?"

"Oh, you know the character of Young Lady Gwynell. She has high self-esteem..."

"Ah, she did. And?"

"But she has changed. I don't know exactly how it has changed, but... she's not the same?"

...The first thing that came to my mind while listening to that conversation was this:

Even if you are noble, the network of aunties is awesome---!! Wow, that was just a conversation, but the information just kept on coming!

Huh? Wait a minute.

An ominous thought ran through my head.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, ca, calm down and think.

Doesn’t cutting your wrist mean you're trying to commit suicide? And the wound wasn't that big, so even the scar was healed cleanly, but it took a week to wake up... And after waking up, your personality changed?

Ha ha ha ha ha...

Aaaah!! This is a common development, ah ah ah ah!! In this situation, it only means one thing!! It’s only ‘that’!!

The heroine!! Aaaaaah!! The original heroine has appeared!! Aaaaaa!!

***

 

Previous chapter | Novel page | Next chapter

Help us keep our spirit up by buying us Coffee

You can visit too to check out some cute and cool phone wallpapers!

 

 

 

 

Support Me