Friday, July 1, 2022

[Teaser] DCO Chapter 7 Part 28

 

 TEASER CHAPTER 7 PART 28





Nozomu, who was absent from school, invited Lisa and went out for a walk in Arcazam together.

They passed through the civic district where the student dormitories were located and headed for the central park in the middle of the city.

Sitting on a park bench, Nozomu and Lisa gazed at the chalk-white school building of Solminati Academy in silence.

For a while, silence flowed between the two.

 

"Umm, I'm sorry."

 

It was Nozomu who opened his mouth first.

He glanced sideways to check Lisa's shortened hair and looked down in regret.

Her hair, which was cut to the shoulders, was now trimmed even shorter, making her look like a boy.

 

"I told you, no need to apologize. I just wanted a change of pace. Well, Camilla surprised me."

 

Contrary to Nozomu, who had a painful expression on his face, Lisa had a clear expression, and she waved her hand, saying not to worry about it.

 

"No, that one too, but what I mean is that everything happened until now."

"That's not something Nozomu should apologize for, isn't it? To begin with, it was my fault because I couldn't believe you, Nozomu..."

 

This time, Lisa's expression became clouded.

Even though she had been fooled by Ken's plan, it was definitely her who had thrown abusive words at Nozomu.

And her words were the decisive factor in bringing down Nozomu's position at the school to the bottom of the barrel.

 

"I should be the one apologizing. I'm sorry I didn't believe in you, Nozomu..."

 

Turning towards Nozomu, Lisa bowed her head deeply.

She herself didn't expect to be forgiven. Even so, she felt that she had to apologize properly here.

 

"No, I should have asked you as soon as those rumors came out. I should have confronted you, as well as Ken. The only reason I didn't do it was because I myself ran away from you and Ken."

 

Nozomu looked at her as she bowed her head and slowly speak about his true feelings.

His words were colored by regret.

Indeed, Nozomu was rejected by Lisa. Furthermore, he had been deceived by Ken's trickery, and he had also been impatient with his own ability, which was not growing at all at the time.

However, the reason the situation had become so complicated was also because Nozomu had a part in it.

He couldn't bring himself to face her. He was under the delusion that if he became stronger, he would be able to help Lisa. That was Nozomu's sin.

 

"In the end, we said we were doing it for each other, but we didn't even try to face each other. We kept convincing ourselves about stories that were convenient for us and kept turning our backs on each other because they weren't going the way we wanted them to. That is why. I want to apologize."

 

Once again, Nozomu turned to Lisa and bowed deeply.

Then, both of them raised their heads at the same time, and both of them smiled.

 

"Pfft~! We're doing something weird, aren't we?"

"Haha~! That's for sure. A man and a woman are absent from school in the daytime and bow their heads on a bench in the park. From the outside, people would be scratching their heads and wondering what they're doing."

 

They smiled and laughed at each other for a while.

They could feel the stagnation that had settled in the depth of their heart for two years flowing away. It was the first time in a really long time that they could smile from the bottom of their heart.

They had a distorted relationship, but they still leaned on each other as if they depended on each other. The rusty cogs in their relationship were finally starting to turn.

 

"What are you going to do now, Lisa?"

 

They laughed for a while.

After a while, Nozomu suddenly asked Lisa a question, and she looked up and stared off into the distance.

She looked at the sky and closed her eyes as if to look inside her own heart. Then, with a wry smile on her face, she turned to Nozomu and slowly opened her mouth.

 

"I don't know. I've always wanted to be an adventurer like my father, but I've come to think that there's more to it than that, and I still want to learn a lot of things here..."

"Hmm?"

 

When she cut her own words without saying them to the end, Lisa quickly closed the distance between her and Nozomu.

Her moist eyes stared at him from a close distance.

Nozomu felt his heart skip a beat at the expression on her face as if she were about to cry at any moment.

 

"Hey, Nozomu... If I decide to leave the academy, will you come with me?"




Support Me