Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Of All Things, I Became a Crow: Chapter #108

 

Of All Things, I Became a Crow: Chapter #108

Translators: Nyx and Ririi Rain

Translator(s) note: We wanna say thank you @Miah R for the kofi <3 <3 


 

*Rainelle’s POV

"But I succeeded!! Ahahahaha! Namuel received the Crobanlock!"

I nodded at Aria’s excited smile.

Yeah, I am happy too when you successfully made progress with Namuel’s route! Karmeut is mine, then!

"Thank God---!! Do you remember the development afterward?"

"Of course, of course! What happens afterward is---!!"

Aria paused. Then her complexion began to turn white.

"What? What is it?! Aria, what’s wrong?!"

"...what should I do...?"

Aria's head turned slowly, and her eyes were in tears.

What?!! Why all of a sudden?! Why? Why? Why?

"What’s wrong?! Why are you crying?!!"

"---I must be crazy... I must be crazy! Seriously! If I set a goal, I have to fix my habit of looking only at it and rushing forward without hesitation!!"

After she said that, Aria, who had pulled her hair random, shouted to me,

"Rainelle! Do you remember anything about Namuel’s route?!"

"...huh? No? I played this game a few years ago, so I can’t remember. And then I became a crow, and I lost my intelligence. Oh! But I remember this. Some characters die depending on the route."

"That's it!!"

"---Uh?"

"Depending on the route, a character can die! There are two routes where a character, one is the hidden Sedarun’s route, the other one is…!!"

Aria’s hesitation made me feel like my blood went cold. I really don't want to make sure, but I still had to, so I willed myself to barely open my mouth,

"...the other one, is Namuel’s route?"

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry---!! I was too focused on how to deliver the Crobanlock to Namuel and---!!"

Alas, I'm a fool, I’m a fool---!!

As I shouted that in my head, I asked a question that made me sweat,

"...that, the character who dies..."

"...Kar, meut."

I felt like my mind was going blank at the worst answer...

"...You didn't tell me on purpose, did you?"
The word popped out without me realizing it. After saying that, I felt my inside boiling.
"Answer me! You don't think I'll help you if you say that, so you didn't say it on purpose, did you? Answer me, Adriana!!"

At that, Aria's blue eyes shook, and I became angrier at her appearance that could not answer.

"Why can't you speak? No way, did you really use me? Do you think I’m easy to manipulate because I'm a crow and my intelligence has fallen? Hm? Is that it?"

"That's not---! It's not like that!!"

Aria responded in high volume. She then said as if to calm me,

"If I really deceived you, I would have not said anything and just move on like there’s no problem. I really didn't mean it. I couldn't think of anything else in my head because I just wanted to get along with Namuel. I’m so sorry. I have nothing to say. But I really, sincerely, seriously, didn't try to deceive you. Believe me. "

My heart became a bit calm at that, because Aria's words were not exactly wrong.

If she really meant to deceive me, she wouldn't have said it. It's just after she gave Namuel the Crobanlock today. There’s no merit for her to talk about it in such a situation.

I can even coax Karmeut so that he can take the Crobanlock from Namuel because she told me this.

I tried to calm down as I let out a long sigh.

Aria, who kept looking at me, spoke carefully,

"...Did you calm down a little?"

"...Yes."

"I mean ... do you believe me?"

"I believe that you wouldn't have talked at all if you were deceiving me. The rest, honestly, I don't know."

Karmeut's life is hanging here. I understood Aria’s words, but it didn't mean that I wasn’t angry.

"I understand. But I’m still angry."

Aria's eyes drooped as she nodded without rebuttal at my attitude.

"I made a mistake. In the game and the real world, Namuel is not a person whose walls of the heart are easy to break into, so I didn't think about anything else. Because I was struggling to get over it. ---If I knew this would happen, I wouldn't have given him the Crobanlock for now."

I felt a little, just a little bit relieved by seeing her behavior of covering her face with one hand while muttering that with a discouraged face.

"...I can tell Karmeut to take the Crobanlock."

Hearing that, Aria looked at me. After hesitating, she said,

"---If it’s like the game, the target character who had received the Crobanlock won’t give it away."

"This is a reality."

"Yes, of course. It's also true that we can't predict how Namuel will behave. How about thinking of the in-game story as a strategy book and referencing it? As long as Rainelle is here, things won't go completely the same as the original. We have to hold on even to straws now."

Her reluctance made a sigh leak out of my lips.

"---Right. Then?"

"Think about it a little bit. The urgent thing is that we make sure Karmeut doesn't die."

"...Does that include keeping your connection with Namuel?"

"...I value Namuel as much as Rainelle value Karmeut. Of course I want to be a couple with the person I like."

Even in this situation, I was relieved by Aria's actions of answering me honestly.

...At least, she didn't lie.

"...Yeah, okay. The reason I helped Aria was so that you can be together with Namuel and no one can interfere in my relationship with Karmeut."

"...You’re being honest, aren’t you?"

"Aria is also saying honestly that you didn't want to give up Namuel, right?"

Aria laughed at that. I also did not endure my laughter.

"The thing is, can we save Karmeut without taking the Crobanlock from Namuel?"

"That’s the best case. But if there’s no way, it's better to get rid of it, even if there's a limit to stealing or destroying the Crobanlock."

“…Is that alright?”

"A person only has one life, but there is always a way to make up for the favorability of a gift. It also won’t erase the fact that I have given the Crobanlock to him as a present."

As Aria said “So our focus should be Karmeut’s life”, she was looking at me with seriousness. Sensing Aria’s sincerity, I opened my mouth,

"How did Namuel’s route continue based on the game?"

Aria thought momentarily and replied,

"As is the case with all target characters, Namuel eats the Crobanlock. Of course, he thought a lot about whether to use it for research or consume it, but when Namuel’s favorability of the female lead continues to increase, he decides to eat it."

Aria and I moved to the sofa. It was because the story seemed to be long. I listened to her as she poured a cup of drink until she finally ask,

"Do you remember anything more of Namuel’s route?"

"…The only other thing I remember of him is that he is a noble."

"That's right. The lineage. His father is the younger brother of the previous Emperor.

"Yeah. Huh? Then what about his mother?"

"...his mother is the problem. No, technically, she's a victim, too."

"...?"

What do you mean, ‘the mother's a victim, too?’...?

When I stared at her because I didn't know what she meant, Aria opened her mouth after gulping down her drink,

"Do you know Succubus and Incubus?"

"...? I know. They’re the kind of demons who make things labeled as "19-rated" just by them appearing, right? They have the personality of sexual indulgence."

"They're the problem."

"...What?"

"In this game, Succubus and Incubus borrowed others to get offspring. So... if an incubus is doing it with a woman in her dream, she will be pregnant."

My mouth gaped at that.

"What is that?!!"

"To be exact, should I say that they create mixed blood of demon and human by putting in their energy? ---Of course, Incubus itself is not a high-ranking demon, so even if the child is mixed... but it became a problem when the father is a figure of the Imperial Family with wolf blood. And at the same time when the couple wrestled on the bed… "

I had no choice but to scream.

"What is that crazy development!!"

"--- Let's blame the story writer."

"Story writer you XXX!!"

There can be such a coincidence?!! At the time when the couple had a relationship and had a child, an Incubus did this and that with Namuel's mother in her dream?!

"Of course, Namuel's mother can't say she did that with an Incubus in her dream. No, did she even realize it was an incubus?"

"That's not the point!! So?! What will happen?!”

"...The blood of the wolf and the magic energy of the incubus is a terrible combination.”

Oh, my head!! Don’t tell me what I imagined will happen!

I reflexively grabbed my head and groaned. Then I raised my eyes because of my crazy thoughts.

"Then! What if Namuel eats Crobanlock?!"

"If the route is successful, he will awaken as a wolf whose magic energy runs wild. Then, he will kill Karmeut while he was berserk. When two wolves fight, they will attack until one of them dies."

"Why?! Why?! Aren’t there Guards? And Knights?!"

"First of all, the blood of the wolf flowing through the Imperial Family is the blood of an animal that assisted God, even if the blood is faded. In addition, Namuel is a wizard, so he was used to magic. What happens?"

Aria's eyes were empty as if all hope had vanished. Maybe I'm the same!

Damn it! Crazy! What is this? Aghhh!!!

"...it's chaos, destruction, and oblivion!!"

"Let's curse the writer again. XXX story writer should get bugs in their mouth!"

How can you make up such a crazy story?! You're crazy!

"...Anyway, in the end, with the magical power of love, Namuel comes to his senses and calms down. And then Namuel takes over the vacant throne and becomes the emperor."

"What about Sepia?"

"Sepia? ---Oh, she couldn't awaken..."

"I see."

The more I thought about it, the more absurd it was, so I looked up at the ceiling at the absurd development.

Wow, the ceiling is gorgeous. Ha ha.

"---Rainelle? Don't escape reality."

"…You really won’t let me take it right now...?"

I was even more devastated by Aria’s silent reaction.

Argh! What is this!! I want to avoid mines, but I faced nuclear bombs instead!!

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Why is it like this!! Karmeut, noo!! Karmeut can't die!! "

"Now, calm down for a second!"

"I can't calm down! How can I calm down when the person I love is at stake?!"

"There is still some time left! It's not going to happen right now! And that's a story of the game route, while this is reality! So get a grip! Come to your senses!"

Then she said, “Even if you are caught by a tiger, you will survive if you keep your cool1!”, so I replied to Aria,

"If I come to my sense, I will die terribly, so wouldn’t it be better to faint?"

"Oh, seriously!! Don't interpret it like that!!"

"Then take the Crobanlock right away! We still have time, so we can do it through force!”

"Ahhhh! It's not happening yet, so calm down for now!"

I hit the cushion with my fist while shouting, "If it were you, would you calm down?"

And suddenly my head was clear at the thought that came to my mind.

"Myrdin-nim!"

"…What?"

"Aria, I will look for a way, so you look for some ways too! It's better for both of us to have a good ending, right? If I don’t think anything will work anymore, I’ll go take the Crobanlock. Do you really agree with that?”

Aria hesitated, then she finally nodded her head.

"...If it comes down to it, that's better in many ways."

"Okay, I'll go now. I won't take the Crobanlock without your consent, so rest assured. Okay?"

I did not listen to her answer as I turned into a crow and started heading to the Imperial Palace right away.

Myrdin, and the crow who is over 60 years old.

I have more questions now. And more reasons why I must gain power.

***


 Notes:

A Korean proverb, meaning: Even facing the most dangerous situation or difficulty, one can survive if they keeps their composure and does not lose their cool. This proverb teaches people to be courageous and not to despair even in the most desperate situations.

 

Previous chapter | Novel page | Next chapter

Help us keep our spirit up and get us closer to buying a new laptop by buying us Coffee (人ゝω・)

You can visit too to check out some cute and cool phone wallpapers!

 

 

 

 

 

Support Me