Saturday, February 25, 2023

Of All Things, I Became a Crow: Side Story Special #2

 

Of All Things, I Became a Crow: Special Side Story #2

Translators: Nyx and Ririi Rain

 

 

*Rainelle’s POV

My eyes went around, not knowing whether to be delighted or troubled by the sudden that had been prepared out of nowhere.

This is too much.

No, no matter how much it is, it's only one meal, so does it make sense for the servants to move the tables and for the maids to bring plates constantly?

I looked at Karmeut in amazement, but a sigh came out when he gazed back with a look of “ is there something wrong?”.

"...... What if I can't eat it all?"

"You don't have to worry about that. There's a way."

Karmeut’s eyes conveyed that there really was no need for me to worry about such a trivial matter. It was so passionate that there was even a little sting.

It wasn't that I couldn't understand why he was worried. Me too, if Karmeut hasn't eaten or drank for three days, I felt like I would have forced food into his mouth.

But my body couldn't change that.

I carefully scanned the food, suppressing my faint nausea. A bloated feeling that I had not felt before laying egg bothered my stomach.

Karmeut still doesn't seem to believe it, but I found it really easy to lay the egg. The size of the egg was large, but considering my body, it was so-so...?

It's a bit like a metaphor, but it felt like going to the bathroom.

I put some strength and it came out... No, but the bathroom metaphor is a bit too much. But the total excretory cavity of birds is all-in-one... Let's stop. The more I talk about it, the more I feel like it gets dirtier.

Anyway, contrary to Karmeut's concerns, there was no problem with laying the egg. It was to the point that I felt like an idiot for being nervous.

There was no problem with anything. I’m not feeling particularly hungry or thirsty. I don't feel uncomfortable, but from Karmeut's point of view, it doesn’t look that way, does it?

No, I'm more uncomfortable now.

No, isn't it a little strange that something similar to morning sickness that didn't exist before the egg was laid appears now?

The meat and fish dishes that I would have been crazy about before were just nearby, but I felt nauseous now. The fresh salad smelled like grass, so I didn't want to even bite it, and so did other foods.

"Are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah. My stomach just feels a bit upset..."

I mumbled and blurred the end of my words, but Karmeut seemed to notice. My agitated stomach felt a little better as he gently stroked my back with a worried expression.

"You can’t eat?"

“I think the fruit is kind of okay.”

Saying that, I picked up an apple lying nearby and bit it. The sweet and sour juice was okay, but the flesh felt like grains of sand rolling around in my mouth.

Still, it was far better than getting sick just by smelling it.

As I began to gnaw carefully with my front teeth, Karmeut made a complicated expression. ............Even when I look at it, it seems like I'm eating, but this is just nibbling.

"How about some cookies or cake?"

He cautiously held out the plate, but I shook my head. There was a faint fishy smell from the cookies or cakes. The smell of butter, eggs, and milk that was subtly buried in the sweet smell made me sick to my stomach.

"...It smells fishy....... I don't normally feel it and enjoy it normally, but my senses must have become sensitive."

“............Really? You don’t really enjoy the fruit, do you?"

“The juice is fine, I can still eat it.”

so you eat Even if I was in Kamut's position, I would be worried.

Karmeut closed his mouth and looked at me with a complex expression. His eyes were so blatant that I could read what he was thinking, so I smiled a little.

"It's okay. I can eat it."

Karmeut's words were right. I can only survive and take care of my child if I eat.

So even if I don't like it, I should take it. ...but I don't dare to try meat and fish.

Karmeut let out a long sigh and hugged me from behind. I was a little embarrassed to be held in his arms for an instant, but I was stopped by Karmeut's action of burying his face in my shoulder.

“……Thank you, Rainelle.”

How much emotion was contained in those simple words?

I became his companion, and now I even had an egg, but it was hard to be clear what he was on about. Still, one thing was obvious.

He loves me. And I also love him.

I leaned back in his arms with a small smile at the reliable and cozy feeling. After tucking in my wings, I turned my head slightly and kissed him on the cheek.

I laughed, feeling his eyes wide open and a smile forming on his lips.

"Thank you too. I'm so glad you cared so much."

"...how can I not care when it's about you."

He murmured in a slightly subdued voice and put strength into his arms and hugged me. It was a bit stuffy, but more than that, the feeling of satisfaction and coziness was greater.

"It's a little regretful."

"What?"

“If I were like you… No, at least if my ancestors had blood from the Black Bird, not the Wolf, I could have helped you raise our child.”

I knew he had built up his knowledge of birds since he married me. But it was the first time he had talked about it seriously.

To be honest.......... What Karmeut said was true to some extent. Usually, when birds incubate eggs, couples take turns incubating them.

But I was alone, and the egg was too big for Karmeut to incubate.

Karmeut incubating egg…

"Pfft!"

The laughter that came out was irresistible. Karmeut's opened his eyes as if wondering, but I was already trying to hold back my laughter with all my might.

No, isn’t that's right? Even if he hold that big egg in human form, or if I imagine him in wolf form, struggling to get it into his bosom...!!

“Ahahaha! I, sorry, Karmeut! Thinking that Karmeut, Kar, Karmeut, incubating egg...!"

He blinked blankly at the sight of me holding my stomach and laughing loudly without able to hold back. And soon his cheeks began to burn red as if his thoughts had brought some images.

"Ah, that's...!!"

"Pufu...! Sorry, Karmeut, but I know what Karmeut wants to talk about."

I grabbed his face, which was flushed with embarrassment, and lightly kissed his forehead. Then I flinched as I was grabbed my chin and was kissed on the mouth.

・・・・・・ As I always thought, I can’t beat Karmeut in many ways.

As if to seduce me, he licked my lips and clung to me, making me short of breath. Right before I pushed his chest away, he quickly parted our lips and bent his eyes.

・・・・ Really? You’re doing this now?”

"Yes. You're so attractive that I can't stand it otherwise. I am surprisingly impatient."

I felt like his golden eyes were burning.

"I'm still holding in right now."

Intuitively feeling the danger at those words, I laughed awkwardly.

“Well, bear with me for now. Because there is the egg."

"......Yes.”

Karmeut sighed and carefully stroked my cheek, then he gently brought his lips to my eyes before he backed away.

“I hope the baby will be born soon from the egg.”

"I hope so too."

The child born from the egg, would it be a human figure or an animal figure? Will it be a bird or a wolf?

Karmeut was someone who awakened the blood of the Wolf, and I met the Black Bird and became the queen of the birds.

Those two were beings far from ordinary humans. Because it was our child, even before I laid egg, I wondered if I will give birth to a human child or an egg. I did not know whether I will give birth in the form of a human, a black bird, or a normal crow.

So I was anxious and even afraid, but I was able to endure it because Karmeut was by my side.

I put the middle part of the finished apple down on the table and picked up another fruit. It was an orange this time.

"I'm so glad. Karmeut is my mate."

He looked at me puzzled. I felt the gaze and touched the peel of the orange.

"I didn't know what shape I will be in when I give birth to or what kind of child I would give birth to. So I was scared."
"Rainelle..."
"But I was able to endure it because Camut was by my side. It’s our child."

Karmeut closed his mouth with an indescribable look on his face. The corners of his mouth were quivering.

"I wasn't afraid because it was our child. I was able to give birth safely because you were by my side. It will still take time for my child to see the light of day... but it will be okay, ---"

The words “because it is our child,” were swallowed by Karmeut's lips.

I felt his body tremble slightly. I reached out my arms to him, hugged him all the way to his back, and gently kissed him.

That's why I couldn't help but feel safe. There is someone who says with all his existence that he is worried about me, how can I not lean on him?

Because you love me, I’m able to gather courage.

Even if it was an unknown experience, Karmeut was supporting me by my side.

***

 

Previous chapter | Novel page | Next chapter

Help us keep our spirit up and get us closer to buying a pc/laptop by buying us Coffee (人ゝω・)

You can visit too to check out some cute and cool phone wallpapers!

 

 

 

 

Support Me