2-3 Part 2
The Strange Book Says to Complete Jobs at the
Adventurer's Guild
- Hotaru-san -
“Mmm...
It burned up, huh? I was hoping to try eating it once... Oh well! I got another
harvest.”
“My
name is Shinza. You'd better stop trying to eat it.”
The
'harvest' she referred to seemed to be me. Since she offered a handshake, I
responded to it; her hand was surprisingly soft for a warrior's fingertips, yet
moist with sweat.
“Why?
It looked delicious.”
“As
if. They are creatures of the Abyss; if you eat one, you won't get off
lightly. I read in a book that they are contaminated.”
“But
there might be edible parts. You don't know until you try eating any creature,
right Sho-Man?”
“I
told you my name is Shinza, Sigrun...”
I
didn't have the leeway earlier, but I recognized Sigrun's appearance.
She is of the Horned Species. According to an ancient tome in the
palace, they were a race that once obtained the power to kill gods.
“Well,
isn't it fine, Sho-Man? Ah, more importantly, thanks for saving my
comrades. If they die, my share increases, but the number of people I can team
up with next time decreases.”
“I
didn't do anything big. I am still inexperienced.”
Having
been shown Sigrun's valor, I, who am immature even in spirit, felt
impatient. Another strong person on par with Brother Georg has appeared.
How weak I am; I lamented my desire for more power.
“Man, you are
really no fun to joke around with... That was the part where you were supposed
to say, 'You should mourn your comrades' deaths a bit more,' or something. Good
grief.”
“In
that case, we should prioritize treating the wounded. If a second one appears,
we'll be wiped out for sure this time.”
“That's
not bad!”
“No,
it's bad.”
What
an outrageous woman. Ignoring her, I began treating the wounded. Fortunately, I
have Base Herbs. Originally, they are materials for concocting medicine,
but if I recall correctly, the book stated they can also serve as a salve for
wounds.
After
finishing the first aid, we carried the wounded out of the forest. Then we
called for the guild's shared carriage and walked to the town with those who
couldn't move riding in it.
I
thought the job would be finished today, but it looks like I'll be staying here
tonight. My first inn debut.
“By
the way, Sho-Man.”
“What
is it, War Maiden?”
“Well,
you know... thanks. You saved us.”
“I
already heard that. You don't have to say it so many times.”
Thankfully,
she decided to cover the lodging costs. Sigrun suddenly started acting
shy, so I wondered what it was about, but it was just a belated thank you.
However,
to digress, despite her agile movements—when looked at calmly, this woman has
quite a large chest.
“Eeii!
What a completely boring man! Listen up, I'll remember this! I will definitely
repay this debt someday!”
“You...
Stop hiding your embarrassment with something that sounds like a grudge;
covering today's lodging is enough.”
Wanting
to eat an Abyss Hound, not grieving deeply even when comrades are dead
or injured like this, and yet acting like this... what a weird woman...
“I-I
am not embarrassed! Mmm-mmm... You dense guy! Then take this!”
Was
being too selfless and stoic a mistake? Sigrun, a master, caught me off
guard. She pressed her lips, so luscious they didn't seem to belong to a
warrior, against the cheek of the cursed Seventh Son of the Emperor.
“Fuu~~♪”
“Ugh...!”
Furthermore,
perhaps out of mischief, she blew a thin breath into my ear right after... I
don't understand what this woman is thinking...
“Hahaha,
good reaction. Did you feel it?”
“Yeah,
I'm just starting to vaguely realize that getting involved with you might have
been a mistake.”
“How
cold. It seems I have taken a liking to you. How should I put it? It's good
that you possess valor yet do not drown in power. With sword strokes free of
hesitation and arrogance, you are quite beautiful, Shinza.”
Knowing
it's embarrassing, I state my true feelings. It's pathetic, but I tasted the
feeling of having my heart seized with a thump. I am an abomination, born with
ugly eyes and an ugly arm.
Therefore,
even knowing it was a metaphor, being called beautiful was a joy accompanied by
shock.
“Anyway,
I will definitely repay you. If you need any help, call me, Sho-Man.”
“Persistent
one, aren't you? Fine, let's end this talk here. More importantly, aren't you
hungry?”
“Oh,
that's right! Thanks part two for saving my comrades! I'll treat you!”
Would
Sigrun remain her true self even if she saw my Dragon Eyes and White
Arm? Feeling as if I would be called ugly, my heart clouded over, and the
cursed abomination decided to laugh it off.
Then
the next day, I finished the herb gathering and returned to the Imperial
Capital.
I
returned to the guild to report and deliver the goods. That receptionist looked
like he wanted to eat the yam from the Great Forest of Ilmia, but this
is essential for getting on Jii's good side. Sorry, but I can't hand it
over.
“Oh...
it started again.”
With
this, I have completed one of the challenges in the Tome of the Evil Dragon.
Therefore, I started glowing again... Naturally, curious eyes focused on me.
“Hey,
hey! Why do you glow, Buddy?”
“Ah,
actually, my ancestor was a firefly.”
“Gyahaha!
Then show us your glowing butt next time!”
“Man~
you really are a weird guy. That's right, wanna have a drink now!?”
It
was a boring joke, but it was a huge hit with the old adventurer men in the
guild. Well, part of it is probably because they're drunk.
“I
appreciate the invite, but sorry. There's someone noisy at home if I return
drunk.”
“Ohh!
I get it! I understand that story, Buddy!”
“Oi,
be a little quieter, you drunks. Besides, if he can do the job, it's fine if he
glows a little. Better than you drunkards.”
The
tough-looking receptionist paid the reward. Five silver coins engraved with the
Emperor's face; Father from his younger days was smiling at me. In
reality, I'm so shunned that he only meets me a few times a year, though.
“Thanks.
I think I'll cause trouble by glowing again, but well, just think of me as an
out-of-season firefly.”
“Oh,
come again, Shinza. I didn't think you'd gather this much in just two
days. Not bad.”
It
was just herb gathering, but I left the guild in an exceedingly good mood. Then
I ducked into a back alley and opened the most annoying book in the world.
— Adventure —
- 【Complete 1 Job at the
Adventurer's Guild】 (Completed)
- Completion Reward: EXP 150 + 50 / Premonition
of an Encounter (For real this time) (Received)
- “Black Horned Species Sigrun,
what an encounter that was.”
— Adventure —
- 【Complete 3 Jobs at the
Adventurer's Guild】
- Completion Reward: EXP 450 / ???
- “Do not refuse requests.”
— Table of Contents —
- 【Name】 Ashley
- 【Lv】 4 → 6
- 【Exp】 315 → 365 → 515
- 【STR】 13 → 17
- 【VIT】 28 → 33
- 【DEX】 22 → 26
- 【AGI】 15 → 17
- “You stamina freak.”
- Note: An attribute value of 10
points is equivalent to an adult male. You are not particularly weak.
I
was concerned about the reward ???. Not in a good way. It's more of an
anxiety like, "It won't get any weirder than this, right Zirant?"
Well, fine. Let's return to the palace. After finishing the re-gathering in the Great Forest of Ilmia and the return journey, the sky that day had completely darkened to red.
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
DavidA
Nepheos
ShitaiNoKootoRyuu
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Matthew Fraser
Xavier O'Donoghue
Alan Sharman
Anton Lim
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
openope
rads
SD Fox
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----