Saturday, July 25, 2026

[WN] Emperor's Seventh Son : 20- 5


20-5

I Just Wanted to Go Home


Translator : PolterGlast


Thus, holding our respective roles, we brothers parted ways, and I descended the labyrinth of stakes together with the adventurers. However, it was different from the labyrinth capture I experienced with Kachua back then. This is an all-out war between the Abyss and Ratatosk City. The adventurers intercepted the army of the Abyss overflowing from the labyrinth, and escorted the trump card that was me to the deepest part of the labyrinth, the source of the outbreak. Striking the source as quickly as possible through a forced breakthrough was the answer to keeping the damage to a minimum.

Go, Shinza!

Below those stairs is the deepest part! Hurry up and stop the labyrinth with that ridiculous power of yours!

For paths that looked like they could be shortcutted, we dug through the walls and proceeded. And so, at a much higher tempo than expected, our breach unit was able to arrive right before the lowest floor. But this place was already like being directly in front of a floodgate. With monsters of the Abyss appearing one after another, it was difficult to break through even for renowned adventurers.

Thanks for taking care of me. If peace comes, I will definitely invite you guys to our Empire. ...So don't die.

Never mind that, just go quickly!!

Running through the opened breakthrough, I stepped into the place closest to the Abyss.

Be careful, Father. That guy is beyond the door...

You were quite quiet. You could have helped me along the way, you know.

Wagahai was preserving my power. There's no way they would obediently let us seal the door to the surface. Be careful...

Resting the shovel on my shoulder, the warm-up was long past, but I lightly cracked my shoulders. Calming my breathing, when I touched the giant door, I felt a chill as if caterpillars were crawling all over my skin. There's definitely something there... Moreover, it's an exceptionally big catch.

Making up my mind, I jumped beyond the door, and there was a giant face there.

It seems you have learned the truth, Prince Ashley. No, existence identical to the First Emperor Ausar.

True to his words, it was a giant face. An old man's face possessing tentacles was thrusting only its neck out from the rift between dimensions, looking this way. I must absolutely not let it come to this side. Its existence was something so horrifying and cursed that my intuition warned me so.

You... could you be the White Duke?

Indeed. My name is the Ruler of the Abyss, Venombreed. Pardon me for being in such a form, Prince Ashley.

Father, this is bad... If even that guy resurrects onto the surface, it won't just be a civil war anymore...!

Zirant was intensely shaken, but to me, the White Duke was a pitiful old man, an opponent I didn't want to fight very much. He, who had turned into a horrifying monster of the Abyss, and the sacred him who were once in the heavens, were intermingling right before my eyes.

I'll ask just in case before we fight, but what is your aim?

About that, you don't need to mind us. Together with your brother, now is the time you should strike down the foolish royalty and revive the true A-Zir Empire. Once I pass through here, I will withdraw the army from this land.

Even if you say that looking like that... Isn't this what they call the climax in the books of the other world? If it were a story, this is where the resurrecting demon king is defeated for a happy ending.

I'll ask once more, what is your aim in returning to the surface?

Fufu... you ask that. Prince Ashley, our wish will forever remain unchanged no matter if infinite time passes. The return to the heavens. That itself is our eternal wish...

Let me tell you, Father, stop with the weird sympathy, we absolutely must not let this guy go. In the heavens――a power that can burn away the world slumbers!

Zirant is irritated. At the sight of me hesitating to engage in combat. The White Duke is a gentleman who can be reasoned with, but... this time, no matter how much it's him, he probably won't yield.

Will you use that to burn away the world?

Of course not. We highly evaluate the races that Samael created. We have no intention of destroying them.

Father! Their minds have been contaminated by the Abyss. Do not trust him!

I hesitated even further. Just by standing around like this, danger approaches the guys who let me pass, and I would be allowing his resurrection.

By the way, did you know, Prince. This labyrinth of stakes was originally a regulating device to seal the Abyss.

Whether he wanted to buy time, he suddenly started a tangential conversation.

The victory of the surface races strengthens the seal of the Abyss, and their defeat hastens the release of the seal. It was originally a land of sealing where rituals of such mechanisms were repeated. Therefore, we――

Ashley, defeat him! If you don't want to defeat him, I understand, so close that door!

We changed our method. We let the wealth of the demon realm flow into the labyrinth, manipulating humans to flock to this labyrinth of stakes. As a result, it took a long time, but finally, we are to be released from the curse of the Abyss like this.

I cannot call the adventurers fools blinded by the labyrinth's treasures. As long as humans are living creatures, as long as it's a society where wealth turns into sustenance, there was probably no way to prevent it.

Specifically, how many years did that take?

In human senses, about a thousand years.

That is, once again, a terrifyingly steady plan...

Eei, if it comes to this, Wagahai will fight alone, Father!

Along with light, Zirant took the form of a giant dragon and blew a breath of ice toward the White Duke who was only a neck. But the old man who was only a neck didn't freeze. Even while shedding grotesque black blood from the blades of ice, he extended a tremendous number of tentacles toward Zirant. I knew from the start that the negotiations would break down. I decided to fight the old man who had let me return alive from the Abyss.

Zirant, take your distance, I will stand in front!

If so, Wagahai shall lend my power to Father. Now that Father has become the master of the underground empire, this level is no trouble.

Wondering what she would do for me, it was the power of ice that had once defeated the Abyss Ant. Sweeping the shovel imbued with the power of ice, the cursed tentacles froze and shattered. The White Duke groaned. Even while raising a voice of agony from his giant mouth, he tried to defeat me with the single-minded desire to return to the heavens.

Father, did I not say not to sympathize!

You're right... As for me personally, I'd rather root for you, but―― I'm still uneasy about handing over a power that can destroy the world to you guys. I can't let you go.

We fought him. Smashing numerous tentacles, smashing the bones thrusting out like spears from his shoulders, and the flapping of Zirant's wings neutralized his poison breath. That figure is no longer a god but a monster. Zirant's words might have been correct. We cannot let such a monster go to the heavens.

Samael... Samael... Please let me pass there, let me go to that land once more, once more...

Do not lend him an ear, Father! Father is Ashley, the Emperor of the A-Zir underground empire, are you not!

The White Duke's words were gentle, calm, and mixed with the sound of an entreaty. But the offense and defense were extremely fierce. The noble old man I held goodwill toward, and the one that turned into a monster of the Abyss, these two things were intermingled.

No, Father! Do not listen any further!

What is... this? Little by little, a strange memory surfaced within me. In a warm world overflowing with light and greenery, I, possessing wings, was flying around the sky. The me of that time was the exact opposite of the detested Ashley, and was loved by the people living in that shining world. That is the memory of the foolish angel Samael. Samael was created to be loved by the gods, merely being doted upon, living a peaceful life every day. But the dragon Zirant, who crosses dimensions, drifted there, and out of excessive fear, the gods tried to kill Zirant. That itself was the beginning of the tragedy in the heavens. The angel, who was not given proper intelligence, merely to protect a friend named Zirant, ended up betraying his masters as a result.

Samael, oh Samael... I beg of you, take me to the heavens... to the heavens once more... Samael...

...Sorry, you've got the wrong person. I am Ashley, Ashley Gnos Urgos. The son of the A-Zir Emperor.

The nostalgic and happy daydream blew away at the point where Samael robbed the heavenly hidden treasure from his masters and banished them to the Abyss. Things like this are dreams or delusions. Completely warding off the fierce attack, I pierced the White Duke's face with my ancestor's black shovel.

Samael... my, Samael...

I don't hate you. But forgive me, our interests don't align at all...

Beyond the tip of the blade, I feel a strong clump of something. Perhaps if I pierce that, I might be able to destroy this existence.

That is this guy's true body, destroy it, Father!

When told that, it makes me want to defy it... I pulled back the pierced shovel and faced the pitiful ruin.

...Do you really just want to return to the heavens?

Then, what do you know, the White Duke who had turned into a monster returned to the old man in the wheelchair I met that day.

I want to return... If you say you cannot trust me, you can accompany me, I don't mind. Returning to the heavens... that itself is everything to us.

Father, Father must return to the Imperial Capital and end the civil war. Father returning even a moment sooner will result in saving many lives. Do not hesitate, pierce that guy, Father!

Then let me go. Never again will we commit a mistake. ...The one who chooses the conclusion is you.

...Then, as Samael's descendant, I will say it in his stead. That betrayal was a mistake. Surely Samael must have regretted it deeply as well. But, I still can't let you go, forgive me.

I pierced the god who once reigned in the heavens, and brought it to an end. He wasn't surprised in the least. It was as if he knew it would turn out like this from the very beginning.

You made a good, decision... Ahh... How, vexing. With just one more step, I could return, to that land, once again...

The hand he raised to the heavens crumbled into ash and fell, disappearing from the world without being able to leave his words to the end. He had not been telling any lies. Closing the gate to the Abyss, I turned back to Zirant, who had returned to the figure of a young girl before I knew it. Looking at her, who possesses the same dragon's eyes as me, my spirits returned little by little.

Let's return to the Imperial Capital. To the real Imperial Capital.

She didn't say anything. Partly because I was sympathetic to the White Duke, she seemed to be inquiring into my state of mind.

Don't make me worry too much... You are not Samael, just a gluttonous prince, Ashley.

Yeah, I know. If we don't hurry back, the Imperial Capital will be swallowed by the fires of war and I won't be able to eat the auntie's kebab sandwich anymore.

Umu, that is a serious matter. Let us hurry and return, Father. Once it becomes peaceful, it will be just us parent and child.

I want to go back to our old dynamic, though...

I once again turned my eyes to the place where that pitiful old man disappeared, and exited the labyrinth where the forces of the Abyss had vanished.

……………………

I had completely thought that at this point, by defeating the ringleader, the incidents related to the Abyss would draw to a close, but that was actually not the case. The White Knight had robbed 108 Cherubim Armors and disappeared from the battlefield. Even after losing their leader, they had not given up on returning to the heavens.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me