End 2/3
Emperor Ashley Gnos Urgos
Translator : PolterGlast
「Someone
I respect...? Of course, it's Ashley-sama and His Majesty Georg!
After all, if I hadn't met those two, I would have...」
The boy Baldur,
who admired knights, regained his health and entered the military academy upon Georg-sama's
recommendation. I sincerely hope he graduates even one day sooner to come help
us. Seriously... I'm sure this is the kind of feeling one has when they have a
child. I care for him from the bottom of my heart, but at the same time, I want
him to grow up even one day sooner and make things easier for us.
「Um...
when will Ashley-sama return...?」
「Who
knows? Plea has noooo ideaaa♪」
The horned races,
along with that Plea-san who possesses a unique character unbecoming of
a horned race, migrated to the underground empire that had regained its light.
「But,
if we don't get his signature on these documents today and deliver them to the
palace in Bergelmir immediately...」
「'Kay,
'kay. Then here is Plea-chan's great invention! A stamp of Ashley-sama's
handwritten signature... Pon... and problem solved.」
「...Eh,
eeh, is it, is it really okay to use this?」
「Okay
or not, he's not here so it can't be helped, right? Ah, I know, how about a
body double robot Ashley-sama?」
「No,
wouldn't that also be bad...!?」
「But
we'll be in trouble without him. We'll put together the blueprints, so gather
some people, 'kay~♪」
「This
signature is one thing, but Gideon-san is going to go mad, you know!?」
I hear they are
investing unsparing technology to restore the former brilliance of that land
known to Zirant-sama. In this world where power is concentrated in the A-Zir
Empire, it might strike a better balance to have somewhat outrageous technology
in that land.
「Hiee,
a d-d-d-dragon?!」
「Sorry
for startling you. But I am not a dragon, I am a dragonoid. I've been entrusted
with the farmland of the underground empire.」
The dragonoid Azato
couple and their children also migrated to the underground empire.
「A-A-An
angel-samaaa?!! Hieee, even a flock of lizards appeared!?」
「L-lizards,
no... We, Lizardmen...」
「I am
the wife of the dragonoid Azato. These children are our precious children.
We look forward to getting along, neighbor.」
Given that
appearance, naturally, anyone who doesn't know them gets surprised, but thanks
to their pure hearts and tough bodies, it seems they are getting along well.
The sight of the beautiful wife flapping her wings and dancing in the sky has
apparently become a seasonal charm of the area. By the way, Ashley-sama
complained to me that he recommended Azato for Prime Minister but was
turned down. I didn't feel the slightest inclination to sympathize. I retorted,
telling him not to be the one to say that.
「Even
so, the weather is nice... Should we all go bathing in the water later?」
「I
agree. Let's do that, dear.」
Having lived for an
endless time, they finally fulfilled their dream of living in a utopia once
again, and are living happily day by day. They have continued to protect the
hidden treasure of the A-Zir underground empire in the farthest reaches.
It would be too cruel to impose any more heavy responsibilities on them.
And――Princess Atomina-sama
has reconciled with her husband, Jakelezas-sama. With Georg-sama
becoming Emperor, the abolition of the Manor Expansion Act was decided, and
there was no longer any reason for the two to be in conflict.
「Good
work, dear, Durin-chan♪」
「Atomina-sama!
Somehow Durin feels so humbled she might shrink, deshu...」
「I am
helping because I want to. Thanks to your techniques, the reconstruction of the
territory is progressing.」
Now, along with Durin-chan,
it seems she has returned to her husband's territory and is helping with its
governance.
「That's
right. Durin-chan is our family, so you mustn't hold back, okay?」
「Yes,
having Durin here makes every day enjoyable. Thank you, thanks to you
two... I was able to get Atomina back... However, I never got to thank Ashley-sama.」
「Ashley-sama
is that kind of person, deshu. He is an admirable person... but it's
difficult for us to go see him, deshu...」
「Geez,
really! Ashley is always going here and there! I wonder if that
underground empire is alright...」
In complete contrast
to their previously strained relationship, it seems they are now a harmonious
couple. But... from the perspective of myself, Ashley-sama, and Georg-sama,
we can't deny the feeling that she has finally been taken back. We would be
happy if she quarreled with her husband again and came over to us, though...
◇ ◆ ◇
「Ashley-kun
really is a handful, isn't he...」
「I
came, but he wasn't here after all, wan...」
The Duke's daughter
of Fimbul, Ymir, serves as the negotiator with the outside world
in the A-Zir underground empire. Partly because the Fimbul
territory itself is located above the underground empire, the economy has been
good lately, and it seems the population is steadily increasing. I hear that
occasionally, the sight of Ymir-sama chasing after Ashley-sama's
back and complaining to him can be seen there. I also understand the feeling of
wanting to complain to Ashley-sama very well. He is an undeniable hero,
but he is not the type of person to handle political affairs...
「Yashu-san,
if you'd like, want to drop by my place?」
「Would
it be a bother, wan?」
Also, that adorable
white wolf beastman, Yashu-san, has apparently become the ambassador for
the Kaha Kingdom's embassy in the A-Zir underground empire.
「Of
course not. Ah, right, in that case――ah, here she comes.」
「Eh,
what are we talking about? Ah, Yashu! You're here!」
The sharpshooter
with hundred-percent accuracy, Kachua, chased after Ashley-sama and moved to that
underground empire. She holds the title of being a royal guard directly under Ashley-sama,
but she is still often left behind during his wanderings. It seems they are
also short on personnel over there, so they can't spare people to guard Ashley-sama.
「Haa...
It's admirable that he saved the Empire, but Ashley is still Ashley,
huh...」
「Yes,
truly...」
「Kuuun...
Parts of him like that make it hard to report to the King, wan...」
When will we be
freed from this busyness and manpower shortage? Perhaps that is a shared worry
among the citizens of the Empire...
◇ ◆ ◇
「Helloooo!!」
Sigrun. It's
suddenly hard to believe, but I heard a rumor that she got a job at Carral-sama's
Hezu Trading Company. It seems she took a liking to ship adventures, and
apparently she always boards dangerous voyages...
「Eh,
you getting a job? No way, at our place!? Seriously!?」
「A
contract employee is fine too! Take me with you, I request the most dangerous
voyage possible!」
I think putting such
a troublemaker on a ship is far more dangerous, though... With the Demon Nobles
gone from the Abyss, almost no treasure can be obtained from the
labyrinth of stakes anymore, and it seems the adventurer industry is in a
slump.
「Stop
her, Boss!」
「No
good, this woman is no good!」
「If we
sail with this one, we'll sink!!」
「Hey, Carral!
These guys are being rude!? Don't you want this Sigrun's martial
prowess!?」
「...It
can't be helped, I guess. Then, you're on a probationary period for a while. If
you mess something up, you're fired. ...Is this okay?」
「Are
you sane, Boss!?」
「Sane
or not, you guys, stop calling me 'Boss', I told you to call me 'Admiral Carral'!」
「Wahaha,
I'll be in your care from now on, Carral! Let us go, to the world of
bloodshed and adventure!」
「No,
listen here, Sigrun... We aren't pirates or anything, okay...?」
And Carral.
She continues to be a woman of the sea as always. Partly due to their
achievements this time, the Hezu Trading Company became merchants patronized by
the Empire, obtained tax exemption privileges, and began to handle large-scale
jobs from the state. As a result, it seems they are still achieving rapid
growth even now.
◆ ◇ ◆
Well, that is a very
joyous thing as a friend, but... It was troubling that a sailor closely
resembling Ashley-sama was frequently spotted on that deck... As I said
earlier, Ashley-sama is not the kind of person to handle political
affairs... Thanks to that extraordinary ship speed and his own strong legs, it
seems he returns quickly, but it doesn't change the fact that he is the other
Emperor... That's right. Ashley-sama did not inherit the surface A-Zir
Empire, but instead revived the underground A-Zir Empire. I don't really
understand, but he also said that due to a certain hidden treasure he received
from the heavens, he couldn't possibly become the Emperor of the surface. He
might have also mentioned that while it was nice to receive it, he doesn't quite
know how to use it.
Even now, somewhere
in the world, the party of Sigrun-sama and Carral-sama, Prince Ashley
and Zirant-sama, must be doing whatever they please on their travels,
secretly defeating evil and sometimes snatching away treasure. Even though Georg-sama
begged me, I want to throw away a role like this and go to the side of Durin-chan,
Atomina-sama, and Ashley-sama right now... That dream was a dream
that wouldn't come true for the next three... no, ten years...
Good grief, where and what is he doing now... The Emperor of the underground world and the demi-human races, Ashley Gnos Urgos, was now a wandering emperor who made civil officials all over the world sigh...
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Xavier O'Donoghue
Anton Lim
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Sébastien Dionne
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----
