26
At the word 『Okaa-sama』, Candice's heart ached with a dull throbbing.
Luca was often
together with his mother.
Luca's mother,
Maria, had even gently called out to Candice before.
She was exactly Candice's ideal mother.
Not wanting to see that, Candice avoided Luca,
and just by Luca appearing in front of Candice, she would kick
him to the curb saying, 「Your gloominess is contagious. Go away.」
However, strangely enough, she could now realize that Luca
was saying so out of kindness.
When she cast a fleeting glance backward, Luca had
his cheeks faintly dyed, perhaps happy that he was able to state his opinion to
Candice.
Thinking about it anew, they are different from the ones in Candice's
memories.
She understood that the young Luca was still trying
to get along and get closer to people.
However, if asked whether she would avoid Arthur as Luca
said, Candice's answer was no.
「However, I will continue to spend my
time together with Arthur from here on out.」
「Eh……?」
Luca's tone of
voice instantly darkened.
Candice continued
her words with her back turned.
「B-But…… Okaa-sama said!」
「I am with him because I want to be
together with Arthur.」
「Because you want to be, together……?」
「Yes. Besides, right now we are
having meals together, and I am teaching him manners!」
「……!」
In front of the surprised Luca, Candice let
out a boastful snort.
Because Candice was just in the mood to lean back and
boast to someone that Arthur had acquired manners.
(Arthur was reborn by my hands!)
In the silence that flowed once again, Candice opened
her mouth, thinking she had to go to Arthur's side soon.
Normally, this would be where she deliberately bumped into Luca's
shoulder and left, but Candice had already stopped doing childish
things.
She pinched the hem of her dress and gave a polite greeting.
「I was happy to be able to talk with Luca-oniisama.
I shall excuse myself here.」
When Candice turned her back around and floated a
smile, she could tell that Luca's shoulders trembled.
Since Luca didn't speak to her any further, she
headed to Arthur's side at a quick pace.
The other day, Candice had gifted Arthur
clothes for the first time.
It was for the simple reason that she couldn't forgive Arthur
being next to her while always wearing the same tattered clothes.
(I can't stand it if he's dressed
disgracefully while being together with me!)
Today, she had handed the clothes to Arthur, telling Jeanne,
「Have him
wear this here.」
Arthur, wearing
the clothes Candice bought, was waiting together with Jeanne
while fidgeting.
「Arthur, sorry to keep you waiting.」
「Candice-oneesama……!」
「I-It suits you quite well, doesn't
it!」
The expression of Arthur, who had looked anxious,
brightened up instantly upon seeing Candice's smile.
Wearing an elegant white shirt and navy blue pants, he
looked like a proper Imperial Prince in his own right.
Candice was
highly satisfied with the elegant clothing that drew out his angel-like
appearance to the maximum.
(That's right, I shall buy him
different ones too! What color would be good next, I wonder. It's only because
it would be disgraceful if he wore only this one outfit every time, so it can't
be helped! Yes, it can't be helped!)
She asked the merchant who regularly came to Candice
to bring clothes that Arthur could wear from next time onward.
Up until now, every time the merchant brought dresses and
jewels, Candice would purchase anything in large quantities if it caught
her fancy even a little, without caring about the price.
Because of that, the White Palace was overflowing
with gaudy things whose purpose was unclear.
If anyone dared to say anything about it, they were
instantly fired.
「Isn't there anything better? You
really don't understand, do you!」
「Bring things that I will
like! If you do, I will buy them all.」
She had always ordered the merchants around from a
condescending perspective.
However, from the merchants' perspective, Candice
must have been a good mark.
This time, the ones who stopped such a Candice were the maids, Eva and Rose.
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Xavier O'Donoghue
Anton Lim
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Sébastien Dionne
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----
