Sunday, August 23, 2026

[WN] Jitsuwa 3-Domedatta : Chapter 431


Chapter 431

(Kyle Calendar Year 515: Age 22)

A New Sworn Allied Nation


Translator : PolterGlast


Having confirmed that General Golpa, who suffered battle wounds, had also escaped death and begun heading towards recovery thanks to the successful treatment by Marianne and the Holy Mages, we entrusted about five thousand soldiers to the Commander to govern the entire Vile Kingdom area, deal with defeated remnants, and handle support for the Cain Kingdom side, while I led the remaining five thousand cavalry and headed for the Lute Kingdom the day after the battle. After all... there were over seven thousand prisoners just from the final battle, and if we include the time we recaptured the Royal Capital of the Vile Kingdom, there were nearly eight thousand prisoners, so General Golpa's unit alone couldn't handle it all. In that sense, it's the same for the Cain Kingdom, which holds a number of prisoners close to the number of stationed soldiers, but I think the Commander will keep a watchful eye on that. And we returned in triumph to the Royal Capital of the Lute Kingdom exactly six days after we set out aiming to liberate the Vile Kingdom. It was merely six days, but the situation had greatly changed when we returned. Along with being welcomed by loud cheers from the people of the Lute Kingdom lined up along the highway, the former prisoners starting with the new King, as well as Gord and the others from the Demon Territory Knights left behind as a detached force, were waiting in front of the city gates of the Royal Capital.

Archduke-heika, I express my heartfelt gratitude for the subjugation of the three countries. All of us respectfully congratulate you on your great battle results and your safe return.

「「「「Welcome back.」」」」

......

I mean, you know... I'm not your lord either. Gord can't be helped, but the new King himself greeting me kneeling on one knee... I think that's a bit too much.

I'm glad everyone is safe too. By the way, did the subjugation within the Lute Kingdom end safely?

Yes, with the assistance of General Gord, we repelled all the Orthodox Theocracy Army that invaded from three locations, built bridgeheads beyond the national borders, and secured the safety of the territory. Regarding that, there is something I would like to report and consult with you about...

Hm? What's wrong. King Crajyu, who became the new King, looks like he's having a hard time saying something...

I will explain the circumstances, but I believe you must be tired, so first guiding you to the Royal Palace should be the top priority.

Guided by Gord who said so, on the way moving to the Royal Palace, I received several explanations from him.

·         That they succeeded in rallying the five thousand troops scattered within the Lute Kingdom, and now ten thousand soldiers have gathered under the new King.

·         That they completely swept the enemy armies that invaded from the three national borders, and public order within the country is also recovering.

·         In the process of pursuing the invading enemy armies, they occupied one of the four southern counties of the Istoria Orthodox Theocracy.

I see. Does that mean the Orthodox Theocracy, having exhausted its domestic soldiers, is already practically a dead body?

Yes, so there is something we would like to consult with Archduke-heika about anew.

What is it? It doesn't seem like a bad story, but... My doubts were cleared up shortly after at a reporting venue set up in a conference room of the Royal Palace. A large map was spread out before me, and on it, the territories of the three countries, the Istoria Imperial Kingdom, and the Orthodox Theocracy were inscribed.



Currently, in the process of the pursuit battle, we have suppressed the four southern counties—a part of the Orthodox Theocracy territory—deployed soldiers in the easternmost county, and are proceeding to build a base to prevent a reinvasion.

Yeah, I think that's good? This county that bites deeply into the Lute Kingdom side, looking ahead to the future, if it's advantageous for defense, it wouldn't hurt to annex it, I think. A country that invades another country should expect to be invaded itself; that's what I think, you see.

Ha, thank you very much. And regarding what comes next, it is something I had discussed privately with General Golpa prior to the troop dispatch, but it concerns post-war reparations.

Hm? What does that mean. What kind of talk were the two of them having?

We four countries, who invaded Empire Territory, were defeated, and surrendered to the Demon Territory Dukedom, reached the conclusion that, equally as part of post-war reparations, we should cede a portion of our territory, pay reparations, and offer a price in exchange for requesting the return of prisoners.

No... that can be discussed eventually, right?

Certainly, when I temporarily released them, I said I would impose responsibilities such as the cession of territory and reparations on the new King, but that was strictly an expedient to prompt their resolve...

Therefore, we three countries believe we should cede the territory bordering Empire Territory to the Demon Territory Dukedom, and make the Empire side starting from this former Royal Capital the new national border line. Similarly, we are also considering having the Orthodox Theocracy cede the southernmost county including Tria among the four southern counties.

Yeah, I understand the story, but. We can't just arbitrarily make another country's territory a ceded land, can we?

And from here is the consultation, but actually, at the current point, all four southern counties of the Orthodox Theocracy have become blank spaces.

Heh?

At the point we occupied the eastern county, the leadership of the Orthodox Theocracy abandoned Tria and fled into Isra, the Royal Capital they recently took from the Istoria Imperial Kingdom.

I see... Did they anticipate that they lacked the surplus strength to support it? To begin with, the military force that set out as an expeditionary force was twenty thousand, and even though it slightly reduced its numbers, it went from battle to battle exactly as is, and there were four thousand reinforcements from the home country besides the Holy Knights; in other words, they had sent out twenty-four thousand soldiers. In addition to this, they invaded with units totaling six thousand from three directions, but all of these were also defeated. As a result, if as many as thirty thousand (plus the seven thousand Holy Knights) soldiers had left the country (were lost), it's only natural that they would feel anxious about defense and flee. If it's Isra, it doesn't even share a national border with the Lute Kingdom, after all.

Then what does the new King intend to do with the four counties that have become blank?

If we can obtain your imperial sanction, we would like to present all four southern counties, including the one county of Tria, to the Demon Territory Dukedom as new territory.

!!!

I mean, you know, just the four southern counties alone, in terms of area, are almost equivalent to the Lute Kingdom or the other two countries, a vast area approaching the area of the Demon Territory Dukedom, you know? Certainly, looking on the map, the four southern counties spread out right beside the Demon Territory Dukedom, but a Demon Territory or untraversable great mountain range stretches along the national border, you see. Practically speaking, it would become an exclave that greatly bypasses Empire Territory. Even if I hypothetically accepted, this size, the inconvenience of traveling back and forth, and the fragility in terms of defense are a bit of a problem.

Excuse me, but may I be allowed to state my opinion?

Seeing me lost in thought, Gord unusually raised his hand on his own. Does he have some good idea?

Ah, I don't mind. Speak without reserve.

Thank you. From here on will be an extremely impudent proposal; I ask for both Heikas' forgiveness in advance. We too can understand Crajyu-heika's feelings. However, these four counties are far from our home country and have difficulties in defense. Therefore, it is a truly selfish proposal, but...

Gord's proposal, to summarize, had the following three points.

·         Without simply overlooking the opportunity where the enemy has withdrawn their soldiers, to swiftly occupy the four southern counties.

·         Following King Crajyu's proposal, to receive the southernmost county as a ceded land of the Demon Territory Dukedom.

·         To annex the remaining three counties as new territory governed by King Crajyu.

I believe there is reason for both sides in this. When Crajyu-heika unites the country as the new King, he will need an achievement to convince the citizens. Especially in keeping the Vile Kingdom and the Cain Kingdom in check, appropriate souvenirs and track records will be necessary.

That is certainly true... no matter how much he recaptured the national territory, if he has to bear the war responsibilities from prior to that and is left with the cession of territory and payment of reparations, it is a path of thorns. There will likely be nobles and influential figures who are not convinced by the new King's accession or annexation. But... what if, while ceding land as post-war reparations, he obtained substitute new territory? The story changes greatly.

As an advantage for our Archduke-heika, hypothetically if that happens, the southern county would have Empire Territory on one side, and Crajyu-heika's new territory on the remaining three sides, and would be surrounded by trustworthy sworn allied nations. If that happens, there will be no need to constantly border an enemy nation and lay a combat-ready posture. Moreover, we harbor many compatriots of the people of the lands we govern.

That is certainly true. If it's a land surrounded by sworn allies, even if it's an exclave, the burden is small. This is a plausible story on its own.

Above all, basically our country has no territorial ambitions and rejects invasion, but it will be necessary to resolutely show various countries the point that if we are done in, we will do it back. I believe this is the most crucial point...

Right... an exclusively defensive posture is ideal, but in this world it ends up being an idealistic theory. The Empire side also said they would demand the cession of territory from the two southern countries (Sura and Turncoat), and there is a possibility that the same will apply to the various northern countries. The Empire's intentions are also unclear, and for the time being, wouldn't it cause less confusion later on if I settle it in the form of temporarily keeping it in custody? If the Empire desires it, we can cede it to the Empire side; even before that, it can also serve as negotiation material between the new unified nation and the Empire. After running through such thoughts, I made my decision.

Does the new King have any objections?

For us it is an overly convenient story; conversely, I feel apologetic...

This is on the premise of discussing it with the Empire as well and obtaining their understanding, but I think that is fine. From here on out, like bamboo shoots after the rain, those who fled to safe places and did nothing will come out and assert their own rights, after all. Your backing is us, so I want the new King to push forward with the unification and reconstruction of the three countries without reserve.

Yes, like the man who was the twelfth successor to the throne of the Cain Kingdom, or the merchants who hoisted him up. Because the nobles of each country who assumed a wait-and-see attitude and had been observing quietly up until now will probably also begin to move.

Thank you very much. I express my heartfelt gratitude to Archduke-heika. I swear I will not forget this favor for the rest of my life.

At this time, King Crajyu kept his head bowed until I called out to him. With tears even faintly welling up in his eyes...

One week after I returned to the Lute Kingdom, an accession ceremony for the new King who annexed the three countries was held in the Royal Capital of the former Vile Kingdom. The country name declared at that time was the Westlights Federation Lute-Vile-Cain Kingdom. The three countries, which had been divided under the bitter decision of the former Great King Divide, became one once again. When I was consulted beforehand and the position as the suzerain state of the Federation was presented, I naturally drew back, but... Considering this as a political story to receive lenient treatment from the Empire as well, I reluctantly consented. Being a suzerain state in form only, emphasizing only that... It goes without saying that prior to this coronation ceremony, while proceeding with discussions on post-war reparations and the like, I also summoned Alicia-denka, who had been organizing the Cain Kingdom, and introduced her to King Crajyu. If these two were united... I had such political speculations as well, but seeing the two of them face-to-face, they didn't seem entirely averse to it. Yes, because within me, there were respective individuals who resembled the two of them. For some reason... I also felt like it would go well. If that happens, at a later date, the bloodline of Great King Divide that was once divided into three will have two of them become one, returning to the ancient bloodline. Harboring such conviction, we, the expeditionary force, set off on our triumphant return journey. Of course, leaving the ten thousand prisoners who followed the army entrusted to the new King as a parting gift... Here the world arranged a new shape, and would begin walking a new path.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me