[WN] Bocchi Dungeon : Chapter 5


Chapter 5

A Loner's Dungeon

 

When I was defeating my umpteenth pill bug, with my good intuition, I realized something. That there was no need to strike it with the hammer over and over again with all my might. Striking the hard outer shell, which likely has the highest defense, is far too inefficient. I need to strike its weak point.

Smack its head~

Hup!

Magic stone, magic stone, money, money

If I step on it with my foot and aim for its head with the hammer, I can easily defeat it without having to beat it to a pulp. Isn't this so easy it makes me wonder what all my previous efforts were for? Even so, what was that about being able to defeat them by stepping on them, seriously. You have to step on them and then hit their head, don't you. I wish she had taught me that properly. But I'm glad I noticed the weak point. Thanks to that, I was saved from having to look at its belly side where all those legs wiggle around.

Found another one

O pill bug, through your death, I gain my sustenance. Your death is noble, you know. And so I collected another miniscule magic stone that felt like it might be transparent. I smoothly repeated the process. A monster that doesn't fight back is a piece of cake. I feel like I've defeated a decent number of them, so have I leveled up yet?

Ah, I did.

When I took out my ID card from my back pocket and looked at it, my level had gone up. So it goes up before you even know it, huh. But finally, huh. How much time has passed since I entered the Dungeon? I should be working pretty hard, though.

 

Memories of the Star Soul

Name: Nagakura Aoi Scarlet

Class: —

Level: 2

Vitality: 6

Spirit: 6

Attack: 6

Defense: 6

Magic: 6

Resistance: 6

Skill: Ultra Hard Mode / Solo Dungeon

Class Skill: —

Blessing: —

 

What's this, my status hasn't gone up much at all.

It looks like they all went up by 1. Am I really just weak? Is this how it normally is? Ah, there's a new skill.

Let's see... Solo Dungeon...?

The moment I became conscious of it, the air changed. It was the same sensation as when I stepped foot into the Dungeon. It wasn't just the air. I should have defeated the pill bugs around here, but it looks like they've all revived. On top of that, I feel like the vinyl-like trash that had been dropped on the edge of the path had vanished too. Is it just my imagination?

No, something is weird. It's no good to just leave strange things alone. Let's head back for now.

My level went up, so I guess that's enough for today.

Once my high tension from battle settled down, I suddenly felt an intense hunger. I'm not sleepy, but my stomach is so empty I feel like I'm going to collapse.

Mustering my strength, I climbed up the stairs and returned the hammer I had borrowed to the toolbox. Trudging my way back, it seemed Onee-san was carefreely watching a late-night program. She looks genuinely bored.

Heeey, I'm back.

Oh my... um, Scarlet-chan. It was Aoi-chan, right. You were late.

Right, right, I'm Nagakura Aoi. Say, Onee-san, those pill bugs are super strong, you know! I was surprised.

Eh? Calling things like that strong, that just means Aoi-chan is too weak. But you were able to defeat them, right?

I got the hang of it, and somehow managed. My level went up, too. And you know, I learned a skill.

You learned a skill at Level 2? That's amazing.

Onee-san pointed to the idol on the late-night program playing on the monitor while saying that. What is it?

For example, those girls. Even though they're idols, they also work as Hunters. That sort of thing is popular lately, you see.

Hmm? And what about it?

Those girls debuted when they were Level 3, and now, two years later, they've finally reached Level 7, apparently. But they haven't learned a single additional skill. It means that usually, skills aren't something you can just learn back to back like that. That's how it is generally.

Ooh, so that's how it is. Then I must be lucky.

Onee-san, do you like those kinds of programs?

Just killing time. Night shifts are boring, you know.

Onee-san looked at me while giving a big stretch.

Besides, this kind of information is surprisingly useful. It can be used when consulting with Hunters, too.

Hoh, I see.

It did feel like a concrete example was very helpful as a reference.

Then, could you give me some advice about my skill? It's the one I just learned.

Are you sure? About telling me.

Onee-san turned down the volume of the program and adopted a serious expression.

I should have told you it's important personal information.

It seems she's worrying about me because I'm a little girl ignorant of the ways of the world. Even if it's common sense to keep skills a secret, I really know too little. To think I'd be forced to keenly realize the price of slacking off on my studies at the age of sixteen... completely unexpected.

Anyway, as someone who wants money for the time being, I want to quickly grasp my skill rather than spend time agonizing over it. That being said, I have no intention of revealing everything about myself, and as a compromise, I figured it would be fine if I just kept my initial skill, Ultra Hard Mode, a secret.

I desperately want to know about the newly learned skill, Solo Dungeon, which plunged me into a sensation of complete incomprehension. My consultation partner is an employee of the Dungeon Administration, so surely it's fine to tell her about at least one. Persuading myself with those thoughts, I tried telling her about it.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>