[WN] The Evil Imperial Princess : 69


69

When glared at by Valentin, Maria immediately closed her mouth, albeit looking frustrated.

After fixing her one-piece dress that had been crumpled by being grabbed by Valentin, Candice cleared her throat. Candice had wished so badly to enter his sight and be loved, but perhaps because she now knew that it was absolutely impossible to be loved and that there was no hope, she was able to interact with him just like anyone else.

「Because Maria-sama made a fool of Luca-oniisama's dream and Arthur, I felt frustrated and ended up saying too much.」

「……Dream?」

「Yes. Luca-oniisama said that he wanted to save people. I thought it was wonderful.」

The moment Candice said so, large drops of tears overflowed from Luca's eyes. Valentin directed his gaze to the piled-up books.

「Also, while I was being taken care of at the Violet Palace, Luca-oniisama looked after Arthur and Jeanne.」

「……!?」

「I am grateful for Luca-oniisama's kindness.」

At those words, Maria's bloodshot eyes widened greatly. Luca was making his shoulders tremble as if frightened.

(O-Oh no…… I've made a slip of the tongue!)

Maria hates Arthur, just like the previous Candice. She was able to realize, albeit too late, that the reason Luca placed someone outside the archives might also have been to keep people away. Candice had forgotten about her own goals and was desperate to think about how Luca could achieve his goal. It might be because she was overlapping herself with Luca, who was chasing an unfulfillable dream.

「Maria-sama hates Arthur! That's why she tried to strike Luca-oniisama when he protected him! I-In other words…… in other words, you see.」

「…………」

「──I want to protect Arthur and Luca-oniisama, so may I take them to the White Palace!?」

She had just thought she had to protect Luca from Maria no matter what, but in the end, she didn't know what she wanted to say anymore, and incomprehensible words flew out. Even though Candice said it while out of breath, the surroundings fell dead silent.

「…………No.」

Not expecting to be denied, Candice stared at Valentin with her mouth hanging wide open. A laughing voice, like a snort saying 「Pfft!」, could be heard from Hugo, who had soundlessly been waiting behind Valentin.

As Candice was trembling uncontrollably in shock, Valentin's gaze turned to Maria.

「Maria, do not approach the Blue Palace for a while.」

「B-But, Luca needs his daily prayers at the church—」

「……Did you not hear my words?」

「hk!?」

At Valentin's words, Maria's shoulders jolted greatly. While trembling violently, she said, 「……, as Your Majesty the Emperor wills,」 and bowed her head deeply.

「Hugo.」

「Certainly.」

Perhaps grasping his intention just by having his name called, Hugo called out to Maria, urging her outside. However, twisting her body to avoid Hugo, Maria said, 「You demon, do not touch me!」, which Candice ended up hearing.

『Your hair color, it's just like a demon's, isn't it!』 『I wonder if that's what happens when you have a bad birth. How filthy.』 『Don't touch me! I can't believe someone like you is by my beautiful Otou-sama's side.』

Overlapping with the figure of Candice saying those things to Hugo and Arthur, her chest ached. In this way, the previous Candice too had discriminated based solely on birth and color as if it were only natural.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>