[WN] Bocchi Dungeon : Chapter 34


Chapter 34

A Repentant Loser

 

While swaying on the train, I reflected deeply on my actions. Thinking I could earn money through gambling was a naive idea that completely underestimated the world.

Just a little while ago, I was in a situation where the Victory Road to obtaining 80 million yen worth of cash was right before my eyes... or so it might have been. That dream-like story vanished as fleetingly as a bubble, but ah, that's right. The world isn't that sweet. I want to curse my idiotic and foolish self who got completely carried away just because I started earning a little bit.

Stupid, stupid, I'm an idiot! If I had just gone home with my winnings from the Cho-Han gamble, it would have been pure profit! No, wait, that's not it. It's because I had the mindset of trying to make an easy profit that I ended up losing in the end.

I am a Dungeon Hunter. Even if I'm a rookie, I am a Dungeon Hunter, which is one of the respectable professions. Like a proper Hunter, let's earn money in the Dungeon. Yes, let's do that.

Alright, time to turn over a new leaf. After a little change of pace, let's devote myself to labor.

Returning to the reassuring Higashi-Nakano, even though it was still a bit early for evening, I filled my stomach with a beef bowl and refreshed myself at the public bathhouse. With this, my preparations are perfect. I'm going to work like crazy.

「Hellooo!」

As usual, it's the deserted Higashi-Nakano Dungeon Administration. There's no one here but the staff. Peaceful again today.

「Hello, Nagakura-san.」

「'Sup, ossan. I'm gonna go energetically earn money again today! Here, my ID.」

「I am Kikukawa, but yes, I will take it... Here, I am returning it. However, you are even more energetic today.」

「The shallow me is no more. I'm going to work hard and seriously.」

「Is that so? Please be careful.」

「Okey-dokey.」

Today, I'm going to get super fired up with a bam and work incredibly hard. I will sweat and earn through my own labor!

Plunging into my exclusive 『Solo Dungeon』 from the transfer circle to the Fifth Floor, I immediately scattered my clothes and it was time to change into my battle attire. It's a pain, so I wish I could change in an instant like in an anime. Good grief. Can't some skill do something about this?

Equipping my magic academy uniform look, long boots, necklace, bracelet, and rings, I finally gripped my reliable hammer. As long as I have this, I can beat monsters to death as an invincible warrior. Since I'm defeating a ton of monsters all by my lonesome, surely when I reach Level 10, I'll definitely be able to get an amazing Class.

Something like a Hero? Or a legendary warrior? Ah, could it be that I might become a Holy Maiden or something?

I've heard stories about those amazing Holy Maiden types. I go to the public bathhouse often, and I'm quite fond of cleanliness, you see. Considering that sort of purity, it wouldn't be strange at all if I became a Holy Maiden. Or maybe a Super Holy Maiden?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. My current goal is earning money and reaching Level 10 to acquire a Class! Alright, let's go. Oh, but before that, let's check my current status.

 

■ Memories of the Star Soul

Name: Nagakura Aoi Scarlet

Level: 8 (Experience required for level up: 1,169)

Class: —

Vitality: 13 (+640)

Spirit: 13 (+720)

Attack: 13 (+800)

Defense: 13 (+640)

Magic: 13 (+680)

Resistance: 13 (+600)

Destiny Power: 529

Skill:

·         『Ultra Hard Mode』 (Imposes trials. Increases Dungeon difficulty, increases reward acquisition rate according to difficulty, growth rate changes proportional to difficulty)

·         『Solo Dungeon』 (Allows entry into an exclusive Dungeon)

·         『Martial Soul Resonance』 (Equipment binds with the user and grows according to level)

·         『Poison Attack』 (Inflicts poison damage upon attacking)

·         『Star Thread Spinning』 (Visualizes details of the Star Soul Crest)

·         『Status Ailment Resistance』 (Grants resistance against status ailments)

·         『Rock-hard Armor』 (Summons a Rock-harding shield)

·         『Twinkling Hammer』 (A twinkling hammer performs an additional attack)

Class Skill: —

Blessing:

·         Blessing of Benzaiten (Increases Charm, Artistic Ability, and Financial Fortune. Proof of being acknowledged by Benzaiten for solo subjugating the Five-Headed Dragon)

·         Blessing of the Yakubyogami (Returns calamities and imparts bad causes and bad results. Proof of being acknowledged by the Yakubyogami for solo subjugating the Smallpox Evil God)

 

If I recall, it was that. Even if I defeat monsters on the Fifth Floor, I should only be getting about 3 experience points now. Let's quickly proceed to the next floor.

「Today's goal is going up to Level 9, no, Level 10. And I'm going to earn not just 500,000, but 1 million yen!」

While looking at the map, I ignored the skeleton monsters and stepped onto the Sixth Floor. And then, I was a little surprised by the scenery that was different from before.

「Ah, right. I heard the atmosphere changes starting from the Sixth Floor.」

From a spacious cave-like Dungeon, it suddenly changed into an open mountain. It's a mysterious feeling. I feel like I heard that the mountain Dungeon continuing for a while from here is one of the reasons why the Higashi-Nakano Dungeon is unpopular.

Going up and down a mountain for the purpose of hunting monsters is tough, and it's not like there are kind mountain trails, so if you get lost it's a disaster. Here in the upper layers, the trees are still sparse and the visibility is on the better side, and I can even see the stairs to the next floor far off in the distance. As long as I don't wander off into weird places searching for monsters, and just move within the range where I can see the stairs, it doesn't seem like there will be any problems.

The story goes that this place is hated by Hunters because of the appearing monsters, too. According to the information, it seems a ton of poison snake monsters appear from the Sixth to the Eighth Floor of the Higashi-Nakano Dungeon. If you get poisoned, you need a specific antidote for it, and in the middle of a mountain, it's easy to get ambushed. Of course it wouldn't be popular.

「I'm fine with skipping the poison snake stages, too.」

Looking out at the surroundings while checking the map, is my current location halfway up a large mountain? The stairs to the Seventh Floor are way down to the south. From the Sixth to the Eighth Floor is a continuous poison snake paradise, and from the Ninth Floor onwards, it's nothing but golem-type monsters for a long while. The mountain stage remains the same, but dealing with the hard, highly durable golems is apparently a pain.

In addition to the mountain stages, poison snakes and golems. The reasons why the Higashi-Nakano Dungeon is unpopular are all packed in here.

It doesn't seem bad for me, though. It's easier when there are fewer people, and I have a feeling my super-strong hammer would be especially compatible with golem-type monsters. There doesn't seem to be any info on hidden rooms with treasure here either, so I'm going to aim for the Ninth Floor in one go. If I have some leeway on the Ninth Floor, I'll even put the Tenth Floor, which has a transfer circle, in my sights. The me today is a little different, you see.

「The naive me is no more!」

With renewed spirit, I dashed off with a dada, making a beeline toward the next stage. Uoooh, remembering the gambling just makes me completely infuriated. I want to level up quickly and forget all about the bad things!

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>