[WN] The Evil Imperial Princess : 73


73

(I've already been saved by Otou-sama twice. And I've even received sweets and cakes…… No, that's wrong! That was just because Luca-oniisama and Arthur were there! It's nothing but a coincidence!)

Saying so, she convinced herself.

(I am not loved or anything like that…… I have to think that way.)

Whenever she felt like she was going to get carried away, Candice slapped her cheeks and told herself that it wasn't the case. She shook her head side to side so vigorously it felt like her neck would snap off.

(I won't cause trouble for Otou-sama as much as possible. Until I become a good Imperial Princess and slip out of the Empire……!)

Candice renewed her resolve, nodding with rough breathing out of enthusiasm.

She was somehow tired that day, and ended up sleeping in a little bit the next day. Just as she finished eating breakfast, true to his word, Luca visited the White Palace carrying many books. Seeing Arthur overjoyed that Luca had come, the three of them began studying together, even though she felt a bit frustrated.

Candice was also reviewing her manners and learning about the history of the Empire. The one who completely destroyed those good old imperial customs was Valentin, Candice's father. Despite having a face as beautiful as a sculpture displayed in an art museum and a toned body, he was strong and sharp-minded enough to massacre his own parents and siblings.

However, massacring her siblings was something Candice had done as well. While thinking that parent and child had done similar things, Candice watched Luca teaching letters and a serious Arthur right in front of her.

(To think there was a future where I would spend time with the two of them like this, it's surprising.)

Jeanne watched over Arthur warmly, while Eva and Rose headed off to fetch tea and sweets.

(I can't make any blunders in front of the instructors Otou-sama is preparing for me. Besides, I haven't even been able to write the letter to Okaa-sama yet……)

When Hugo told her that he would send a letter written by Candice along when he sent a letter addressed to Lisa, Candice had been inwardly overjoyed, but although she had placed the paper on the table and held her quill pen, she remained unable to write anything.

(I should have had so many things I wanted to say to Okaa-sama…… why can't I write anything?)

She had tried asking Eva and Rose, 「What kind of things do you two talk about with your mothers?」, but the two of them grew teary-eyed and, for some reason, ended up hugging her. Candice told Hugo, who had come to pick up the letter, that she couldn't write anything, and she was currently in the middle of waiting for a reply from Lisa.

And then, since the incident in the archives, for some reason Candice ended up being repeatedly summoned by Valentin before even three days had passed.

(W-Why is this happening……!?)

The times were scattered, being summoned whenever Valentin felt like it. Sweets and cakes were always prepared. Wasn't he observing her while hiding his face with documents?

(I am being tested to see if I am worth keeping alive!)

Candice's misunderstandings were also getting worse by the day. While she was happy that delicious sweets and cakes were prepared, she couldn't help but feel tense being continuously observed by the completely silent Valentin. Every time, Candice sipped her black tea while holding down a heart that felt like it was going to leap out of her chest.

However, deciding to utilize her past memories to at least scatter some amiability, Candice smiled brightly in a childlike manner. The timing for when he was satisfied and left varied; sometimes it was around ten minutes, and other times it was over an hour. Because there were also times when she was made to wait in the room, she had recently started bringing a book with her.

Although she would try greeting him politely, he was mostly unresponsive, so she spent her time there as she pleased.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>