Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Dragon Chain Ori : Ch 3 Part 4

 Chapter 3 Part 4

 

Translator : PolterGlast

Proofreader : John4891

Tima's POV

 

(Wh-Where did everyone go!!)

 

I'm so nervous that I could die now.

My heart was also screaming, "Help me, help me."

 

(Why! I'm alone with Mars-kun before I know it! Far from Ai and Somia-chan who were next to me! Nozomu-kun and Ena-chan were gone before I knew it too! Why! How come!!)

 

Honestly, I didn’t know what to do!!! My heart was screaming, and in reality, I couldn’t say a single word. I was so nervous that I was overwhelmed.

 

"What happened to Nozomu and others? Before we knew it, they disappeared...Did we get lost?"

"Yea~h, I think so, too..."

 

I managed to answer in quiet voice, but I was so nervous that it ended up with a high-pitched voice.

 

(Wh-What should I talk about!...I've never talked to a boy alone like this...Ai! Save me!)

 

In my heart, I asked for help from my best friend who wasn’t even here. I've never walked around the city alone with a boy like this. Whenever I went out, I was with Ai and Somia-chan. I had been confessed to by a boy, but I never accepted his feelings, and I never went on a date before.

 

"Chi, they got us. The roads are complicated around here, so it's difficult to find them now .......It can’t be helped. If we can't find them after walking for a while, let's go home and wait. Is that okay?"

"Y-Yup. Please........."

 

With that, Mars-kun started walking, and I followed him a few steps behind.

 

“……………………………”

“……………………………”

 

We walked in silence for a while. I honestly didn’t know what to do, so I kept my face down. I looked at the boy walking in front of me as if I was looking inside of him.

 

When I first met him, I was very scared. He was suddenly glaring and intimidating me. My legs were quivering, and my hips felt like they lost all power and couldn’t support my body without Ai at that time.

 

The next time I met him, he was with his sister at Somia-chan's birthday party. I was scared while I was waiting for Nozomu-kun and the others at Ai's mansion, but thenl I saw him quarreling with his sister in front of Ai's mansion.

 

The two had a big fight in front of another person's mansion and were the focus of attention from the people around them. What's more, even though they had been fighting for a while, as soon as they noticed the crowd around them, they put it aside, and the two, brother and sister, asked Nozomu-kun "Why didn't you stop us?"

When I saw such a scene, I naturally loosened up, and I started giggling without even noticing it. 

 

And that incident happened.

In order to help Somia-chan whose soul was about to be pulled out due to a past contract, I caught the contract familiar with my strongest binding magic, but Rugato-san couldn't leave me alone, and I was about to be killed by his magic.

 

It was Mars-kun who helped me at that time.

I never thought he would help me. I was completely stunned,

"...What are you stunned for? You should concentrate on your magic. I'll do something about that old man's magic."

Mars-kun turned his back towards me and confronted Rugato-san.

Although he hadn't tried to hide his frustration from me until now, I clearly felt that we felt the same way.

 

“………..What's wrong?”

"U-Uh! It's nothing!"

"……Is that so……" 

 

Maybe it was because he noticed my gaze, Mars-kun stopped, looked back, and spoke to me. I said nothing. I was nervous and awkward. Silence filled the atmosphere between

 

“………… It was my fault at that time ……”

"…………eh……"

"That...I got irritated when I first met you.........I haven't apologized properly yet..."

 

He scratched his cheek and apologized for the first time ever since we met. Perhaps because he was still worried about that, his expression was a little dark and awkward, his gaze was looking down a little.

 

"It's okay! It doesn't matter anymore! Also, at that time, you helped me…………"

 

I was surprised by his strange behavior. It was different from the usual him, who was always full of confidence. I thought he wasn't the same as Ai, but just like her. He had the same confidence in his actions as Ai did.

It seemed that Mars-kun was worried that he didn't apologize to me properly, yet I still hadn’t thanked him yet………….

I always lacked courage and hid behind Ai. Even during the lunch break, I couldn't thank him by myself, and I could only say it when I was accompanied by Ai.

But now, I feel like I could say thanks to him, face to face. My heart was still throbbing, but I dared to raise my face. 

 

 

"I-I haven't said thanks to you properly yet...A-At that time, I didn’t think I’d be able to help Somia-chan if Mars-kun didn't defend me."

"Y-Yeah…………"

 

Mars-kun looked surprised, but I was so nervous that I didn't notice it. His voice turned inside out, and he seemed like a very weird kid, but he just screamed what was in his heart.

 

"Th-That's why...that......... Thank you........."

 

I was finally able to convey my words to him myself.

 

===================================== 

 

Mars' POV

 

Tima raised her face and said to me, "Thank you". After saying those words, Tima's face wasn’t the dark, unconfident, and gloomy expression I’d seen so far. Instead, it was a natural smile that truly conveyed the relief in her heart, and it was completely aimed at me alone.

………………I didn’t know why, but my face felt hot. I couldn’t see her face properly.

 

“………………………”

 

I moved my mouth to say something, but my voice didn’t come out at all. I was almost like a fish on the verge of suffocation.

 

“………………..Mars-kun?”

 

Perhaps because she noticed something was wrong with me, Tima's expression gradually darkened. It'd be bad if I didn't say anything!!!

 

"Y-Y~eah, is that so..............."

(No, it's not that! What's this! It's not a decent reply!! Why at such a time! )

 

While I was thinking inwardly and searching for the next words, Tima, for some reason, now had a deeper smile on her relieved face.

It was the first time. I saw her heartfelt smile.

 

(………………………………………………)

 

This time, even my thoughts stopped. Not only my face but also my chest got hot. At the same time, my whole body felt like it was hit by lightning and I was suffocating. I found out that something was wrong with me, and I turned my back on Tima because I didn't want to be suspected by her. Contrary to my actions, she was still worried about me.

 

"?Is something wrong??"

"...N-No. It's nothing..........It's about time we go now."

"Ah~, Y-Yup ..."

 

I started walking with my back turned to hide my feelings. Tima hurriedly followed me.

Once again, we continued walking silently to each other, but unlike before, Tima was walking side by side next to me instead of following me from behind.

 

*Thank you*

How long had it been since someone else said that to me? Maybe this was the first time.

 

Since I was a kid, I was strong. When I fought, most of the kids of the same age would cry and quarrel back and forth with me. At that time, the adults around me were scolding me, but as I grew up, neither children nor adults confronted me head-on but started to hit my back without my knowledge.

 

Those things made me more aggressive towards others.

I didn't like anything. Those who couldn't say anything by themselves but were sneaky in the shadows, those who looked at my complexion with depression, and those who dared speak back to me, such trash.

 

That's why I kept getting stronger and venting my irritation on my surroundings. I knew it was a nuisance to Ena, Dell, and the others, but I just couldn't recognize their weaknesses, I couldn't admit it.

 

Did I overdo it? Even my merit at Solminati Academy got out of hand. I was dropped into the lowest class, but I still didn't want to admit that weakness.

 

But what was it? At first, Tima was just as irritating as the others, but the "thank you" she just said made my uncontrollable irritation disappear like it was always a lie.

 

It wasn’t only that. What was it …………………. 

 

I stared at the girl walking next to me, looking sideways so that she didn't notice. Her drooping bangs were hiding her face because she was looking down a while ago, but she wasn't looking down anymore. She exposed her true face to the sun.

Her small face and big eyes, her nose-lined contours, and her hair beautifully cut to her shoulders displayed a white nape under her hair.

The thunder-like shock that ran through my entire body had disappeared, but this time, my heartbeat of *badump, badump* hit my ears. I didn’t know why, but it seemed that my heart was beating faster and faster.

 

(What is it? This is ………………)

"B-By the way, do you have siblings?"

 

I continued to have emotions that I didn’t even understand and talked to her as if I had something to say. Anyway, I just wanted to do something to deceive my feelings that I had never felt.

 

"Y-Yup, I have one younger brother ..." 

Tima joined our little conversation. Somehow the appearance of her was also strange. Her face was strangely red, and her movements were more jerky than usual. It looked like a bad golem.

 

"Is-Is that so?"

 

As I thought, my reply was also strange. I couldn’t make a voice, my legs were heavy, my heart didn’t stop beating (no, I'll die if it stops), and everything was wrong.

We walked towards the main street while making strange movements, and during that time, my heart didn't calm down at all. 

 

================================================

 

The main street of the commercial district. It was a direct road from the outer edge of Arcazam to the vicinity of Solminati Academy in the center, and this was the one place where many shops lined up inside the commercial district.

 

When two girls, Somia and Ena, were walking side by side on this main street, many store clerks talked to them. Both Somia and Ena were beautiful girls, but they mainly talked to Ena.

 

"Yaa~ Ena-chan. Are you on holiday today? If you eat this you will be healthier."

"Ena-chan. I have delicious meat, please bring it with you."

"Yahoo~ Ena. I appreciate your efforts in taking care of Mars. I'll give you this, so please continue your hard work!"

 

The people who talked to her gave her various items, so in a blink of an eye, the two small arms were filled with souvenirs.

 

"Woa~~~. It's amazing. To get this much ..."

"Well, Onīchan was always rampaging, I wonder if it was because I helped various stores in stopping him………… ”

 

As with helping, in her case, she also played a big role preventing Mars from rampaging. Ena was relied on by the people of the commercial district as one of the few who could stop her brother, Mars.

 

"But is Mars that violent? I know he’s a moody person, but I think he's a kind person deep inside"

"Well, Somia-chan hasn't seen Onīchan rampage...I've been watching Onichan for a long time, and he picks fights with various people wherever he is. I wonder why he became such a violent person...I hope he doesn’t do anything terrible to Tima-san. "

Ena was worried about Tima because she knew Mars' behavior so far, but Somia wasn't too worried.

 

"But I don't think it's such a terrible thing. You’re just worried about Tima-san after all."

"You're right, but…………"

 

Ena knew that Mars was concerned about Tima, but she still felt uneasy.

 

At that time, a wave of people rushed over with a loud noise. The two hurriedly evacuated to the side of the road.

 

"W-What is it !!"

"Fu, Fue ~~~~~!"

 

The rushing people fled like mice that predicted a large earthquake.

 

"Sorry, please step aside!!"

"Kyaaa!"

"Aah! My store!"

 

The tsunami of people overran the main street, destroying street stalls, goods, livestock and even carrying horses.

When they looked back, there was no one on the main street, and all the open shops and stalls were gone.

 

=========================================== 

 

 

Mars and Tima arrived at the main street while passing through a complicated side road like a spider web in a commercial area.

This was the commercial center of this city, and there were many lively shops and stalls lined up. The crowds made Tima, who had lived in the city for several years, a little overwhelmed.

 

"As I thought, It's amazing..."

"For now, Let's go back to Ushitotei through the main street, hopefully, we'll be able to meet Nozomu and others along the way. Also, Irisdina and the others stand out, if that is the case, we might be able to see them."

 

When Mars took a step forward, he met a clerk at a nearby store.

 

"Ma-Mars.........I-I'm sorry. The store is closed today!!"

 

The clerk who met Mars suddenly said that the store would close and started closing the store. Other stores that heard it also started closing in a hurry one after another.

 

"I'm sorry! I'm out of products today, so we’re closed!"

 

An aunt at a general store started closing the store even though there were still many products on the shelves. 

 

"U, uo, there's a hole in the bottom of this pot! Can you sell such defective products?!!! That's why the store has to be closed! "

 

The blacksmith's father retreated into the back of the store, perhaps because he found a hole that couldn't be seen in a pot with a solid bottom.

 

"It-It hurts! I have a stomachache! It looks like I was selling rotten products...That's why I’ll have to close for a while !!"

 

A butcher who disappeared from the store at a speed that didn’t seem to be that of a sick person, spitting out words that were likely to cast a shadow on future business?

 

The strange behavior wasn’t just limited to the store clerk ………….

 

"Oh! I remembered my errands!! I have to hurry home!!"

"Th-That's right! It was my sister's wedding today! I have to hurry home !!"

"Oh right, it's my date right now!"

"I feel like my grandmother is in critical condition! Need to get back home!!"

 

The customers who were shopping at various stores a while ago suddenly ran away. Tima was watching it all unfold right in front of her eyes. People were disappearing in front of them as if the tide was pulling out. What was different from the tide was that those who were gone wouldn’t come back.

 

Mars walked to one of the stores.

 

"Awawa wa! I-I have to hurry...now!"

Crash!!

 

The shopkeeper was in a hurry, trying to put away the products. Because it took time to close the store and he rushed, he knocked down the products. He hurriedly tried to pick them up, but by that time, Mars was already in front of the shopkeeper.

 

"……Oi"

"A-aa aa! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please don't break the store !!"

"......Listen to my stories... "

 

The shopkeeper was begging loudly to block Mars' words. Mars was completely releasing malicious air from his desperation.

At that time, someone with a nice voice spoke to him

 

"What are you doing? Onīchan"

"Eh? The stores suddenly closed, what happened?"

 

It was Ena and Somia who came. For some reason, they had a glass of sweets and food in their hands. The shopkeeper saw Ena as a savior. It was a big difference from the sad face he used earlier.

 

“………….Onīchan. Did you do something again!?”

"Haa...I didn't do anything.........I was just going to ask if he saw you..."

 

Ena, who alternately looked around Mars and the shopkeeper, thought that Mars had done something, and began to question him. Mars' reaction was pale. He was always aggressive towards her, but today he was strangely quiet and obedient.

Ena stared at Mars, who was too strange, with a suspicious look.

 

(Somehow,  Onīchan looks different from usual)

 

".........What's wrong, Onīchan? You're acting kind of weird, aren't you?"

"Is it so strange that I answer honestly …………"

 

Mars, who was called strange by his younger sister, dropped his shoulders as if he had endured it.

 

"Given what Onīchan had done so far, the actions of everyone in the town are natural. How many stores did Onīchan run over and destroy?"

“………………………….”

 

Mars couldn’t say anything in front of Ena's words.

 

“…………………I have no intention of doing something like that……” 

Mars murmured while somehow grieving. For him, this was where the irritation in his chest disappeared and he became calm. Honestly, he was keenly aware of what he had done and was depressed.

 

".........But, I never thought that Onīchan would be so obedient..."

 

Ena mutters so as not to be heard by the surrounding people. Beyond her gaze was Tima, who looked anxiously, and behind her was Somia who toughened herself and said, "How was that!"

 

"W-What is it?"

"Y-Yup, it's nothing. It's about time for dinner, and I have to help the store..."

 

Mars looked at Ena with a suspicious look, but Ena shook her head and said it was about time. Certainly, the sky was colored red and the wind was getting colder and colder.

 

"That's right...but Nozomu and Irisdina are still"

"A-Ane-sama!!"

"Wait, Wait a minute! Somia-chan !!"

"....Looks like we found them."

 

When Mars looked beyond Somia's waving hand, he saw Nozomu and Irisdina walking from the other side of the main street.

Mars dropped his shoulders in relief, and when he exhaled, he saw Tima, who was smiling at Somia. Mars’ and Tima’s gazes met, and Tima averted her gaze for a moment, but she looked back at him and smiled. Mars naturally smiled back at her.

Somia started running toward her sister. Ena, Mars, and Tima, looked and smiled again at each other and started chasing after them.



Support Me