Tuesday, May 17, 2022

[Teaser] DCO Chapter 7 Part 15

 


 TEASER CHAPTER 7 PART 15




Guided by Mena, Nozomu was led to an extraordinarily luxurious door.

According to the middle-aged maid who guided him, this was one of the guest rooms in the mansion.

Nozomu himself had stayed at the mansion once before, but the door in front of him was larger and more massive than the room he had stayed in that time.

 

"Master, I have brought him here."

 

Mena, who had guided Nozomu up to this point, knocked on the door.

 

"Oh, let him in."

 

In response to the Lord's voice coming from inside the room, Mena reverently opened the door.

As he was ushered through, Nozomu's eyes were met with a spacious room that befits the luxurious door.

However, the furniture in the room was decorated in light colors such as white, giving the impression of simplicity, unrelated to gaudiness or elegance.

What caught Nozomu's eye more than anything else, was the sight of Victor at a table in the corner of the room, making tea.

 

"E-, eh?"

"I'm sorry, Nozomu-kun, but you'll have to wait a little longer. The tea will be ready in a minute."

"Please sit down on this sofa and wait."

 

Nozomu sat down on the sofa provided in the room, as Mena urged him to do so.

Victor didn't seem to be bothered by Nozomu's perplexity and continued to happily make tea. He poured steaming hot water into the teapot. He put more tea leaves into the teapot and poured hot water from a slightly higher position. Victor watched the tea leaves swimming in the teapot with satisfaction.

Eventually, Victor began to pour the warmed tea into the teacups with his accustomed hand.

Nozomu did not know the details of how to make tea, but Victor's movements seemed very refined.

After Victor had finished brewing the tea, Mena appeared from the back of the room with a round tray. The tray was lined with cookies and other confectionaries and smelled sweet and savory.

 

"I'm sorry to call you all the way here. I was hoping to have a chance to talk to you face to face."

"No, no, it's my pleasure. Thank you for inviting me tonight ..."

"As I said before, there is no need for a formal greeting, I am the one who has to entertain you."

 

Victor placed a cup of tea in front of Nozomu and himself, followed by Mena, who placed a plate with tea confectionaries between them.

Nozomu took a sip of the tea as Victor urged him to do so.

The mellow aroma filled his mouth. To be honest, Nozomu felt that the tea tasted better than the tea he had just had at the salon.

 

"Well, it's my secret hobby. I'm proud to say that I'm quite good at it. Unfortunately, Mena doesn't often let me brew her tea ..."

"To brew tea without a maid ... It could affect my master's dignity..."

"But isn't it the fact that my tea tastes better than Mena's?"

 

Victor's words made Mena's eyes go wide, but he watched her with amusement as he held back a laugh.

 

"... Even so, it's still a matter of my master's dignity."

"Such trifles are not necessary this time. Besides, I was especially indebted to Nozomu-kun for the incident with the Waziart Household. As the head of the family, I myself should at least offer him tea, don't you think?"

 

The way he teased others with a good-natured smile was somewhat reminiscent of Irisdina.

The first time Nozomu saw that, he thought, "Well, this is what she meant by mischievousness". Nozomu understood it somehow.

 

"Now then. It's fun to make fun of Mena, but I'm afraid of what's to come, so I'll stop here. I have something else to talk about. It's about the secret agreement between our Francilt Household and the Waziart Household."

 

Nozomu straightened his posture and turned his attention to Victor's words.




Support Me