Monday, December 4, 2023

Can a Mob Highschooler be a Normie: Chapter 39

 

Mob Kousei No Ore Demo Boukensha Ni Nareba Riajuu Ni Naremasuka: Chapter #39

Translators: Nyx and Ririi Rain

 

 

 


Episode 39: Misfortune and fortune are like a rope

 

 

 


"Damn... A real case? It's really not just F-rank dungeons?"

 

 When I realized that this attack was man-made, all I could think about was my conversation with Anna.

 

 If something that could not have happened naturally is happening, then the cause is external.......

 

 When Anna said that and pointed out the possibility of a criminal case, I was actually a little skeptical.

 

 It would be too hard of a hurdle to cheat the surveillance cameras at the dungeon's administration gates and dungeon marts to continue the crime.

 

 If such skills actually existed, I would have thought that there were better ways to make money.

 

 But now that it was actually in front of me, there was no longer any room for doubt.

 

 I don't know how, but this assailant had some way of covering his tracks.

 

 As far as I can see, there was no sign of the master, but the person probably controlled their cards remotely using the Link.

 

 The Link, which can remotely control cards, can also used in this way to attack other adventurers by posing as monsters in the dungeon.

 

 This was the reason why the linking technique was generally kept under wraps.

 

 The link technique was too convenient in the dungeon.

 

 The reason why there was no qualification system was because it was possible to learn it by oneself if one became sufficiently familiar with the card, and so the priority was placed on preventing the spread of the knowledge.......

 

 However, if other adventurers were killed only when a particular person was lurking around, the police or guilds will eventually get involved in the investigation.

 

 And once the investigation was underway, it was a dead end for the criminal. This was because some monsters and magic items can read minds.

 

 Therefore, I was caught off guard ...... since assaults in the dungeon are actually far too few.

 

"......"

 

 My heart began to beat at an uncomfortable pace at the genuine malice that made my skin crawl, something different from the safety of MonColo.

 

 I clenched my faintly trembling fingertips and breathed deeply. It's okay, the enemy has three C-rank cards, one of which is wounded. In contrast, I have one B and one C-rank card, along with four D-rank cards. I have a good chance of winning. If it came down to it, there is also an unused lycanthrope card.

 

Renge, Eliza... I'll use the Synchro first to get rid of the two unscathed ones in one fell swoop. Yuki, Mea, Suzuka, and Dragonet, finish off the injured black lycanthrope. I'm sorry, but I don't have enough room to command that side. I'm sure the abnormal statuses will dissipate sooner or later, so be careful.

 

Roger that!

 

 The stalemated battlefield began to move again as the D-rank cards began their attack.

 

 The first to move was the second white werewolf. The target of the attack was Eliza. Since Renge was airborne, it was probably the only real option for the lycanthrope, who excels in close combat. It attacked with silver claws equipped on both arms. Using that as a cover, the third reddish-brown werewolf disappeared as if melting into the darkness.

 

 Is this another assassin type? .......While holding back the urge to click my tongue, I decided to prioritize dealing with the white werewolf for now.

 

 Eliza's body, which had been injured by the silver weapon, was still still feeling dull pain. Even so, the fact that there seemed to be no hindrance to her fighting in itself was probably a strength of the undead type. However, if I use my will in a bad way, she might be hindered, so I'll keep the synchronization only to release her fighting power.

 

 Vampires and werewolves. The two are quite similar in lore, but while vampires are more magic-oriented, lycanthropes are more melee-oriented.

 

 In terms of physique, the difference was nearly double, and the white werewolf used its superior stature to slam its strong arm from overhead.

 

 The white werewolf's movements were clearly more compact than those of the wild lycanthropes with whom we had fought many times before, and it was obvious that it had [Martial arts] skill.

 

 In this situation, Eliza would be at a disadvantage in terms of size and physical ability, even though she also possessed [Martial arts] skill.

 

 If there was one aspect in which she had an advantage, it would be....

 

"Kh!"

 

 Eliza exhaled shortly, and her palm hand struck the strong arm from the side. The timing of the move was so precise that it was as if she could see the future.

 

 .......Eliza had an advantage in the precision of her movements and her intuition. Her [Precision movement] and [Intuition] skills gave her the ability to move one step faster and more accurately than physically superior opponents.

 

 The werewolf, whose arm was repelled, however, turned to attack again without the slightest flinch.

 

 A wild strike. A high-speed attack that the human eye can no longer follow. The werewolf attacked with its size and physical ability, and the vampire prevented with its precision of movement and intuition. The first of the two to fall was the...... wounded female vampire.

 

 Eliza's body slumped slightly as she blocked the werewolf's blow. Her stance was disrupted by the wound in her side, making it just a little harder for her to hold her ground. The white werewolf did not miss that opportunity.

 

 A flash of silver runs through the air. It was a blow a blow that prioritized speed and certainty over power.

 

 It cut off three fingers of Eliza's left hand and ---- shots of white light pierced through the werewolf's body.

 

 It was a sniping by Renge, who had been aiming at the moment the werewolf attacked, aiming at the gap between Eliza and the werewolf.

 

 The three streaks of bright light pierced the werewolf's right leg, left arm, and right eye, where the werewolf had managed to avoid an attack to the head.

 

 Finally, the scales tipped in our favor.

 

 The moment I thought that, the darkness behind me suddenly expanded.

 

 The third werewolf, which had been hiding, bared its fangs. The enemy was also looking for an opening to take down the prey.

 

 A red-furred werewolf appeared as if melting out of the dark night, swinging its claws as if to tear my body apart.

 

 Although I tried to evade it, humans' movements were too slow compared to monsters.

 

 ——However.

 

I can read you.....!

 

 The strong arms of the werewolf passed over my head as I slipped.

 

 It was too good to be called a coincidence, but of course it was due to the blessings of the lady of luck.

 

 The reddish-brown werewolf, which had missed, had a momentary opening.

 

 Just as Renge was landing her strike,

 

Kyaaaa! ?

 

Gaaaaa…! ?

 

Suzuka!? Dragonet!

 

 Through the Link, I could see the D-rank cards group's situation.

 

 Looking over, I saw Suzuka and Dragonet, both of whom had sustained near-fatal injuries. Suzuka had a large cut across her chest, and Dragonet had one of its wings torn off.

 

 On the other side, a black werewolf was breathing heavily with wounds all over its body.

 

 I had asked the D-rank cards group to take care of the first werewolf that had been affected by abnormal statuses, but it seemed that just as they had it cornered to death, the abnormality wore off and they suffered a nasty counterattack.

 

 Perhaps it had a skill that became active when it was on the verge of death...

 

 Yuki and Mea immediately tried to intervene, but unfortunately, the damage was too great.

 

 The injuries inflicted on Suzuka and Dragonet were at a level where they could become Lost if they were not put back on the card or given a recovery potion right away. The Dragonet, in particular, had not been named and will not be able to recover. Yuki and Mea also had quite a bit of damage, though not as much as the two first cards.

 

What to do......, use [Rain of Amrita]?

 

No, that is a trump card that can only be used once. I want to save it just in case. D-rank cards are not very effective against enemies of this level, so let's return Suzuka and Dragonet to the cards here.

 

You have done well! Suzuka and Dragonet, go back!

 

I'm sorry, Master! I'm withdrawing first!

 

I told you so! I told you to go home!

 

Why are you so noisy?! I know, I know! It was my mistake! I'll apologize later, but right now, go back first!

 

 I yelled at Suzuka, who was clingy even at a time like this, and put the two back in the cards.

 

I'll trouble you, Yuki and Mea, but I need you to join in the follow-up with Renge and the others!

 

Understood!

 

Roger that!  Leave it to me!

 

Okay, now there are only two of them left. And one of them is wounded. If all goes well...

 

Gh...!

 

--We can win.

 

 The moment I had such hopes, they were shattered.

 

 The sense of surprise and frustration were coming from Renge.

 

 What was at the end of her gaze ...... was the appearance of new enemies.

 

  Though it was only about two meters tall, which was not very large for a monster, its body radiated an intimidating presence that could not be compared to a lycanthrope.

 

 The atmosphere that made it clear at a glance that it was a higher-ranking being was somewhat similar to that of Renge's transformation into a goddess, and that was when I realized the true identity of the enemy.

 

 ----B rank card, Anubis. The god of the underworld in Egyptian mythology....... At his side, 3 Garms were also present.

 

"Kuh ......!"

 

 A shameful sound unconsciously leaked from my throat.

 

What the hell !!!! Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Screw you! Why do you have to pull out a B-rank card here?!!!

If you have a B-rank card, you shouldn't be doing something like this! !

Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it!

 

 Despair and anger spread through my body like poison. For the first time in a long time, my legs were seriously shaking. I can't seem to muster the strength to stand up properly. I was beginning to feel a real sense of death.

 

Can I win? The enemy have one B-rank card and five C-rank cards. While I have one B-rank card, one C-rank card, and two D-rank cards ....... Plus two unused C-rank cards. The numbers are even, but .......

 

Let's think calmly and draw a conclusion.... It's no good. We can't win....... There is too much difference in strength.

 

Renge's [Spiritual recurrence] has a time limit. Eliza is wounded. The D-rank cards are outmatched in strength. The unused C-ranks have not developed their combat capability and lack familiarity. In contrast, the enemy's strength is mostly unknown. There could be additional backups.

 

There is no choice but to flee. But can we escape......?

 

What should we do, Master?

 

…withdraw.

 

How?

 

Well, that's.....

 

 There was only one way out of here. But I was hesitant to actually say it.

 

 Renge stared at me quietly.

 

 The way she looked at me made the words she had said before come back to my mind.

 

 ——For us, a name is proof that we're willing to die for the master, no matter how many times it takes.

 

 

"......!"

 

 I made up my mind.

 

 ...but... Ah...but still...I didn't want to say this.

 

----Renge, Eliza, and Mea, I will have you hold them back. I'll go with Yuki to the gate,...... no, to the safe zone.

 

 ......that was the only way to survive.

 

 There were two ways to escape from here: the stairs to the top and the gate. However, the gate is likely to have enemies waiting for us. If you think about it normally, if the prey were to escape, they would go for the gate.

 

 But we have Hamelin's Flute. It can only be used in a safe zone, and it takes too much time to activate, but if the enemy had set a net around the gate, we might be able to escape from there.

 

 The question was whether the enemy would simply allow it.

 

 It was absolutely necessary for them to stay here until I could escape safely.

 

 Even if that was the same as telling them to become a discarded pawn, I had no choice but to give that order.

 

 I looked away in discomfort, but Renge and the others grinned.

 

Yes, Master. be careful

 

Can't be helped...... give me a reward later, won't you?

 

Leave it to me. ......Oh, what do you say at a time like this? Um...... I'll take care of this, you go on ahead! That right?

 

Renge ....... You idiot, that's...... a death flag.

 

 With the thoughts of my friends flowing through the Link, I tried to call up the lycanthrope cards to at least help them.

 

 This should make up for some of the gap in strength.

 ......But.

 

That’s not necessary.

 

 Renge stopped me with her strong gaze.

 

But, just you three is......

 

There's no guarantee that the enemy won't pursue you. Save that just in case.

 

Okay......

 

 Even at this moment, Renge and the others were worried about my safety. I resisted my vision from becoming blurry, and I went to mount Yuki.

 

Let's go.....!

 

Yes, Master!

 

"Hmph, trying to escape, huh.....!"

 

 The Anubis and co. rushed to me as I was trying to run away.

 

 There, Renge stood in their way and said,

 

"I'm not going to let you through here, even if it kills me!"

 

 Amidst the sounds of heavy fighting behind me, I synchronized deeply with Yuki and ran in a straight line to the safe zone.

 

 From here, there was nothing I could do. All I could accomplish was to watch the struggles of Renge and the others through the Link.

 

 Against the Anubis side, which was closing in on them by an overwhelming margin of strength, Renge and the others were working in unison as a trinity to bite back.

 

 While Mea interfered with her status ailment, Renge delivered blows with her high firepower, and Eliza provided protection.

 

 However, compared to the Anubis side, which was superior in both number and quality, Renge's side, which would be in a tight spot if even one of them slipped through, was gradually being driven into a corner.......

 

...Ah, thought so... I'm weak after all.

 

 Shortly after I started running, the first one that fellwas the only D-rank card, Mea.

 

 No matter how much effort was put into it, no matter how determined one might be, the cruel reality called combat power would stand in the way.

 

But ...... I won't be beaten as a freebie either!

 

 Still...but still, the little demon of dreams showed her determination to the end.

 

Aaaaaaaaaggh! Rengeeeee!

 

 Mea roared, spitting out blood. At the same time, the card on my chest emitted a slight glow.

 

 It was the glow when a card gained a new skill.

 

 I didn't have time to check it, but I knew right away its effect.

 

...Ah, you did a great job. Leave the rest to me!

 

 A black miasma enveloped Renge. Her skin turned uglier and blistered, and her glossy hair turned gray like an old woman's.

 

 She had turned into Kokuanten1, the goddess of misery and misfortune, who was another side of the coin.

 

——The Night of the End of the World

 

 Lotus muttered in a croaky voice that sounded as if her throat had been crushed.

 

 It was the unique skill of the Kokuanten, which was the counterpart of the Kisshouten's [Rain of Amrita].

 

 Centered on Renge, a black rain poured down.

 

 The Garms and Lycanthropes bathed in it began to writhe and suffer. A rain of deadly poison and disease, that was the true nature of the black rain.

 

"Hmph! This is nothing against me!"

 

 But Anubis, a B-rank monster and the god of the underworld, had a high resistance to abnormal status, or so it did not seem to have much effect on him, although he did seem to be in some pain.

 

 And Renge laughed a little, saying,

 

So, here goes...... Mea...

 

Die.....

 

 Friendship linkage - [Curse a man, and you'll get two holes] x [The Night of the End of the World].

 

 At that moment, a crackling sound resounded within my chest.

 

 The source of the sound was Mea's card. When I took it out, I found that the illustration had disappeared from Mea's card, and the entire card had turned sepia-colored.

 

 This meant that Mea was Lost and had became a soul card.

 

 However, this was not a death in vain.

 

"Kuh?! Gah!!"

 

 Suddenly, blood gushed out from all over Anubis and co's bodies. It was bizarre wounds, as if the pain that Mea had received had been returned directly to the other party.

 

 The Garms were only seriously injured, but the Lycanthropes were so badly wounded before that the attack was just enough to stop them. Even Anubis had received wounds that were not shallow.

 

 At the same time, Renge, who had used up all her power, returned to her usual Zashikiwara appearance.

 

"...... have you felt the pain of my best friend?"

 

"You pseudo B-rank!"

 

 Anubis, filled with anger, attacked Renge all at once as she grinned triumphantly.

 

"Mea......!"

 

 I clenched my teeth and clung tightly to Yuki.

 

 At the last moment, what came through from Mea was her frustration at being the first to drop out.

 

 There was not a shred of resentment towards me for making her a pawn, only her own helplessness and concern for her remaining friends.

 

 This, on the contrary, tore at my heart more than any blame or condemnation.

 

Master...I'm sorry. Please be safe.

 

 A little later, this time Eliza passed on.

 

 She continued to be a shield for Renge until the very end. Losing her right arm, having her chest gouged out, her stomach punctured, and losing a third of her head. She fell to the ground.... her body more lifeless than when she was a ghoul.

 

 But there was no one among us who would consider that body ugly.

 

 The numerous injuries that were unbearable to see were the very feelings she had for her friends.

 

"Eliza.....!"

 

 Eliza's thoughts on the verge of being Lost burned my heart.

 

 As she lay dying, the only thing on her mind was me and her friends.

 

Will Master be able to escape safely? Did I manage to buy himself enough time? I'm sorry for not being able to protect Mea. It's pathetic that I couldn't protect Renge to the end.

 

 Her heart, which was more concerned about her friends than herself, was pure white, the same as when she was a ghoul.

 

"Agh, damn it...!"

 

 My friends were dying.

 

 My friends who had shaped me into the person I am now, one by one...

 

 I should have retreated as soon as I realized that this attack was by humans. If I had done that, although I might have lost some of the D-rank cards, we would not have been cornered to the point of near total annihilation like this.

 

  No, in the first place, if only I had listened to Suzuka's words and went home right away.... If I had just become an adventurer, I would have decided to retreat at the slightest sign of anything unusual. But then, after the cards had grown and everything was going well, I started to lose my sense of prudence.

 

 I thought that if my phone broke, it wouldn't matter if I was just fighting the Boss, and if other adventurers captured the dungeon while I was returning, all the hard work I had done would be undone.......

 

 As a result of being caught up in immediate gains, I lost my most important friends.

 

 All of this was due to arrogance that I had grown without realizing it.

 

"Sorry...... sorry......"

 

".................."

 

 Yuki, who usually comforted me at times like this, said nothing. That was loyalty in her own way, and I was most grateful for that now.

 

 And it was when I finally reached the safe zone.

 

Uta, maro......

 

 The third time 'it' sounded.

 

 That was the sound of my partner, the one who scolded me and supported me through all the tough times, dying.

 

 The remaining enemy was only one Anubis.

 

 Renge and the others had overcome the disadvantage of being outnumbered five to three and had completely played the role of stalling them.

 

 In exchange for their precious sacrifice, I had safely reached the safe zone.

 

 And yet ......

 

 I roared. Unspeakable rage burned and gushed through my chest.

 

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!! Damn it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!"

 

 ————Once I reached the safe zone in front of the stairs, I saw  a new Anubis and two Garms.

 

 Even though I was gritting my teeth, my strength was drained from my entire body. Mea, Eliza, and Renge.......

 

 Anubis spoke to me as I hung my head on a threatening Yuki,

 

"......Return that Coosie back to its card, discard your ownership of all your cards and magic items, then place them on the ground. Including the soul cards."

 

"...... what?"

 

"Hurry up! Do you want to be killed?”

 

 My head rapidly cooled as Anubis struck me with his murderous intent.

 

Requesting the cards......? Does that mean it's just a robbery, after all? Then why even Yuki and the soul cards?

 

 I understand that they want ownership of the normal cards. Because if they kill the master without letting him/her dispose of the ownership, the cards will also disappear. But surely they understand that named cards cannot have their ownership rights relinquished.......

 

"Giving up ownership of a named card can't be done, though?"

 

"Of course I know that. You just have to do what I say."

 

"Even if I do what you say, I'll just get killed afterwards......."

 

"Do as I say and I'll let you off the hook. But you'll have to take the stairs to the top to go back."

 

"...... What?"

 

If I leave all my cards and magic items with you, you'll let me go? The way back is the top? Then the end result is the same. I'll just be killed by the monsters along the way. ......Why don't you just take care of me yourself?

 

"What's the purpose of doing this? You're not just doing it to steal cards, are you?"

 

 An adventurer with such high-ranking cards should not have to commit crimes of taking someone else's cards. There must be plenty of other ways to make money legally.

 

 That was my intention in asking this question, but I did not expect a response.

 

 Criminals do not need to go to the trouble of explaining their motives for committing crimes.

 

 Even more when it is to someone who was about to die.......

 

"Hmph... you will not understand this noble aspiration even if you say it, You who mistake the power of cards for your own power!”

 

  But contrary to expectations, Anubis responded to this, even with a hint of delight in his voice.

 

 It was as if he had been asked something he had been dying to say, and just then...

 

......Noble aspiration? Mistaking the power of the cards for my own power?

 

 At that moment, something began to flick in my mind.

 

"Well, that's enough. Give me all ypur cards and magic items.''

 

 My thoughts were interrupted by Anubis, who was once again beginning to show his murderous intent.

 

"...I'm not going to comply unless you promise to let me pass through the gate at the lowest floor."

 

 In fact, I wasn't going to give him Renge and the others' cards even if they killed me, but I said that to find out what they would do.

 

"Don't get carried away! You know, you are the loser! You want to get killed here?!"

 

"It's all the same...... to get killed here or to go up there and die alone."

 

 Why are they obsessed with making me leave all my cards behind?

 

 If I could grasp that, I felt like I could approach the enemy's true identity.

 

 However, it seemed that my attempts to struggle had touched the enemy's nerves.

 

"...Enough, if you're going to say that much then I'll kill you right here as you wish."

 

 Anubis' body slowly moved, and a murderous intent that was completely different from before was released.

 

So this is it. If it's like this, I'll do my best all the way.

 

"Okay. I'll give you the cards..."

 

 I said that and put my hand into my pocket. It was not to give the cards to Anubis, but to call up the unused lycanthropes.

 

 I would never win, but I would at least get one of the Garms to Lost.

 

 If not, I would have no face to show to Renge and the others that had stalled for me.

 

"......?"

 

 At that moment, I felt an unusual feeling in my pocket.

 

 It was a card about a size larger than a monster card. A [Distress] magic card.

 

 Now that I think about it, did something like this exist? I had no intention of using it, so I completely forgot about it.

 

 In fact, the [Distress'] magic card would probably be of no use here. After all, this was the bottom floor. What will happen even if I use the [Distress] card that randomly transfers to an unreached floor?

 

 Will I still be here, stuck, as a failure of activation? ...Or, will I be thrown somewhere on a floor I've already reached? ...... or something?

 

 That was an idea that would not normally have crossed my mind. Using an expensive [Distress] magic card in a place where there was no other place to go.

 

 ...But it was worth the gamble.

 

 It couldn't get any worse anyway. Then it was worth it to bet everything on this card.

 

"What's wrong? Hurry up!"

 

 Anubis yelled at me as if he was getting impatient. I didn't have time to hesitate, so I used the [Distress] magic card.

 

“——Use [Distress]!"

 

"What!?"

 

 My body and Yuki's body light up in front of Anubis, who was astonished.

 

"Like I'm letting you get away!"

 

 Even though the time for the magic to activate was less than a second, Anubis was still quick to make a decision.

 

 Like saying 'I'd rather kill you than let you escape!', his right arm swung out!

 

 Standing in front of me, who was powerless, was Yuki, my last companion.

 

 While fresh blood was scattering in slow motion, there was a popping sound and we were teleported.

 

 

 

 

 

"......ster. ...up please."

 

"......Uu."

 

 Someone shook my body and I regained consciousness.

 

 Apparently, I passed out.

 

 When I opened my eyes, there was Yuki, her dark green fur stained with blood.

 

"Yu ...... ki, are you alright?"

 

"Yes, it's a little ...... stiff, but, I'm better than I look."

 

"I see.... wait a minute, I'll use a potion on you."

 

 As I was about to take out the mid-potion from my bag, I noticed my surroundings for the first time.

 

"This place, is ......?"

 

 It was a white space with countless spheres floating in the air.

 

 In a space the size of a school gymnasium, spheres like soap bubbles were floating in the air, and in them were ...... cards.

 

"...... Cards?"

 

 Each one contained a familiar monster card.

 

 Battle Wolf, Kobold, Fairy, Will-o-wisp, Carbuncle, Coosie, Hellhound, Lylaps.......

 

 All of them were cards of monsters that appeared in this dungeon.

 

 I looked at them dumbfounded as I poured a potion over Yuki's body.

 

 The size of the soap bubbles varied, and even the same type of monster card seemed to vary greatly in size.

 

 As I peered into the rainbow-colored spheres, a different view suddenly appeared in my eyes.

 

 It was a scene of a small child drowning in a river. A kindergarten-age boy was playing in a shallow part of the river, but he ended up going into the deeper part of the river, where he got caught by the current and was swept away. A couple who appeared to be his parents, who were preparing for a barbecue by the riverside, rushed to jump into the river, but they were too late.......

 

 The boy's suffering and his parents' anxiety and fear were directly conveyed to me as if I was using Link, and I grunted lowly.

 

"Ugh, ku ......, what was......?"

 

 It was as real as if the scene was really happening somewhere in this world.

 

 Just as I was about to take another peek at the soap bubble next to me,

 

"Master, take that one."

 

 Yuki pointed to one of the bubbles.

 

 There were two large soap bubbles in a row, and as I approached them, I saw that each one contained a card with a lycanthrope inside.

 

 One male, and the other female.

 

"This is ......."

 

 When I reached out to one of the larger soap bubbles... the one with the female lycanthrope in it, the bubble broke with a snapping sound.

 

 The lycanthrope's card fluttered down.

 

 

 

 

[Race] Lycanthrope

[Combat Power] 800

 

[Inborn skills]

When the moon is full, it follows

Wolf Clothing

Awakening of instinct

 

[Acquired skills]

The true one

Breakthrough of limits

True follower summoning

Lord of the territory

Advanced Ninjutsu

 

 

 

 

"S, so strong....."

 

Is this really a lycanthrope? Not only does it have double the initial combat power of a normal lycanthrope, but it also has many skills that I have never seen before.

 

 What kind of skill is [The true one]? Is [Breakthrough of limits] the reason for this high combat power? Is [True follower summoning] different from [Follower summoning]?

 

 And just then,

 

“W-what the…!?”

 

"Master!"

 

 Suddenly, a violent vibration hit us.

 

 The white space cracked and the soap bubbles broke one after another.

 

 The crack instantly turns into a large chasm, and the bottom was completely shrouded in darkness, making it impossible to see. The cards that fell from the soap bubbles were sucked into the abyss.

 

 What will happen if I fall into this crevice...?

 

 I felt a chill as the cards fell out of sight, and I backed away.

 

"Master!"

 

 Embraced by Yuki, I was running away from the rift, but the footholds gradually became smaller and we were cornered.

 

 Eventually, the last foothold collapsed, and we fell into the abyss with screams.

 

 

 

 

[Tips] Magic Cards

 

 Among the magic items that emerge from the dungeon, there are some that enable even humans to use magic. Magic cards are disposable magic items that are the easiest to obtain.

 

 They are mainly used in MonColo because it is highly convenient as it can be activated simply by chanting the magic name, and because it instantly expands the range of strategies.

 

 The magic contained in the magic cards is mainly magic that can be used by monsters, but there is also some magic that has only been confirmed to be on magic cards. The magic card [Distress] is one of them.

 

 The effectiveness of magic cards has been thoroughly tested, and of course, the use of [Distress] at the lowest level has also been tested. The result was that it did not activate.

 

***

 


Notes:

Kokuanten was the younger sister of Kisshouten (Laksmi). She was said to be one of three Empresses of Enma-o (the King of Hell). She was the goddess of bringing unluckiness and misfortune in the midnight. Her name means 'the night of the world end'.

 



Previous chapter | Novel page | Next chapter

Help us out and get Advanced Chapters on our Patreon! (Psst, go and check out the FREE trial on the first tier!)

Or you can keep our spirit up by buying us Coffee (人ゝω・)

 

 

 

 

 

Support Me