19-14
The
Entrusted Hidden Treasure
Translator : PolterGlast
「If we are to connect a
scattered world into one, reviving that place would be the fastest way. Even if
I become Emperor, in the underground society, beastmen would continue to be
kidnapped, and elves would have no choice but to live gathered in specific
districts. If so, we just need to revive that place and create a land where all
races truly coexist.」
That place connects
to various parts of the world. The underground passages that run beneath
mountains and great rivers can reach a destination faster than any other route.
That place is a key traffic hub. Towns are born at key traffic hubs. If many
people come and go, and witness the coexistence of those living there, we might
be able to correct the distortions of the Empire.
「Fools! If there was a way to
revive it, I would have done it long ago! Father and Mother took the sun that
was in that land, the hidden treasure that illuminated the underground empire,
and left this world with it in their hands! They could have just left it for
us, those obstinate fools!!」
A method to create a
sun, huh... Even if I asked the folks of the Horned race, this might be
impossible. But to give up is—
「If that's the case, it's right
here.」
「...Eh.」
From Zirant's
throat, the faint voice of a young girl echoed. What did she just say? It's
here...? Didn't the First Emperor take it away?
「Eh, eeh, what does that mean!?」
「Step outside this house and
look up at the sky. What is up there is the very thing that once illuminated
the A-Zir underground empire. You can take it with you.」
Zirant stood
there in a daze. However, that was only for a moment; she immediately dashed
out of the study and went outside the house. When we followed after her a
little late, we found Zirant slumped on her knees beneath the eaves of
the house. Looking up at the sky of the underground cavity, something light
purple was glowing faintly. Looking closely, it was spherical, and when told it
was a sun, it certainly looked like one.
「In such a... hiding it in such
a place... Father, Mother... you're too wicked...」
I don't understand
it completely, but maybe its output has been lowered. If I just show something
like this to Plea of the Horned race, she'll probably handle the rest
properly on her own.
「At the time, there were also
many who tried to resurrect the underground empire. But they believed that
leaving the gods' hidden treasure there would hinder the growth of their
children.」
「Now that you are sufficiently
independent, they would surely say they don't mind handing it over. The fact
that they didn't take it with them implies as much.」
When Azato
released a spell, the purple sun descended.
「Wa, wa, the sky is falling,
uwa!?」
「Wahahaha, delightful,
delightful!」
「Are you alright, Carral?」
It gave the illusion
that the sky itself was falling. I supported Carral, who was so
surprised she almost gave out at the knees, while leaving Sigrun, who
had fallen on her rear and flipped backwards, exactly as she was.
「Th-Thanks... Haa, that really
startled me, geez...」
「Heyyy, Shinza, help sessha
up too, it's cold.」
「You aren't that delicate,
right... Heave-ho.」
After helping Sigrun
up, I turned my eyes to the fallen sun. Approaching it while lending Carral
my shoulder, I saw it was only about the size of two human heads. It was huge
if you could call it huge, but as a sun, it was much too small a sphere.
「But, is everyone going to be
okay...? Won't you be troubled if this is gone...?」
「Lizardmen are a race that
originally lived in holes. The light from the luminous moss alone is no
problem. My wife, however, might be a little troubled...」
「I will follow along with you,
dear. If we can live in that underground empire once more, I want to help with
its revival.」
After smiling at Azato,
his wife also gave me a smile. It was the same for Azato. The two of
them stared at me as if to confirm something, then exchanged glances and seemed
convinced.
「Will it really... will that
place really be resurrected...?」
「Seems like it.」
Zirant was
still slumped on the ground. Since Carral seemed to be fine now, I stood
in front of Zirant and offered my hand. Then, with eyes like a child's,
full of wonder, Zirant merely stared at the palm of my hand.
「Isn't this great! With this,
we can station a massive army right beneath the Fimbul territory! After
that, if Shinza creates a path leading right beneath the enemy's feet
and suppresses their core, the civil war will be an instant checkmate!」
「That would work if the
opposing force was single. But this time it's a civil war; there are too many
enemy heads. If we play the card of a surprise attack from underground once,
they'll be on guard against it afterwards.」
That aside, how long
am I supposed to wait with my hand held out... However, when I returned my gaze
to Zirant once more, large drops of tears were welling up in the god's
eyes.
「Father...?」
Stop saying it like
that with a tearful voice; it's making my chest tighten. I unilaterally grabbed
Zirant's hand and pulled her up a bit roughly.
「If I truly am the same person
as Ausar, I wouldn't mind becoming another father to you. But if so,
please act a bit more like an adorable daughter.」
「......Is that true?」
「N-No, you accepted that
surprisingly obediently... You can get mad at me in your usual tone, you
know...?」
「Impossible... Wagahai
was abandoned by Father... Ashley, I command you. Become Wagahai's
father...」
「You're far older than me.
Don't be unreasonable...」
I was bewildered by
the obedient and frail Zirant. But perhaps this is the true Zirant.
The existences she thought of as father and mother left the world, leaving only
heavy responsibilities behind. What a cruel life. Amidst this, the bizarre book
glowed without reading the room, and a new mission was added to its pages.
- Pioneer - 【Revive the underground empire
A-Zir】
·
Reward: EXP 5000 / Flower Garden and
Fertile Land
『Wagahai
wants to see that shining world once more... Please, revive that paradise. And,
become Wagahai's father...』
I never thought Zirant's
true nature was that of a daughter with such an extreme father complex... If
she desires the revival of that land to such an extent, I will gladly
contribute to the project as well. As for the father treatment... I'm not
mentally prepared for that yet, so give me a break... I only meant it as a
joke...
Thus, bringing along
Azato, his wife, and a small elite group of Lizardmen, we rendezvoused
with the Hez Company's merchant fleet at the next anchorage. Everyone
was surprised by the appearance of Lizardmen, a Dragonoid, and an angel, but
strangely enough, everyone hit it off immediately. That's all thanks to Sigrun.
Because for that woman, the walls between people simply don't exist. There are
even parts that make you think the Lizardmen are more pure-hearted and decent
than Sigrun.
The fleet overtook everything at an extraordinary cruising speed, and eventually—guided us to Erin Port, which was built on those sheer cliffs. A civil war had already broken out on the Empire's mainland. Dragging in the feuds from Father's era, the imperial lords had split into northern and southern forces, eagerly awaiting the start of the decisive battle.
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Xavier O'Donoghue
Anton Lim
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Sébastien Dionne
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----
