Chapter 146
Power Play
Heading
further northwest, the city of Ronack, considered the Demon Territory
Zwaarth, finally came into view. Thankfully for us on the attacking
side, demon feudal lords basically only possess a single city. In demon
culture, where strength is justice, demons seeking protection gather under a
strong demon. Because cities are formed in that manner, the structure
inherently makes it impossible to build a second or third city. The strong
demons protect them, and in exchange, they can do whatever they want to the
weak demons. Since such a twisted set of values seems to be the default, their
very foundation of thinking must be completely different from us humans. I had
considered bringing the Subjugation Faction over to our side since they
obey the strong, but thinking about the future, it might be best to just defeat
all of them—except for the Integration Faction and a portion of the Neutral
Faction, who hold views relatively closer to humans.
「Heh, so that's the city of Ronack...」
As
I drew closer, the full picture of the city came into view. As expected, or
rather somehow, it was completely different from the cities I knew. There were
no city walls surrounding it; there was only a moat dug as a mere formality.
However, even in that state, a massive castle could be seen in what appeared to
be the center of the city. Since there were no monster reactions in the
surroundings, only demons would be coming here. If that's the case, this level
of defense might not be an issue.
(Crushing
them all at once is an option, but...)
Spamming
LV 10 magic without thinking about the consequences and destroying the
entire city would be the easiest method, but this city is ruled by demons of
the Subjugation Faction. Judging from what Emilia and Sae-san
told me, it is entirely possible that abducted humans are inside. Furthermore,
just because it's ruled by the Subjugation Faction, there might be
demons from the Neutral Faction or Integration Faction inside who
are following them reluctantly.
「...Alright, in times like this, I'll
just obediently rely on others.」
At
this stage, I decided to stop thinking about it on my own. There's no way
someone like me, who can only put in a little more effort than others, could
instantly come up with the correct answer. Since there are actual demons on my
side, talking with Lirica and Priola, whom I've left waiting,
will surely yield a better answer. Just as I was about to use Door Placement
to return to the Royal Capital...
「...Ah, my Home leveled up!」
My
Home had leveled up for the first time in quite a while. It had been so
long recently that I had completely given up on it. Checking my Gift
once more, it seemed a new ability had been added. I see, this is... Thinking
about what's to come, this seems like it could be quite useful. To confirm if I
could actually use it, I returned to Lirica and the others, who should
be waiting at the Royal Castle.
「...And that's how it is. If
possible, I want to save everyone inside before taking them down, but do you
have any good ideas?」
「T-That's tremendous...」
「To think you defeated that many
demons in such a short amount of time...」
Having
heard the circumstances, both Lirica and Priola were a little put
off by my story. Well, reaching the Demon Territory in a few hours and
annihilating them in the blink of an eye is certainly a bit absurd, I suppose
(treating it as someone else's problem).
「I can think of a few methods, but...
in that case, I think going with the demon way of doing things would be best.」
「The demon way of doing things?」
「Yes. In short... you just need to
resolve everything with power.」
The method Priola mentioned while laughing was indeed a power play fit for a demon. True, with that, we wouldn't have to worry about the uninvolved people.
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Xavier O'Donoghue
Anton Lim
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Sébastien Dionne
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----