Sunday, July 19, 2026

[WN] Shut-In : Chapter 146


Chapter 146

Power Play


Translator : PolterGlast


Heading further northwest, the city of Ronack, considered the Demon Territory Zwaarth, finally came into view. Thankfully for us on the attacking side, demon feudal lords basically only possess a single city. In demon culture, where strength is justice, demons seeking protection gather under a strong demon. Because cities are formed in that manner, the structure inherently makes it impossible to build a second or third city. The strong demons protect them, and in exchange, they can do whatever they want to the weak demons. Since such a twisted set of values seems to be the default, their very foundation of thinking must be completely different from us humans. I had considered bringing the Subjugation Faction over to our side since they obey the strong, but thinking about the future, it might be best to just defeat all of them—except for the Integration Faction and a portion of the Neutral Faction, who hold views relatively closer to humans.

Heh, so that's the city of Ronack...

As I drew closer, the full picture of the city came into view. As expected, or rather somehow, it was completely different from the cities I knew. There were no city walls surrounding it; there was only a moat dug as a mere formality. However, even in that state, a massive castle could be seen in what appeared to be the center of the city. Since there were no monster reactions in the surroundings, only demons would be coming here. If that's the case, this level of defense might not be an issue.

(Crushing them all at once is an option, but...)

Spamming LV 10 magic without thinking about the consequences and destroying the entire city would be the easiest method, but this city is ruled by demons of the Subjugation Faction. Judging from what Emilia and Sae-san told me, it is entirely possible that abducted humans are inside. Furthermore, just because it's ruled by the Subjugation Faction, there might be demons from the Neutral Faction or Integration Faction inside who are following them reluctantly.

...Alright, in times like this, I'll just obediently rely on others.

At this stage, I decided to stop thinking about it on my own. There's no way someone like me, who can only put in a little more effort than others, could instantly come up with the correct answer. Since there are actual demons on my side, talking with Lirica and Priola, whom I've left waiting, will surely yield a better answer. Just as I was about to use Door Placement to return to the Royal Capital...

...Ah, my Home leveled up!

My Home had leveled up for the first time in quite a while. It had been so long recently that I had completely given up on it. Checking my Gift once more, it seemed a new ability had been added. I see, this is... Thinking about what's to come, this seems like it could be quite useful. To confirm if I could actually use it, I returned to Lirica and the others, who should be waiting at the Royal Castle.

...And that's how it is. If possible, I want to save everyone inside before taking them down, but do you have any good ideas?

T-That's tremendous...

To think you defeated that many demons in such a short amount of time...

Having heard the circumstances, both Lirica and Priola were a little put off by my story. Well, reaching the Demon Territory in a few hours and annihilating them in the blink of an eye is certainly a bit absurd, I suppose (treating it as someone else's problem).

I can think of a few methods, but... in that case, I think going with the demon way of doing things would be best.

The demon way of doing things?

Yes. In short... you just need to resolve everything with power.

The method Priola mentioned while laughing was indeed a power play fit for a demon. True, with that, we wouldn't have to worry about the uninvolved people.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me