Wednesday, July 29, 2026

[WN] Emperor's Seventh Son : 21- 2 Part 1


21-2 Part 1

Another Heroic Legend

 - The Dragon Who Regained Paradise -


Translator : PolterGlast


I ran. I just ran recklessly. Putting the strongest mighty warrior named Sigrun on a cart, I ran through the dark underground tunnel. Kicking the earth with all my might, even if the cart rampaged and flew through the air, even if my breathing became ragged despite having obtained inexhaustible stamina, I could not stop.

It's not my place to say this, but Zirant always does reckless things. She tries to protect this world no matter what means she has to use. Because to Zirant, this world is a treasure entrusted to her by her beloved father and mother. If I am the alter ego of the First Emperor, then I have a duty to protect Zirant.

Wahaha, don't be in such a hurry, Shinza! That woman isn't as fragile as you think! I know that! But that White Knight, and the army... that crawled out of the Abyss... she's intercepting them all by herself, you know!?

Despite my ragged breathing, filled with intense impatience, I raised my voice mixed with anger at Sigrun.

What!? That is――that is, hmm... Thinking about it calmly, that is――Ooh, isn't that the most passionately thrilling situation!?

Wh-why, why does it turn out like that... You too, try being on the side that worries about Zirant!

Wahahahaha, this is amusing! Shinza, I don't want to hear that from you of all people!? But it's hot, this battle is so hot! A battle with the fate of the world on the line where you can't step back a single inch! Grunts that never end no matter how many you cut down! And strong foes appearing one after another! I am jealous of Zira-chan!

Then swap places with her...

I dropped my gaze in sheer amazement. However, feeling something out of place, I returned my gaze to see a white light floating in the distance of the tunnel. That light spread rapidly, completely covering our field of vision in white. Even so, without stopping my feet, I dove into the underground empire A-Zir, the subterranean country that possesses a sun.

Uwooooooohhh, whaaaat iisss thiiiss plaaaceee!?

Another Imperial Capital. Phew... the greenery has increased quite a bit in the few days I was away...

Dropping my pace just a little, I took a deep breath of the air of the paradise Zirant loved. It smells of water, vegetation, and the sun. Right now, most of the men are out, but I could spot working women here and there, tending to previously buried waterways and creating fields, albeit still small.

Hey Shinza, stop! If we keep going like this, we'll enter a cellar again!? Let's swim in that waterway for a bit!

No, we're going to Elkia today!

The earth of A-Zir, which had been as hard as bedrock until a little while ago, now felt as soft as a cushion.

That's just wrong, Shinza!?

I'll play with you as much as you want when we get back! So just stick with me for now! Your power is necessary to save Zirant!

Ooh, that's right! A battle that makes the blood boil and the flesh dance was waiting! Don't forget that promise, Shinza

Just imagining it makes me feel fed up, but I don't care! Right now, saving Zirant is the top priority!

By the time that conversation ended, we had jumped into the northern underground tunnel. From a radiant paradise, we reverted back to an endless dark tunnel no matter how far we went.

Come to think of it, Shinza, where is our destination...?

Isn't that a question you should have asked at the very beginning?

Wahaha, I suppose so! But seeing as how you, in such an absolute rush, picked me up like a kidnapping, shoved me onto a cart, and took me away without letting me get a word in, it's a given that the destination ahead will be the greatest stage!

Our destination is Elkia. The fateful land located far to the north of here, further north than Ratatosk. According to what Zirant says, the door to the heavens is hidden there.

In other words, Zira-chan is fighting to protect the heavens from the monsters of the Abyss!? Good, good, isn't that the greatest battlefield! Wahahaha, this is excellent, I can't stop laughing! Now go, my noble steed Shinza!

It's unbearably noisy, but Sigrun's fighting spirit is already maxed out. North, further north I ran. Until just a moment ago my head was full of Zirant's safety, but now I was starting to feel a creeping regret about making the promise to play in the water with Sigrun... Surely, she'll wear clothes, right...?

Hey, Shinza, what is that...?

Relying on my intuition that this area might be the Elkia Kingdom, I went up to the surface to find the evening sky and a white desert beyond the butt of Sigrun, who was standing still. Pushing that obstructive rear aside, I too emerged onto the surface, where a barren desert without a single blade of grass spread out before us. At the same time, a certain phrase that Zirant had used previously crossed my mind. That phrase was The White Wasteland of Death.

It seems this is Elkia... Ah, wait, don't go near that, you'll die.

Yeah, I know that without being told. Among the many races, the horned races are exceptionally weak against that sort of thing! It reeks strongly of the gods' poison...

I had consulted with Puis to see if there was any landmark to reach the Elkia territory. Then that gyaru-type horned race, Plea, joined the conversation and taught me that in Elkia, there is a land that was once scorched by the lightning of the gods. An entire army using this place as a battlefield, along with the First Emperor's best friend, was burned away in an instant, giving birth to a white desert where no one could survive... She said that if we cross the eastern mountains with this white desert at our backs, the old Elkia Kingdom lies beyond.

Apparently, this was a battlefield. This must be what Zirant mentioned—the power in the heavenly realm that can destroy the world. It scorched the earth, creating a world of death where the poison hasn't purified even after a thousand years.

Wahaha... waha... that's not funny. If things like this were continuously dropped left and right, it wouldn't be a laughing matter, Shinza!?

The first ones to draw the short straw would be the horned races. The day you can no longer walk freely on the surface might be near.

That's a problem! Let's go, Shinza! Let's save Zira-chan and throw ourselves into a battle with not a single step back to protect the world! I have decided to live in that underground empire!

There should be a branch path underground leading to the other side. Let's go under the mountain instead of over it.

We can't hand this kind of power over to the people of the Abyss. What Zirant had been afraid of, we were shown by the white desert right before our eyes.

Hurry Shinza! We'll revert back to the era where the horned races had no choice but to seclude themselves at the edge of the world at this rate!

We returned underground and aimed for the old Elkia royal capital while digging open a collapsing branch path. Once we got this far, the distance itself wasn't that much. Soon, the tunnel traced an upward slope and showed us the Elkia townscape and old castle, as well as a white pillar ascending into the heavens.

What the, we couldn't see something like that until just now!?

Tch... then we should assume it was just born a moment ago! Hurry up, Sigrun, prepare yourself!

Zirant had said there was a door to the heavenly realm in the old castle located in the Elkia territory. Then isn't that beautiful pillar of light soaring into the heavens the path to heaven itself? In other words, it means that Zirant couldn't fully protect the heavenly door.

You have my thanks, Shinza. This is truly the final decisive battle, the greatest grand stage for a warrior! Alright, we'll save Zira-chan while we're at it!

Don't say 'while we're at it', that is the main objective.

Upon entering the city streets from the outskirts, there was no one around, let alone monsters of the Abyss. However, there were signs of people inside the buildings. As we got closer to the castle, the corpses of soldiers lay scattered in the streets, and black stains, which seemed to be the remains of the people of the Abyss, soiled the roads. The Empire's civil war was instigated in order for the people of the Abyss to reach this land. The white pillar floating over the old castle and the corpses of the elderly reserve soldiers were proof of that. Passing through the blown-away castle gates, we aimed for the underground of the old castle. That was because the pillar of light was piercing through the floor from the underground and rising into the sky.

Zirant!

Zirant was there. In the deep underground of the castle illuminated by the pillar of light, a giant blue dragon was lying down. When I touched her scales, they were cold...

Zirant! Wake up, Zirant, don't die in a place like this!

I rushed over to her face and touched her cheek. It was still cold. Don't tell me, she's dead... Didn't you finally regain your homeland? What are you going to do if you don't watch over the prosperity of that land... I fell to my knees in front of Zirant and regretted letting her go alone. I should have prioritized this even if it meant abandoning the civil war.

Ku, kuku... a man shouldn't cry...

Zirant!?

How confusing, Zira-chan. I really thought you had died...

The eyes of the giant dragon looked at me. There was no fear. Rather, I felt relieved looking into that dragon's eyes.

Sorry... I just used up a little bit of my power and was taking a rest... What happened to Bergelmir...?

The civil war is over. I told them to send reinforcements, but we couldn't wait, so we came ahead by ourselves.

It was a bit boring but amusing. Shinza came back yesterday and ended the civil war just this morning. And then he sprinted all the way here out of breath, just wanting to protect Zira-chan!

Hey, don't touch upon that part...

Ku, kukuku... Father is, as expected, Wagahai's father...

As Zirant slowly closed her eyes as if falling asleep, I unintentionally hugged her overly huge face.

I'll rest for a bit... The people of the Abyss... are beyond that pillar... Those guys, they overlooked Wagahai...

The giant dragon became small particles and returned into my chest. Did the Demon Nobles of the Abyss spare Zirant and let her go without finishing her off...?

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me