Thursday, July 30, 2026

[WN] Emperor's Seventh Son : 21- 2 Part 2


21-2 Part 2

Another Heroic Legend

- The Last Owner -


Translator : PolterGlast


Forgive me, I couldn't stop them...

When I opened the Book of the Evil Dragon, her words floated up there.

Go to the heavens, Ashley. Pass through that pillar of light and protect the supreme treasure.

Understood. If it's now, I might make it in time. No, I will make it in time. As I started walking toward the pillar, Sigrun aligned her shoulders with mine.

Apparently, the heavenly realm is beyond there. Let's chase after the people of the Abyss.

In other words, it's a battle in the heavens! We're launching an assault, Shinza!

Let's hurry.

When the two of us dove into the pillar of light, the world changed into another world. In a space filled with white light, a giant staircase drawing a spiral had appeared. Beyond that spiral, there is a large door. No, to be exact, one side of the door was pried open, and the wreckage of the Cherubim Armors that were stolen by the White Knight was piled up here and there. The Cherubim Armors weren't stolen to assault the heavenly realm with this strongest army――apparently, from the very beginning, they were just tools for them to pry open the door to the heavens. The tattered and crumbled wreckage spoke that to me. In order to reach the surface, the people of the Abyss poured wealth into the labyrinth from the demon realm side, drove the Empire's royalty mad to induce a civil war, and made Julius create the key to the heavens, the Cherubim Armor. I don't like any of it. We dove into the destroyed door without hesitation.

Beyond the door is a world of white light. For just a few seconds, my body lost its weight, and just as I thought I floated softly, I was sitting on my rear in an unfamiliar world. Sigrun didn't say anything. She merely stood up, brushed off her rear, and gasped at this world enveloped in light and greenery. In front of us towers a chalk-white palace so gigantic it defies common sense. The air is fresh, mingling with the scent of flowers to create a resplendent atmosphere, illuminating a clear, warm world. My eyesight is extraordinarily good, but perhaps because the air is so pure, everywhere in the world I looked, perfectly formed images were reflected without any distortion. Well, it would have been truly perfect if I couldn't hear war cries and screams of agony, though...

Who is fighting...?

We'll know when we get there! Let's go, Shinza!

Chasing the commotion, we ran through the heavenly garden. Upon entering the building, countless corpses were rolling about. All of them were people of the Abyss. Not a single one was breathing.

There are only their corpses. Who are these guys fighting...

We'll know when we get there!

I already heard that.

Climbing over the mountain of corpses, we headed deeper and deeper inside. I spotted some living ones, but right now Sigrun's words are correct. Rather than interrogating them, we should aim for the core of the conflict. We dashed up the stairs stretching endlessly high. It's close. It's ahead. Someone is fighting ahead. Sigrun and I threw ourselves into the fierce battlefield.

It's mine!

No, it's mine!

That thing is calling me! That is something I should own!

But what was there was not what we had imagined. That methodical planning that drove the princes mad, caused a civil war, and snatched the key was nowhere to be found. Beyond a transparent wall that seemed to be a barrier, a small shining sphere was placed, and it appeared they were staking its ownership――killing each other amongst comrades...

What's wrong, Sigrun, aren't you going to join in?

M-Muu... How should I say this, it's not the kind I was expecting...

I agree.

It's a place like an altar. On the white floor, the corpses of the people of the Abyss are piled up innumerably. Everyone was shedding black blood, and the defeated were on their knees, glaring fixedly at the conflict before their eyes. That mastermind behind the conspiracy, the White Knight, is also there. What he aims for is also the heavenly supreme treasure. According to what Zirant said, it's the power itself to turn the owner into the creator of this world. Over a small shining sun, over a single supreme treasure, even though they finally managed to return from the Abyss to the heavens, everyone is killing each other. I just want to return home. Perhaps that was their wish, but right now, everyone was mad.

It seems you made it in time, Prince Ashley. To the deathmatch vying for the throne of heaven.

I have no interest in such a thing. But, it doesn't seem like something I can leave to you guys.

It's an unsightly battle that makes even the battle-crazed Sigrun recoil. No matter who wins, that guy won't become a proper god.

After all, we are existences of the Abyss. Now that the White Duke-sama is gone, we have no choice but to vie for the seat of the next creator. Now join in, Prince Ashley, Sigrun of the Black Horn, join the blood ritual staking the seat of the lord of the world! I know that without being told. Like hell I'd hand over the power to burn down the surface to monsters who casually kill their own allies!

Wahaha, that's the spirit! This time for sure we'll settle things, Armor Man!

What lay beyond that was a ruthless mutual killing. Sigrun and I encouraged each other so as not to lose our sanity, and cut down the residents of the Abyss for the sake of our comrades on the surface. However, that was like an opening act. The White Knight――no, now that his figure is dyed black with the splattered blood of his comrades, should he be called the Black Knight? The decisive battle with him began when his blade aimed for my back.

You can't be saved. The majority of those here, same as the Duke-sama, just wanted to return here. However, with the supreme treasure right before their eyes, everyone was swallowed... by the Abyss itself that had been eroding them.

Those words sound as if you're going to say you're the only exception.

Sigrun is protecting my back. I exchanged ten strikes with his blade and my shovel, and still no conclusion was reached, so another ten, and another ten, we tried to kill each other countless times.

I am the Abyss itself, born in the Abyss. I submitted to the Duke-sama from the bottom of my heart, but the Duke-sama is no longer here. Perhaps thanks to you erasing him...

So that's how it is. Cutting him down was a mistake after all. But, it's too late for that now.

Before I knew it, Sigrun was standing next to me, facing the Black Knight. Before I knew it, we were the only ones left standing. The entire area was covered in corpses. The most sacred altar in the world was dyed with the blood of the pitiful exiles who had finally returned to the heavens.

The Abyss inside me is speaking. Now is the time to snatch it. Now is the chance to overturn good and evil. With the Duke-sama gone, I only follow my instincts. I will obtain that supreme treasure and turn the world into the Abyss.

Don't say mad things with a sane voice.

The Black Knight was gradually transforming into a bizarre existence. When Sigrun scraped off his right arm along with its armor using that vibrating sword, muscle fibers extended from the cut end and connected to the fallen arm, astonishingly transforming into an abnormally long arm just like that. Even when I pierced his flank with the power to bore through everything, the afflicted part fused, and new armor formed over his skin.

Wh-what should we do, Shinza!? The more we defeat him, isn't he powering up!?

Seems like it. This is troubling...

This is the power of the Abyss...? How can we destroy this guy? Should we just bury him...? No, considering he won't die even if buried...

There is only one way to defeat me. You can pass through that barrier.

You're teaching me the answer to victory? Are you sane?

It might be a trap, Shinza!

The last owner of the supreme treasure is Samael. Therefore, if you feel like it, you can usurp the seat of the creator once more, just like the foolish angel Samael did again. However, in exchange, you will lose your sanity and might commit the same mistake once more.

Then it's out of the question. I'll defeat you through another method.

No matter how many times we crossed blades, no conclusion was reached. Neither Sigrun's absurd strength nor this power to bore through everything could kill him, who was born in the Abyss.

Fufufu... I taught you because I thought you would answer like that. I wanted to hear those words.

Why...

I've also taken his blade on my body several times, but he can't thrust his blade deeply into my body which has accumulated growth. If he's a monster, then I'm a monster too. How long do we have to continue fighting for this to end? At this rate, we'll have to continue fighting him here for eternity.

Perhaps because I wanted proof that I am mad.

What incomprehensible things are you saying! Shinza, he's coming!

It seems he changed his strategy. Intending to stop defending and launch an attack, he attempted a life-risking charge. If so, I will――I will likewise meet his attack by risking my life.

Stop! What are you thinking! Father, that is no good!

Zirant found out, but she has used up her power. I'll pass on an ending where we continue fighting here for eternity. I will defeat him with this single strike. I returned his charge with a charge, thrusting my ancestor's shovel like a spear, and plunged it into the chest of the bizarre monster.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me