Friday, July 31, 2026

[WN] Jitsuwa 3-Domedatta : Chapter 411


Chapter 411

(Kyle Calendar Year 515: Age 22)

Southern Front - Upon Returning


Translator : PolterGlast


In the end, just as Sieghart had said, we spent the ten days since that day at Big Bridge. This was because, with prisoners numbering as many as thirty thousand, a corresponding number of allied forces acting as a deterrent was necessary. On the tenth day, the allies who had scattered and fled in the southern part of the new territory, the units under the Third Prince's command that had been evacuated, and the army of Count Astray deployed to the west of Ende finally gathered, and the lineup of the Third Prince was renewed.

Big Bridge Stationed Army

  Big Bridge Garrison 10,000 men

  Joined Main Force and Southern Army 10,000 men

  Turned from the First Prince's Army 10,000 men

Units Already Dispatched to Various Fronts

  Dispatched across the Southern Region (Main Force) 5,000 cavalry

  Dispatched to the Western Border (Western Army) 10,000 men

  Dispatched to the Eastern Border (Eastern Army) 10,000 men

Others

  Demon Territory Dukedom Army 10,000 cavalry

  Eral Knight Kingdom Army 10,000 cavalry

On the day before our impending triumphant return, a meeting was set up to hold discussions based on the upcoming post-war processing.

Finally tomorrow, along with the Archduke who provided immense assistance in this battle, I too shall return in triumph to the Imperial Capital. While I was away, the fool (Glorious) stirred up quite a lot of things, after all. I will properly offer my formal thanks at a later date, but I wish to express my gratitude to the Archduke once again.

In response to the Third Prince saying so, Sieghart presented a catalog to me. What was written there was...

!!!

--------------- Post-War Reward Proposal ---------------

The Empire shall express its gratitude to Archduke-heika, the hero who saved the nation, and the Westlights Demon Territory Dukedom with the following, and shall forge an unchanging friendship going forward.

  Cession of Territory (Under Adjustment)

Excluding a portion of the direct control territories, the majority of the former Principality of Roland and, in addition to that, a portion of Imperial Territory shall be added.

  Payment of Rewards and Troop Dispatch Expenses

Although the specific monetary amount is under adjustment, a commensurate sum shall be paid by the Empire. This includes both the battles on the northern frontier of the Empire and the battles in the new Imperial Territory.

  Transfer of Spoils of War

Regarding the weaponry and armor captured through this battle, usable weaponry equivalent to twenty thousand men shall be transferred. Regarding the captured cavalry horses, including the 4,000 replacement horses arranged for the outward journey, a total of 16,000 cavalry horses shall be transferred. Furthermore, all rights regarding the spoils of war from the battles on the northern frontier of the Empire shall be transferred to the Westlights Demon Territory Dukedom.

  Transfer of Strategic Materials

Regarding the sugar harvested and processed in the new territory, an amount equivalent to one hundred horse-drawn carriages shall be transferred. Of the rice harvested at Big Bridge, rice grains equivalent to two blocks ( 2 km squared) shall be transferred. In addition to this, materials corresponding to the scale of the dispatched troops shall be supplemented anew as needed.

No... territories and rewards aside, I feel like I'm receiving way too much in terms of spoils of war and strategic materials... Even for the rice, by simple calculation, a harvest of two kilometers squared, estimating with Edo period yields (200 kg / 1 tan1), is roughly 400 tons. This is an amount that a considerable number of people can survive on as a staple food, you know?

1 tan ( or ) means a traditional Japanese unit of land area equal to approximately 991.7 square meters

For the time being, I apologize that it is meager compared to your military results. We plan to compensate for the shortfall with contents currently being drafted, so please wait a while for that. Also, other than the amount you can immediately transport, we will send everything else ourselves.

......

No... I don't think it's meager at all. You'll be needing materials like food and weaponry over there from now on too. Should I decline about half of it?

Also, among the prisoners, regarding those who can accompany the Archduke's triumphant return, I am thinking of handing them over to you as is. Sieghart, how did the hearings go?

Yes, out of the 2,000 Iron Cavalry who belonged to the rebel army, 1,500 men desire to migrate to the Dukedom. In addition to that, 500 general cavalry who belonged to the rebel army; if possible, 1,000 men from both groups whose wounds have healed will accompany Archduke-heika's triumphant return, and we will repatriate the remaining 1,000 men ourselves at a later date once their wounds have healed.

Hahaha... two thousand men in total, huh. I guess I should accept the rice after all. I'll have to feed them from now on, after all.

Sieghart, is that all?

Yes, that is all regarding the people of the Empire. In addition to that...

Hm? What does that mean? What is being added?

In addition to that, those whose lives were saved by Archduke-heika's Holy Mages, as well as those desiring the authentic, original Matsuyama, have appeared one after another...

Saying so, Sieghart was smiling wryly. Ah... I have a bad feeling about this. Could it be the gentlemen who worship the usual Marianne and Lanatoria? They are already married women, you know! Both belong to Raphael, though...

I thought it would truly be an imposition on Archduke-heika this time, so I limited it strictly to cavalry. We have selected 2,500 men from the Principality of Sura and 500 men from the Turncoat Kingdom, and are planning to arrange for a first batch of 2,000 men to be delivered after Archduke-heika's return, and the remaining 1,000 men at a later date. How is this?

......

No... you said that nonchalantly, but combined with the earlier talk, that's a total of 5,000 cavalry! So taking that into account, the rice is an amount equivalent for that number of people! Somehow, I feel like everything has been completely calculated out...

Takuhir-dono, what do you say? Anticipating that the new territory of the Westlights Demon Territory Dukedom will also become more than three times its previous size, I thought that at the very least, a corresponding number of new soldiers would be necessary...

It is certainly a welcome offer. It's a welcome offer, but... is it because I have a twisted personality that I can't just be straightforwardly happy about it? No! Having more manpower is definitely a good thing.

Thank you for your various considerations. I think I will straightforwardly accept Denka's goodwill this time, but what do you plan to do regarding the two countries (Principality of Sura and Turncoat Kingdom) from here on?

Right, neither country has the fighting strength left to defend their nation anymore. If the Third Prince feels like it, they would be destroyed in one fell swoop. Especially the Principality of Sura, which perished in the previous history.

This is on the premise of being a conversation at the current point in time... I will have the two countries receive a corresponding retribution, but I will not attack and destroy them. Sieghart, that is fine, correct?

Yes, destroying both countries is simple now. However, that would merely mean taking on new border lines and increasing the number of countries that are potential enemies. Aside from requisitioning some territory and strategic bases, it is best to have both countries pay massive post-war reparations, and in exchange for the Empire guaranteeing their safety from here on, have them pay a commensurate amount of taxes every year.

Saying so, Sieghart smiled fearlessly. I see... nasty. He'll keep them alive right on the brink, and in exchange, have them pay reparations and taxes while placing them under his protection.

I see... destroying them is simple, but governing them takes a corresponding amount of effort, I suppose. The Empire has already gained a vast territory in the form of the new territory, and from now on, the territories of the First Prince's faction within the Empire will also be left up in the air?

Exactly as you say. Therefore, coordinating with the triumphant return of Archduke-heika's army, we will have Denka lead five thousand cavalry and the ten thousand cavalry of the Eral Knight Kingdom Army to do some cleaning up within the Empire.

Hey! Are you speaking of me like a cleaner? I am the Next Emperor, for what it's worth, you know...

That is precisely why! If you don't hurry with the cleaning, we won't even be able to properly provide the reward to Archduke-heika. Furthermore, the stability of the Empire also leads to the stability of the Demon Territory Dukedom. We still have four countries on the north side that must be punished, after all! I will suppress the two countries in the south, so Denka, you have to work at least that much...

He is certainly right. Right now I believe in Alexis and the others and am trying not to think about it, but what is the war situation on the north side like? I don't think they would ever lose if they pull back to the defense line of Izumo, but its surroundings and even Sieghart's territory must be the front lines right now.

It is related to what Sieghart just said, but I would like to entrust this to the Archduke for the time being. Rather than a request from us, I think this will be useful as a just cause when a necessary situation arises.

I read over the letter offered while he said so, and tucked it into my breast pocket.

We have no intention of expanding the battle lines, and I hope a situation where this becomes necessary does not arise, but... I will hold onto it for the time being. Then, we will depart tomorrow for the time being, and hurriedly return to our homeland. As for what lies ahead, little by little...

Right, first of all, for the sake of the comrades who remained behind, I must hurry back this time. This time, marching proudly down the main highways of the Empire... My heart was already flying towards my comrades fighting in the far north.

 

<Reference: Summary of the Southern Front>

 

-------------------------------Imperial Army Third Prince Faction-------------------------------

Big Bridge Main Camp (10,000 men before start of war)

  Remaining Unit: 2,000 men

  Dispatched Unit: 8,000 men

Third Prince Main Force (20,000 cavalry before start of war)

  Current Fighting Strength: 5,000 cavalry

  Temporarily Evacuated: 3,000 cavalry

  Killed in Action or Missing: 12,000 cavalry (2,000 cavalry to join later)

Southern Army (10,000 men before start of war)

  Temporarily Evacuated: 4,000 men

  Killed in Action or Missing: 6,000 men (1,000 men to join later)

Other Regional Armies (20,000 men before start of war)

  Eastern Army: 10,000 men

  Western Army: 10,000 men

Returning Imperial Army

  Returning Soldiers: 10,000 men

  Prisoners, etc.: 3,000 men

 

-------------------------------Principality of Sura Army (70,000 at time of invasion)-------------------------------

  Third Prince Siege Loss ▼6,000 (64,000)

  First Siege Battle Loss ▼7,000 (57,000)

  Turncoat Battle Loss ▼4,000 (53,000)

  Pursuit Battle Loss ▼8,000 (45,000)

  Night Battle Loss (Wounded) 2,000

  Third Siege Battle Loss ▼12,000 (33,000)

  Prisoners from same ▼26,000 (7,000)

o   Of which wounded soldiers 17,000

  Deserters

o   Deserted in Pursuit Battle: 2,000

o   Deserted in Final Decisive Battle: 5,000

---------------------- Total -----------------------

  Deserted (Returned to country): 7,000

  Prisoners: 26,000

  Killed in Action: 37,000

 

-------------------------------Turncoat Kingdom Army (30,000)-------------------------------

  Second Siege Battle Loss ▼5,000 (25,000)

  Night Attack ▼13,000 (12,000)

o   Prisoners from same (Wounded) 3,000

  Battle with Third Prince ▼5,000 (7,000)

---------------------- Total -----------------------

  Deserted (Returned to country): 7,000

  Prisoners: 3,000

  Killed in Action: 20,000

-------------------------------First Prince's Army (30,000)-------------------------------

  Third Siege Battle Loss ▼17,000 (13,000)

o   Killed in action from same 4,000

o   Prisoners from same 3,000

o   Turncoats from same 10,000

  Scattered during escape ▼5,000 (8,000)

  Battle with Eral Knight Kingdom ▼8,000 (0)

o   Killed in action from same 3,000

o   Surrendered (Prisoners) from same 5,000

---------------------- Total -----------------------

  Deserted: 5,000

  Prisoners: 8,000

  Killed in Action: 7,000

  Turned coat: 10,000

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me