10
If she acted completely opposite like this in an attempt to
change the future, Candice might be able to avoid going down the same
path. It was simple, but it likely meant that if she did the opposite of the
life where she died, there was no way she could die. She figured that if she
did everything completely opposite to what she had done up until now, she would
be able to survive.
(I just have to do the exact opposite
of my actions up until now. If I do that…… if I do that, there is absolutely no
way I will die!)
Candice resolved
herself to do so. The two maids remained silent without saying a word. Even
with this kind of reaction, she didn't know what was correct. Because she had
never once gauged another person's mood before. After a brief silence, Candice
opened her mouth to issue an instruction to the maids.
「More importantly, I am thirsty, so
please prepare some tea!」
「W-We will bring it right away.」
「We will dispose of the chair that
injured Imperial Princess-sama, so please do not worry!」
The maids probably thought they should act before Candice's
mind changed. They immediately sprang into action.
「Imperial Princess-sama…… forgave us?」
Simultaneous with that muttering that sounded like a
soliloquy, the Head Maid's glasses made a clinking sound and fell to the
floor. When Candice got off the bed, picked up the glasses, and handed
them to her, she contorted her face as if frightened, bowed her head
vigorously, and then left the room. Getting angry at that attitude, she was
about to complain, but clamped her mouth shut, realizing that if she did,
things would be the same as before.
(I forgot to ask their names…… Come to think of it, have I
ever remembered the names of mere maids?)
Thinking that, she cast her eyes down. Generally, when
calling a maid, she would summon them by saying 『You』
or 『Hey, you
over there』. This was
because Candice's maids were replaced so rapidly that she didn't think
there was any need to remember their names one by one. The maids would quit
right away regardless. It was a given that if they made a blunder, they would
be immediately cut loose. Because she thought remembering them was just a waste
of time. At this point, Candice considered what it would mean to do the
exact opposite of what she had done until now.
(The opposite of 〝disposable maids〟 is 〝staying with the same maids forever〟……!? Th-There's no way I could possibly do something that
difficult!)
The maids set out the tea with hurried movements. However,
every time the tableware made a clinking sound and they committed a blunder,
she endured the urge to beat them by tightly gripping her dress. And she regretted
the resolve she had made just a moment ago.
(Of all things, staying forever with
such useless maids is definitely impossible! They look way more incompetent
than the ones I've seen up until now……)
Candice was
regretting with all her might the decision she had made to 『do the exact opposite of what she
had done up until now』.
While ignoring the maids who looked curiously at her sipping the highly
astringent tea, she asked them to leave her alone in the room so she could once
again think about what to do from here on out.
(In order to live from now on, what should I do?)
She thought while comparing things against Candice's
memories up until now. She still felt like this world might be a dream.
However, the warmth of the black tea and the lingering pain in her head told
her that this was reality.
(Why did I return to the past, I
wonder?)
Right now, she didn't seem able to get into a very positive mood. The scenery of that time appeared in Candice's head over and over again, as if trying to torment her. She couldn't help but feel that way. Even though she supposedly hadn't felt anything at that time, it felt like the sensation of tearing flesh with a rapier still lingered, making her suffer. To escape from this agony, she had to take a different path. The answer Candice came up with for that purpose was simple and clear. First of all, the first thing was 『do not kill anyone』.
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Xavier O'Donoghue
Anton Lim
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Sébastien Dionne
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----
