Monday, August 3, 2026

[WN] The Evil Imperial Princess : 11


11


The second is to take actions completely opposite to before. Not killing my siblings goes without saying, but my goal is to be a Good Imperial Princess who never lays a hand on anyone. If I do that, it should be highly unlikely for me to go down the same path.

But, I wonder if I can really do such a thing……

Will I be able to survive in this palace without wielding a weapon? The First Imperial Prince, Maxence, who has a rough temperament just like Candice, is four years older than Candice and is currently nine years old. Right now, he is a pure-hearted boy who genuinely seeks strength and is devoted to swordsmanship practice. As Maxence grew up, he too would cut people down without mercy.

That man had an abnormal obsession with strength…… though I can't say I find it beautiful.

Candice eliminated anything that displeased her, but Maxence was merciless toward the weak. In other words, weakness was an evil. He was solely obsessed with strength, constantly forging himself. That was the influence of his grandfather, the commander-in-chief of the military, and it seemed Maxence was heavily affected by it. Candice could not understand Maxence's feelings. She simply thought of him as a pitiful man possessed by strength, while simultaneously feeling both a sense of affinity and disgust toward him. Now, she can understand the reason for that. Maxence was obsessed with strength, and Candice was obsessed with their father.

I hadn't realized it until now, but Maxence-oniisama and I were two of a kind.

The Second Imperial Prince, Luca, is a timid prince who loves books. He is two years older than Candice at seven years old, a pure-hearted boy who still accompanies his mother to church to offer prayers, but before long, he will begin shutting himself in his room and immerse himself in the study of poisons. Great expectations were placed upon him by his mother, but due to his reserved personality, he was called a failure. Living in the Royal Palace, being made a fool of and teased by Maxence and Candice, he loses even more confidence. Though Luca was twisted and gloomy, she did not dislike him, as he was easily bossed around. In fact, even while showing reluctance, Luca often listened to Candice's orders. Because Luca was faint-hearted and could not defy Candice or Maxence.

I weakened Maxence-oniisama with the poison Luca-oniisama made and then killed him…… I still remember it well.

Afterward, Candice killed Luca, who had cooperated with her, with a rapier. She dragged the two of them to the party and showed her achievements to her father.

……Just what have I done, I wonder.

Only now does she realize the foolishness of her own actions. She didn't know why she had done such a thing, but Candice had been driven solely by the desire to be acknowledged by her father. The Third Imperial Prince, Arthur, is one year younger than Candice and is currently four years old. He is harmless for now, and even as he grows up, he never enters Candice's field of vision. It is almost a wonder that he grew up in this palace without becoming twisted.

That maid who was always by Arthur's side…… Is it because of that woman?

Situationally close to Candice, he too was not raised receiving his mother's love, yet Arthur did not immediately fire his maids like Candice did. With his wet nurse acting as a surrogate mother, he likely came to know love. At this current stage, Candice is not involved with any of her siblings. And her father, Valentin, absolutely never approaches Candice in the first place. At this time, she does not yet yearn for her father. Candice only dreamed of being able to meet her frail mother. For now, the only thing she has to be careful about is probably her own behavior. Doing the exact opposite, that is the most difficult part, however……

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me