20
At the male waiter's question, Candice tilted her
head.
「I went out of my way to bring him
here with the intention of eating together with Arthur from now on!」
「Does that mean…… you do not mean to
flaunt the sight of you eating to him?」
「──Huh!?」
When Candice raised her voice in surprise, both the
male waiter and the chef trembled.
Looking around, she felt gazes that seemed to say everyone
had naturally assumed Candice would do such a thing.
Come to think of it, she remembered that Candice used
to love doing this kind of harassment.
『Guess what I want to do and act
accordingly!』
This was also one of Candice's catchphrases.
However, for the current Candice, who possessed
memories of receiving endless harassment inside the dungeon, remembering what
she had done made her shudder.
In other words, it seemed the waiters had interpreted it as
her trying to flaunt Candice's luxury to Arthur and acted
accordingly.
That was why neither a plate nor tableware was prepared in
front of Arthur.
Now understanding the reason why Jeanne had been
holding back her anger, Candice told them to gather the chefs and
waiters.
After confirming that everyone had gathered, Candice
slowly opened her mouth.
「I am putting an end to my childish
selfishness!」
「「「!?」」」
「From now on, I will eat what is
served, and there is no need to prepare an excessive amount of food!」
At Candice's words, the trays and cloths they were
holding fell with clattering and fluttering sounds.
「I have done terrible things to Arthur
up until now, but I am thinking that I might not mind getting along with him
from now on!」
At Candice's words, everyone was so astounded that
their jaws looked like they might drop off, but Candice herself leaned
back and looked proud.
That was a necessary action not for Arthur's sake, but
for the sake of her own future.
Her declaring that she wouldn't be picky with her food was
one thing, but they probably couldn't believe that she said she would get along
with Arthur.
When Candice once again asked the male waiter to
prepare Arthur's tableware, the stunned waiter hurriedly lined up a
knife and fork in front of Arthur.
It was when Candice, feeling relieved that the path
to the death penalty had receded, was about to eat the food.
「C-Candice, Imperial
Princess-sama, the food has gone cold, so I will remake it!」
The chef said so in a panic.
However, Candice gave a small shake of her head from
side to side.
「It is fine. This is fine as it is.」
「N-No way, Imperial Princess-sama!」
「But, Imperial Princess-sama……!」
The chefs probably thought they would later be blamed by Candice
for serving cold food.
Seeing them take off their chef hats and tremble as if a
taut thread had snapped, she began to feel a little apologetic.
Besides, they seemed surprised that Candice, who had
never put any vegetables in her mouth up until now, took the salad in her hand.
Up until now, the salad had merely been placed there for
color.
Candice sent a
fleeting glance at the vegetable salad she absolutely never touched normally.
(If I recall correctly, my fiancé Georges
often told me that it is better for the body to eat these leaves, but I wonder
if that's true……)
Unlike Georges, who ate a well-balanced diet, Candice
only ate meat and sweet things.
She remembered that Louise had also once expressed
her opinion to Candice that she should eat a well-balanced diet.
(Balance this, balance that; this is just something the lower classes eat to fill their stomachs, isn't it? Even if I don't eat such a thing……hk!)
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Xavier O'Donoghue
Anton Lim
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Sébastien Dionne
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----
