Tuesday, August 25, 2026

[WN] The Evil Imperial Princess : 35


35


That is my line! How is it that I will suddenly be able to meet Okaa-sama when I haven't been able to meet her up until now?

Th-That is…… there are various circumstances.

Somehow, Ojiisama's words keep changing over and over, so I cannot trust you.

……hk!

From next time, I will ask Otou-sama directly to send my letters to Okaa-sama, so Ojiisama does not need to come see me anymore. Well then, good day.

W-Wait, Candice! Candice──!

Candice ignored Duke Radziwill's voice calling her to stop and left the room. Eva and Rose were bewildered, looking back and forth between Duke Radziwill in the room and Candice.

Ohohoho! You can just go ahead and chew on the reality that things won't go as you please!

Candice was laughing loudly in her heart. Even though she said he didn't need to come anymore, he would probably still come to the White Palace to check on Candice's condition, but as long as it wasn't urgent, there was probably no need to meet and talk directly with Duke Radziwill.

Returning to her room feeling refreshed, Candice sipped her black tea, completely unaware that her own destiny had greatly changed.

The next day, as Candice was having a meal together with Arthur as usual, she heard Arthur say, I want to read a book, and something clicked for Candice. She thought she would teach Arthur how to read and write next.

Come to think of it, because it was a hassle, I had never been to the archives or anything. Let's try going together with Arthur this time.

Recently, it had been becoming a joy for Candice to take Arthur along to various places, so immediately after finishing breakfast, they moved to the giant archives located in the Violet Palace.

Candice rarely ever left the White Palace, and when she was young, she never came to the archives in the Violet Palace. The reason was simple: she had absolutely no interest in books and didn't read them. If there was something she wanted to read, she would ask a maid and have them go fetch it. Moreover, in order to silence Duke Radziwill, she thought she had to at least pretend to be studying on her own a little.

Because I learned that dresses and jewels won't save me. I have to get stronger from now on, and I have to study too, so being an Imperial Princess isn't easy either……!

However, gaining strength from now on so as not to be condemned is a must. Up until now, she had the instructors prepared by Duke Radziwill, but if possible, someone uninfluenced by the Duke would be preferable. Candice's situation was completely leaked to him, and if she tried to slack off, Duke Radziwill would show up. She remembered that it was a repetition of that. And although she had been immersed in studying every day around this time, she was grateful that she started looking outside like this and broadened her horizons.

It would be great if I could actually rely on Otou-sama, but…… it's absolutely impossible, huh.

Although she was the one who used his name, Candice was shunned and hated by her father. Knowing that, she feels hesitant to go out of her way to approach him. Besides, seeing that expression, Candice was crazy for thinking she was liked.

A future where I am loved by Otou-sama is impossible.

Besides, it is abundantly clear that her father already hates Candice from this current stage. The fact that he never came to see Candice even once despite being together with Louise so much is proof of that.

Just the thought of approaching and begging such a person makes her shudder, but when she thinks about how she used to storm into the Violet Palace and curry favor with him whenever there was an opening before, she feels a sense of disbelief.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me