Tuesday, August 25, 2026

[WN] The Evil Imperial Princess : 34


34


I wanted to meet Okaa-sama, but if I cannot meet her, I give up already. Besides, my new maids, Eva and Rose, treat me like older sisters, so I am not lonely.

When she brought up Eva and Rose's names, the two had clasped their hands in joy, but Duke Radziwill glared at them as if to say, "Do not do anything unnecessary".

The two gave a large start, their shoulders trembling, and looked at Candice pleadingly.

Candice continued talking as if to deflect Duke Radziwill's attention.

If I cannot be praised directly by Okaa-sama, there is no meaning in my trying my best, so the instructors Ojiisama prepares are unnecessary.

Wh-What did you say!?

She looked at Duke Radziwill, who seemed ready to fly into a rage at any moment, but he didn't seem likely to back down easily.

Here, Candice played a certain trump card.

I am thinking of consulting Otou-sama regarding everything about instructors and personal matters.

His Majesty the Emperor……?

Duke Radziwill's bright red face returned to normal in an instant.

Well, relying on Otou-sama would be absolutely impossible, though!

Just remembering those cold eyes looking at Candice gave her goosebumps. She felt as if a sharp pain pierced her neck.

Even if it was a lie, she thought this was the only way to make Duke Radziwill back down.

Candice stood up with a child-like, sweet smile.

She didn't need to meet her mother. She would ask the Emperor for instructors. With this, there was no room left for Duke Radziwill to exploit her, and Candice was highly satisfied.

Is that all you have to say? I am busy, so I shall excuse myself here for today.

Wait, Candice!

……What is it?

Candice cast a fleeting glance backward.

Duke Radziwill must be dissatisfied that not a single thing went as he pleased. Compared to when he entered the room, his face was grim and he looked like he would burst into anger at any moment.

It wasn't something Candice could say, but Duke Radziwill was also quite short-tempered and got angry quickly. Looking only at that, she thought they were exactly alike. However, just when she thought he would burst into anger, perhaps he remembered he was dealing with a child. He cleared his throat and then faced her.

If you can meet your mother, you will try your best, will you not……?

I wonder. If I could meet her, I might have felt motivated. However, did Ojiisama not just say earlier that it was impossible?

When Candice said so, Duke Radziwill showed signs of contemplating.

Don't tell me…… he intends to say he will let me meet my mother now of all times?

As Candice waited for his words, he spoke exactly as she predicted.

Understood. In that case, I will let you meet your mother!

Candice glared at Duke Radziwill.

Wasn't he just planning to say her condition worsened right before they met, and not let them meet again? For the time being, he would probably spout any lie as long as Candice did as he pleased.

Or did he think that if he said this, Candice would rejoice and start listening to him again? Such thoughts were transparently visible from his lips that twisted into a smirk. However, Candice thought.

As I thought, I must not trust Ojiisama. He only tells lies to make me obey and use me. I am no longer the stupid me from back then…… you can just go ahead and regret this.

Candice had to make him realize that she would no longer do as he pleased. Candice took a deep breath before answering.

───I decline!

At Candice's words, Duke Radziwill opened his mouth wide in shock. However, he immediately asked Candice in a loud voice.

Why is that, Candice!

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me