Thursday, August 27, 2026

[WN] Jitsuwa 3-Domedatta : Chapter 434

Chapter 434

(Kyle Calendar Year 515: Age 22)

First Time in the Imperial Capital


Translator : PolterGlast


Three months after returning in triumph from the three-country expedition, exactly as promised, I departed Kusanagi accompanied by Miseri to attend the new Emperor's accession ceremony and the awards ceremony for distinguished services in the Imperial Capital Griffin. Some time had passed since the battle ended, but through the messenger sent by Sieghart, I learned of the Third Prince's difficult position—the two incidents that occurred in the Imperial Capital, their details, and the new sources of conflict they birthed. Because of that, honestly speaking, I was even doubting whether the awards ceremony could even be held. By the way, the sources of conflict the Empire still harbors are...

·         One. The Emperor died an incomprehensible death, the culprit is still unknown, and the Empire is still in the vortex of confusion.

·         Two. Among the disgruntled nobles, suspicion of the Emperor's assassination is directed at the Third Prince.

·         Three. In the midst of this confusion, the First Prince fled; his whereabouts are still unknown and he has not been captured.

·         Four. Taking this situation as a good opportunity, those who would be implicated by the rebellion began to move all at once, and are largely uniting under an anti-Third Prince banner.

Therefore, the political situation within the Empire has become unstable, and they are desperately proceeding with countermeasures. It was explained that holding the Emperor's accession ceremony and the awards ceremony this time was not because the Empire had stabilized, but expecting political effects. The objectives of that are...

·         One. To show off friendly relations with neighboring countries starting with the Westlights Demon Territory Dukedom, and suppress the hostile factions that are still maneuvering.

·         Two. At this late stage, to smoke out those who oppose the Emperor's will at the awards ceremony, politically publicly execute them as those unable to read the times, and whittle down the opposition faction's power.

For that purpose as well, I ask that Archduke-heika please attend the accession ceremony as a sworn ally supporting the new Emperor, and participate in the awards ceremony as a venue for us to express our gratitude anew.

In the letter sent by Sieghart upon inviting me as a state guest, it was added as such. Well, I had received an invitation from the Third Prince since before, and feeling that if I could contribute to the stability of his governance it would be a blessing, I agreed to participate in the accession ceremony with a ready answer, but I understood that the situation was not one where going to the Imperial Capital for sightseeing would be fulfilled. It seems we are scheduled to be in a position to receive gratitude from the Empire (new Emperor) anew for the subjugation of both the rebel army and the invading army on this occasion, but it seems the situation is such that even the degree of that will be difficult. Partly due to such circumstances, the accompanying personnel were a corresponding number, aligning an elite five thousand cavalry of the Demon Territory Knights led by the Commander. In addition, joining our column were Clarisse-denka as the representative envoy of the Kyle Kingdom, which had also received an invitation, and five thousand cavalry of the Royal Capital Knights led by Knight Commander Gouras serving as her escort.

It seems the Empire is in a situation where optimism is not permitted; we too shall coordinate with Gouras-dono   and exercise utmost caution.

Right. Precisely because of this situation, we need to become the backing for the new Emperor, you see.

When I said so, I unintentionally smiled wryly. Someone like me, the backing for the Emperor of the Empire? I'm saying something pretty grandiose myself, huh. Moreover, towards the person at the top of the country that destroyed the Kyle Kingdom and took my life in the previous history. I fought desperately to protect my family and comrades, but looking back, compared to when I first started redoing things in my third life, I am now in a position I couldn't even imagine. Of course, there are many other things I couldn't even imagine either, though...

We were supposed to join up with Clarisse-denka's party in Kusanagi and head for the Imperial Capital together guided by Count Durul, but... for some reason there were those who joined that column as well.

My friend, to enter the Imperial Capital riding side-by-side with you, it has become quite an interesting development.

......

I mean, you know... is it really okay for the King of a country to come out so casually! When I saw their column visiting Kusanagi, I had a bad premonition, though. From the Principality of Fearalt, which had similarly been invited to the accession ceremony, Marquis Flame as a special envoy and five thousand cavalry of the Royal Guard Division, including three hundred of the Magic Corps, had been dispatched, but... I mean, the Division Commander Krugel leading the Royal Guard Division... who exactly are you talking about! This time too, that King has disguised himself as the Division Commander and come out incognito again! How am I supposed to cover for this from here on? Seriously, give me a break...

Krugel-heika, how is this acceptable as the King of a country?

Hahaha, isn't my friend also a King in charge of a country now? If so, I think we are equals now? Since the Archduke is participating for the Demon Territory Dukedom, there shouldn't be any problem with Kings of other countries participating either.

Well... it's not like I, who was saved by Heika's light footwork, am in a position to say anything, but you don't intend to participate in the accession ceremony just like that as the Royal Guard Division Commander, do you?

As expected, I think that would be bad. But this person is a master of incognito, and this time Marquis Flame also had a look of resignation.

Hahaha, I'm on terms with the new Emperor where we previously exchanged cups in Kusanagi and Teigoon, after all. As expected, I'll be participating in the congratulatory banquet as King, and I've conveyed that matter privately through the return messenger.

If that's the case... well, it's fine, though. Actually, there are those in my camp who are participating incognito, so I'm not in a position to say anything about Krugel-heika, after all.

My, for the two of you who are Kings to be talking so happily... I would like to join the conversation as well.

I mean, the Princess who happily brought her horse closer—normally, it's an unprecedented story for an unmarried Princess to go out as an envoy to another country, you know! Though there are already two previous convictions... It seems there was a great dispute on the Kyle Kingdom side over who to dispatch as a special envoy despite receiving the invitation from the Empire. Of course, the tomboy apparently raised her hand before anyone else, but the King and those around her were strongly opposed, it seems. In the end, while the King himself participating was hesitated upon, there was no appropriate person...

Since there's an excellent driver, he'll handle the tomboy well.

When such an opinion came from some raccoon dog somewhere, it seems the dispatch of Denka was reluctantly decided, but... who exactly is the excellent driver!

My, sighing even though it's a long-awaited journey?

I was just slightly struck by the harmonious sight of you two.

That's obvious. From my perspective, I'm in the position of having been asked to look after you, after all. The two of them are making a big fuss as if it's a honeymoon, no, a premarital trip, but. No, the Kyle Kingdom side doesn't know of Krugel-heika's participation, and in the unlikely event the story of a premarital trip gets out, it'll become a huge uproar involving Heika again. Seriously... it's a headache-inducing story.

My? Isn't Archduke-heika exactly the same as us?

???

No, right... I don't want to admit it, but am I the same kind? Yoltia has duties as a Mage, but Miseri is here in accordance with our previous promise... Indeed, I feel like I told her it was for sightseeing in the Imperial Capital... However, the one I'm accompanied by is my legitimate wife, the Archduchess! This is absolutely different! Come to think of it, in the end, everyone who pledged to meet again in Kusanagi that day has gathered again changing the location, haven't they. Is this also karmic destiny?

Umm... is it alright for us to be beside you, Takuhir-sama?

To the harmonious two lining their horses up on my right side, Miseri, who was running alongside on my left side, spoke to me in a small voice. This time, Miseri and Yoltia are accompanying me as Archduchesses, but Yoltia also has duties as a Mage, and although she is a companion, she is expected to be part of the fighting strength. On the other hand, Miseri is accompanying me strictly in the position of Archduchess this time, and Yuka volunteered to oversee the domestic affairs of Termira in her absence. Yoltia has visited the Principality twice, so she has some immunity to Krugel-heika and the tomboy, but Miseri is different. In addition, externally, the fact that they are in the position of being (or planning to be) the same as the Princess of their former homeland, the Kyle Kingdom, as the Archduchesses of the Principality, was making them overly tense. They probably still can't completely come to terms with this part, but they just have to get used to it. Because even now, I feel embarrassed being called King, and feel somewhat restless, after all.

When the march had proceeded partway, Count Kamin, who was ordered to act as the host on the journey, also joined us, and with five thousand cavalry from each of the three countries and two thousand cavalry from the Empire side, making a total of seventeen thousand cavalry, the party headed for the Imperial Capital. After several more days of traveling from then on, we finally arrived at the Imperial Capital Griffin, and passed through the city gates that boasted a majestic appearance several times larger compared to the Royal Capital of the Kyle Kingdom.

Westlights Demon Territory Dukedom Archduke Takuhir-heika, and the Kyle Kingdom Special Envoy / Principality of Fearalt Special Envoy Party, have arrived!

When it was loudly declared, music rang out all at once, and a flower shower of tens of thousands scattered in the sky in welcome, but... Huh? What is this feeling of déjà vu...

Coming all this way, welcome to the Imperial Capital Griffin. I respectfully express my gratitude.

Saying so, a single person I knew well, clad in military uniform, knelt in the center of the main street. Moreover, the streets of the Imperial Capital had been swept beautifully clean, single-stem flowers were arranged in front of where the populace lined up on the left and right behind human walls of soldiers, and that continued endlessly ahead. I mean... you even know about this! Yes, because this was in the exact same style as the flower path where I welcomed the King of Kyle in Teigoon in the past. Krugel-heika, Clarisse-denka, and Sieghart were silently staring intently at me, who was dumbfounded. Huh? Did something happen? Could it be... is that it? Because it's disproportionate to my stature, I dislike it, but. Nominally I am the highest-ranking person, so does that mean everyone is not speaking until I open my mouth? It's troublesome but it can't be helped; I made up my mind and opened my mouth.

Good work on such a heartfelt welcome! Will you also convey to Grat-dono  , who will newly become Emperor, that I am filled with gratitude?

Ha, with gratitude!

After saying so and bowing his head, Sieghart floated a smile from his solemn expression for just an instant. To dare produce a welcome in our style, this must surely be his consideration and his mischievousness.

Then from here on, I will guide everyone from each country who has favored us with their attendance. I will guide everyone from the Westlights Demon Territory Dukedom, and serve as the person in charge of security. Count Durul will guide the envoy party of the Kyle Kingdom, and Count Kamin will guide the envoy party of the Principality of Fearalt, and each will serve as the person in charge of security.

I see. So individuals who know us well and whom we can feel secure with will be the persons in charge of security. This must also be a part of their consideration. However, I think Count Durul and Count Kamin will have no end of worries during their stay, though... Because it's a Princess with a previous conviction of sneaking out selfishly and returning in the morning, and a King who is a master of incognito, after all. I let out a large sigh, alternately looking at the persons in charge of security with their solemn faces, and the two with their prim faces.

My? That's a gaze with some implication, but is there something about us?

Tch, sharp-eyed. I should give them a warning as a driver just in case.

Selfish actions like in Salaam are forbidden. Because it will also become a matter of responsibility for the security personnel, you know. Especially since you are visiting as diplomatic envoys this time, going out without permission is absolutely out of the question!

Hey! Why are you blatantly looking away! Were you perhaps intending to fully enjoy the first night (in the Imperial Capital) this time as well?

Heika, I'm relying on you too! This is the Empire, you know.

Hahaha, my friend also has no end of worries. But I promise, there will be no going out together.

Hearing those words, Marquis Flame who was in the back also floated an expression of blatant relief. However, I had not understood the true meaning pointed to by Heika's words. And then... from the first night before the formal event of meeting the new Emperor the next day, my anxieties would hit the mark. In a form exceeding what I imagined...

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me