Thursday, August 27, 2026

[WN] Jitsuwa 3-Domedatta : Chapter 435


Chapter 435

(Kyle Calendar Year 515: Age 22)

The Ties of Friendship Among Five Nations


Translator : PolterGlast


We were guided by Sieghart to our lodgings—or rather, a place that made one wonder, Isn't this a corner of the Inner Palace? In front of the detached palace assigned as our lodgings, there was a garden lined with security guards and currently unused tents.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but this location is adjacent to the barracks of the Royal Guards directly subordinate to the Emperor. Tents can be pitched right in front, and the accompanying soldiers can rush over immediately, so...

Indeed... Firstly, no matter how much it is the Imperial Capital, there is no lodging large enough to accommodate the five thousand accompanying cavalry together. If that's the case, the soldiers would either have to disperse or lodge at a distant location. If that happens, the escort becomes meaningless, and our lives and deaths would be in their hands.

Regarding the escort soldiers, we have prepared tents for several hundred people in the courtyard, and as lodgings for the rest, we have opened up the Royal Guard barracks. I believe this will suffice for the three countries to use...

By the way, what about the Royal Guards?

Their barracks have been vacated in conjunction with your visit this time. Besides, they are soldiers directly subordinate to the previous Emperor, so...

I see, so that's the reason? The Royal Guards are a unit directly subordinate to the Emperor, which means the current Royal Guards are not soldiers directly subordinate to the Third Prince, but soldiers of the previous Emperor. Does this mean the Third Prince's camp doesn't trust the Royal Guards either?

The vast majority of the Royal Guards have been incorporated into the garrison forces of the new territories. Those with promise have been scouted as new Royal Guards and are currently out guarding the outer perimeter of the Imperial Capital.

Originally, the Royal Guards are in a position to rush to the Emperor's side and protect him in times of emergency; therefore, they are stationed near the residence where the Emperor lives. So in this case, their barracks are located in the most convenient position.

Is Grat-dono  okay with that? He'll be completely exposed.

Come to think of it, it's a strange story. Because if we felt like it, he would be surrounded by as many as fifteen thousand soldiers.

Yes, it is a fact that such opinions were raised. However, Heika said... I can feel far more secure surrounded by the soldiers of the Archduke, who is a benefactor of my life and trustworthy even on the battlefield, than by Royal Guards of my own family whose true colors are unknown! He boasted as such, so...

......

Hahaha, he's an unconventional Emperor in various places, isn't he. Though, most of the soldiers he can trust are stationed in the new southern territories. That's understandable too.

Then I will go confirm the deployments and security arrangements in various places. Please relax comfortably until dinner time, and after dinner, I would like to have Archduke-heika's time for tomorrow's meeting as well.

Hahaha, sorry for the trouble. By the way, will Sieghart-dono  be on security duty the whole time?

Yes, there are many things I personally wish to ask about during your stay, and for that purpose, I voluntarily requested to be the person in charge of security for the detached palace where Archduke-heika is staying. Because I too have been looking forward to hearing stories from Archduke-heika for a long time.

Saying so, Sieghart left with a smile across his entire face. I see, so he volunteered because he wants to satisfy his own intellectual curiosity? Well, it's probably not just that, but I wonder what on earth he's going to ask... With such thoughts, we unpacked our travel gear, washed off the dust of the journey, rested, and then savored a perfectly arranged dinner. And then... After dinner, an anticipated—no, an event exceeding expectations occurred.

Takuhir-sama, Marquis Kampfer has come requesting a meeting... what shall we do?

After dinner, while chatting pleasantly on the terrace of the detached palace with Miseri, Yoltia, the Commander, and two others, Sigur came to report in a flustered manner. Already from the first day? I suppressed the wry smile that almost surfaced on my face and told Sigur:

Then could you invite them here?

Umm... all of them? I hastily guided them to a room downstairs where they could sit, and they are waiting, but...

Eh? What do you mean? By all of them, don't tell me... I hurriedly dashed downstairs.

......

My anxieties hit the mark splendidly, and a prominent lineup of members was arrayed there. I mean... we've been together so much up until now, to come visiting so soon, just how lonely are you guys!

Fufufu, exactly as promised, we didn't sneak out selfishly.

Behind Clarisse-denka, who laughed with a smug face, stood Knight Commander Gouras, who looked entirely troubled. You didn't sneak out selfishly, but it's obvious just from looking that you forced your way out.

I too followed the agreement with my friend, and didn't sneak out just the two of us.

That is certainly true, but Marquis Flame also had a look of resignation... no, he looked as if he was floating a slight expression of relief that they didn't sneak out selfishly.

Actually, following the requests of the guests, we too have completed preparations to set up a venue. Because this detached palace has such facilities as well.

I mean, does that mean everything was anticipated beforehand? Well, for my part, it's reassuring in a way to be able to secure these two within my line of sight, but. Following Sieghart's guidance, we passed through the gazebo in the backyard of the detached palace and walked to the adjacent building. And there, further...

Hahaha, kept you waiting! I express my gratitude for responding to the invitation and coming all the way to Griffin this time, and have set up a modest welcome venue. First, let us exchange cups with sworn allies!

The one waiting was the Third Prince, who will formally become Emperor at the accession ceremony the day after tomorrow. Hahaha... it's no use being surprised anymore. I too decided to just go with it and gave my greetings.

I'm glad to see Grat-denka looking well too. I thought the formal greetings would be tomorrow.

Of course this isn't formal either, and the strict customs of the court don't suit my nature. I wanted to converse casually with the Archduke just like at the Big Bridge and Kusanagi, so I had a venue set up.

Well, I can understand that too. Hindered by the face of the country and various ties on both sides, we can't speak our true feelings in a formal setting either. Right away, Krugel-heika and Clarisse-denka, who were acquaintances with the Third Prince, finished their simple greetings and have already begun chatting pleasantly. I somewhat feel like I've fallen into everyone's speculations, but I decided to utilize this opportunity as well. The Commander and I are acquaintances with everyone, but Miseri and Yoltia who were following behind had not met everyone participating. In addition, there were two people who were probably meeting everyone for the first time... I headed towards the place where the three were talking, leading four people.

Taking this opportunity, I would like to introduce them to everyone. First, the one waiting here is my wife Miseri; because she was mainly overseeing domestic affairs, she never went out to the battlefield, but she is the keystone supporting the domestic affairs and economy of our country.

If I recall correctly... this should be Miseri's first time speaking face-to-face with anyone other than Clarisse-denka. Regarding Denka as well, it was only to the extent of exchanging greetings, and at that time she wasn't in the position of Archduchess, but a mere baron.

I-It is my first time obtaining an audience with both Heikas. I am Miseri, one of the Archduke's wives. Please treat me well from here on out.

Extremely nervous, Miseri managed to say only that much and froze with her whole body completely stiff.

Hahaha, right now my friend is also the master of a country and equal in rank to me. Since his wife is in the same position as Clarisse-dono , please treat us without reserve. Besides, the one here right now is a mere Royal Guard Division Commander. Please call me Krugel without reserve.

Certainly. I too am in the position of having my life and the destiny of the Empire saved by the Archduke. It would be appreciated if the benefactor's wife could treat us without reserve. Could you also call me Grat?

A... such a thing... no, certainly.

Although she replied for the time being, Miseri seemed bewildered as to how she should act. It's no wonder...

This is why the two of you have too little self-awareness. Even if you say that, you are the Emperor-heika and a King-heika, after all. But Miseri-san, I am in the same position as you as an Archduchess officially, so it would help if you could call me Clarisse without reserve. As fellow companions, please treat me well from here on out.

Even being told that by a tomboy who lacks the self-awareness of a Princess... Miseri is at a loss for a reply too.

Y... yes, Clarisse-sama, thank you very much.

Next I introduced Yoltia, but she has always followed the army and been by my side, is accompanying me as the special envoy's wife to the Principality of Fearalt, and has exchanged cups of sake with Krugel-heika. She has also been introduced to the Third Prince at the Big Bridge and is somewhat familiar with him, so she was able to exchange greetings flawlessly to some extent. Though... she was tense in front of the tomboy, but I think this can't be helped. And next, I introduced the people who were my original objective to the three of them.

Taking this opportunity, please let me introduce them to everyone. The individuals who became our friends through this turmoil: the new King of the newly reborn Lute-Vile-Cain Kingdom, King Crajyu, who was the former First Prince of the Lute Kingdom, and the prospective Queen, Alicia-denka, the former Third Princess of the Cain Kingdom.

「「「!!!」」」

As expected, even the three of them were surprised by this introduction, and froze for just an instant. But I considered that making the Empire side acknowledge and trust these two was the fastest post-war processing. For that purpose, I had secretly brought along the new King and prospective Queen who united the three countries. As a prelude to that, without us needing to maneuver in secret, the two of them got together just as speculated after liberating the three countries. Listening to the two of them, while there are political aspects convenient as rulers, as a major premise, it was a result of harboring goodwill towards each other's personalities. Even more so since Princess Alicia not only possesses the elegance of royalty, but is also sharp-minded, and on top of that, quite a beauty. The First Prince who was excellent but alienated as a successor, the Third Princess who could not abandon the people and remained in the Royal Capital participating in battle; both were heretical existences since their days as royalty, and somehow they resemble a certain couple that already got together, sharing commonalities.

First of all, to apologize for the invasion of Imperial Territory this time, we two insolently represent our respective countries and present ourselves before Grat-denka. The invasion this time is the responsibility of us two, and we intend to accept any punishment, but please, we ask that you grant lenient punishments to the soldiers and the citizens.

Saying so, the two of them bowed their heads deeply to the Third Prince.

Fumu... I have already heard that the Kings of the three countries received their retribution for invading and were punished. As the Empire, we consider the matter settled there, so no further apologies are necessary. It is partly because of the Archduke's introduction, but I also understood well from your words just now that the two of you are appropriate as rulers.

Saying so, the Third Prince smiled towards me. I didn't prep them, you know. Because originally they were saying similar words to me and trying to bear the crimes, after all.

I will also guarantee that point. Both are outstanding figures, and I think we can feel secure entrusting a country to them, and rely on them as sworn allies.

Above all, the liberation of the three countries is the accomplishment of the Archduke present here; there is no room for the Empire to interject. From the start, I am grateful to the Archduke, and intended to leave everything regarding their treatment, including letting him take the three countries as he pleases, entirely to him.

Heika, regarding this matter, even at the accession ceremony...

The Third Prince, who pondered for just an instant at the words of Sieghart beside him, then nodded deeply. And laughed mischievously.

It is a request from me, but I would be grateful if you could participate in the accession ceremony formally as the King uniting the former three countries. Of course we will welcome you with the courtesy of state guests, but if possible, could you say the words from earlier once more at that venue?

Incidentally, the Principality of Sura and the Turncoat Kingdom, with whom peace has been concluded, have also dispatched envoys, and we plan to hold an audience prior to the meeting to formally convey their punishments. Of course, we plan to have them participate in the meeting venue as well.

I see, so that's how it is! In a way, it's a harsh response towards those two countries. I realized anew the two meanings held by what Sieghart proposed and advised. The first is that it will serve as major pressure on the Principality of Sura and the Turncoat Kingdom. When the two countries hear that the King and Queen of the former three countries, who are fellow defeated nations, participated in the accession ceremony to apologize to the Empire, they will likely become highly impatient. They too have sent envoys, but the status of the participants is a world of difference. From here on, not only will they feel inferior, but they will undoubtedly respond additionally, rushing to curry favor with the Empire. The second is the perception of the new Emperor within the Empire. The three countries that caused the rebellion in response to the First Prince, as a result, abolished the Kings who were responsible, and the new King came to apologize. This will back the authority of the new Emperor, and also serve as a blow to the opposition factions within the Empire. And it will also widely make known that the northern frontier of the Empire has become secure.

I am grateful for your kind words.

Regarding the Emperor-heika's compassion, we will engrave our feelings of gratitude in our hearts and strive to repay this favor.

Saying so, the two of them bowed their heads deeply once more. Each with something shining welling up in their eyes...

No, if it's thanks, you had better say it to the Archduke, not me. To release those who became prisoners, and dispatch soldiers to save the countries you were fighting until the other day, those are things I could not possibly imitate, after all. Moreover, liberating the three countries in the blink of an eye through a blitzkrieg; it's obvious who the true hero is, isn't it.

Hahaha, what a delightful story. There are five people in this venue whose lives and the destinies of their countries were saved by my friend, after all. At this point, let us exchange cups of gratitude towards the unparalleled hero, hear stories from the world's greatest resourceful general who liberated the three countries with lightning speed, and let discussions on strategy blossom!

Oh, that sounds good! I too witnessed the Archduke's unparalleled strength in the battle of the new territories, but I definitely wanted to hear about the skill that liberated the three countries and stabilized their governance in just a few days.

Ah, Denka! That's unfair. Because that's the story I wanted to hear the most!

Archduke-heika is always unfair. If you had just called out, I would have gladly rushed over...

Only at Clarisse-denka's words, Knight Commander Gouras was shaking his head side to side grandly. Perhaps there was a dispute in Kylar when dispatching reinforcements as well? ...It's fully possible. But you know, things like true hero or unparalleled hero or world's greatest resourceful general... I'm not that kind of creature, you know. It makes the one being told embarrassed, so I want you to stop killing me with praise, but. The ones who liberated the three countries were the skills of the First Prince and General Golpa who led their respective armies, and the one who perfectly pulled together the former Cain Kingdom, which had the most difficulties in governance, was the skill of Alicia-denka, who was the Third Princess, after all... Here I tried to change the subject.

By the way, putting me aside... in terms of being in an unfortunate position due to politics despite being excellent, the circumstances of Krugel-heika and King Crajyu were similar. Also, in terms of thinking of the people, remaining on the front lines until the very end despite being a Princess, and fighting together with the soldiers, Clarisse-denka and Princess Alicia are also similar, aren't they.

Ohh!

My!

The two who were the originals of the similar individuals named by me raised their voices happily and stared at their own companions. However, it's just a story I heard, but although Alicia-denka is an eccentric who takes the side of the territory residents, compared to the tomboy, she is rational, and if anything, she excels in governance rather than martial arts, though. Well, if the respective pairs deepen their interactions utilizing this opportunity, there's no problem.

On this day, the now-customary free-and-easy banquet continued late into the night, and initially tense and stiff Miseri and Yoltia who was taking a step back also opened up with the female camp, and King Crajyu who initially held back reservedly also came to participate in the conversations between masters of countries. And on this day, the setting of new national border lines between the five countries, and friendly relations that would later become the foundation of the Five-Country Alliance, were unofficially concluded. Due to this, the masters of the five countries gained friends on equal footing, and pledged unchanging friendship and cooperation going forward. While mutually enjoying the intoxication of alcohol from the bottom of their hearts, embracing shoulders and raising cups...

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me