Monday, August 10, 2026

[WN] Shut-In : Chapter 151


Chapter 151

Strategy


Translator : PolterGlast


When I led the people who had been waiting outside the moat to the pre-designated location, Priola, who had secured the humans just like me, was already there.

While I was bringing down the castle, I had her head out to rescue the humans who had been made into slaves.

Masaru-sama, I am glad you are safe.

Yeah, for now, I've defeated every single demon inside the castle. Including Sigur, of course.

...As expected. To think you would defeat Sigur so easily...

Then, can I leave the rest to you?

Yes, of course.

Priola headed towards the castle, which was already completely devoid of people. The people watching this exchanged some words, and Calies-san approached me as their representative.

Masaru-dono, we truly thank you for this rescue. If possible, we would appreciate it if you could explain the situation to us...

I plan to get permission from Her Majesty Emilia... later, but I intend to put an end to the conflict in the Doog Wasteland by the end of today. What we are doing now is basically the finishing touches.

It wasn't really an answer, but explaining everything would be a pain.

From their perspective, there must be a lot of things they want to ask, like why a demon is obeying me, or why I, a mere Military Observer, had turned into an absolute demon-killing machine in the first place.

Especially since their feelings towards demons must be at rock bottom after being treated so terribly by them, it could lead to all sorts of trouble if they found out what I was doing.

I gathered everyone and healed them all at once using an AoE casting skill, then decided to have them leave this place for the time being.

I am going to transport you all to the Doog Wasteland now. It will be a tough journey, but is there anyone who cannot run?

Perhaps everyone strongly desired to return home, because no one voiced any objections to my words. I used Jaunt to secure high ground, and then used Jaunt again, repeating the same method I used when transporting my classmates, as we made our way back to the Doog Wasteland.

Perhaps they hadn't stopped training their bodies even during their lives as slaves, because not a single one of them complained as they steadily kept pace behind me.

M-Masaru-dono!? What in the world is this... Her Excellency Lieutenant General Calies!? And His Excellency Major General Eristas too!?

I just popped over to the Demon Territory and snatched them back. Please evacuate them to a safe location.

Eh...

Not allowing for any arguments, I activated Jaunt once more. After breaking line of sight with everyone, I used my Home Gift to return to the city of Ronack.

Just then, I could hear Priola's declaration echoing throughout the city, using something akin to a megaphone.

Therefore, as of this moment, this city of Ronack and the Demon Territory Zwaarth... shall be governed by me, Priola!

That's right, the strategy Priola had proposed and I had approved was... the "Why don't we just have Priola rule all the hostile Demon Territories?" Operation!

Demons obey the strong. Because of this, usurpations and territorial wars occur at a frequency that cannot even be compared to human societies.

Yes, according to demon values, there is absolutely no problem with Priola taking over another demon's territory.

To begin with, the Demon Territory Kingsbury, which borders parts of the Kingdom and the Empire, is the territory of her Luora family. (By the way, the reason the Kingdom, which is vastly inferior in national power to the Empire, is still able to hold the front line is because Priola is appropriately half-assing the war just enough to avoid drawing Odd's ire).

Heading east from there brings you to the territory of the Subjugation Faction, here in the Demon Territory Zwaarth. With this, even externally, it can be passed off as a territorial dispute.

I had massacred all the power-holders in the castle, and to make it look like Priola did it in the first place, I properly crushed the castle using Ice Magic. In this situation where all the influential figures are dead, there shouldn't be anyone who would try to rebel against Priola.

(This should result in the least amount of casualties. I feel like Emilia might oppose it... but I think Alice will approve, yeah.)

I do believe that demons hostile to humans should die, but there are a certain number of demons in this city who aren't like that.

I don't think it's necessary to massacre them all. Therefore, I figured that if Priola governed the entire territory, things would settle down amicably to some extent.

Of course, since they need to maintain the appearance of fighting against humans externally, I intend to have her actively send the Subjugation Faction demons to the front lines, taking into account future political instability and the overall situation.

I'm not so kind as to think about keeping them alive indefinitely, after all. Since I've killed the prominent demons to a certain extent, the Imperial soldiers should be able to manage the rest of the battles on their own. And the people Priola and I rescued all seemed to be quite capable fighters, too.

And if this goes well, I want to continue pushing east and west and do the same thing in the Empire and the Dragonia Dragon Knight Kingdom, which are fighting against the demons.

If, ultimately, Lirica, who stands above Priola, brings everything together, the need for conflict between humans and demons should disappear. According to Emilia, fierce battles with the Subjugation Faction are still raging on over there.

While masking my presence and observing the ruins of the royal castle that had become a mountain of rubble, Priola, who had apparently already gathered people from the castle town, was starting to have them clear the debris.

If I were to go over there now, it would only complicate matters. As for Lirica's training... if she's been going at it continuously, she should be finishing up her second set around now, right? For now, I guess I'll go check on her.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me