[WN] Bocchi Dungeon : Chapter 13


Chapter 13

As Expected, the Picked-up Items Were Amazing

 

While I was thinking about what to do in the narrow hidden room, I realized the mysterious monster had poked its head in and caught sight of me. Its eyes, which seemed to glow a yellowish hue, had the complete look of a predator eyeing its prey.

「Wait... that guy, isn't he way too huge?」

With a massive body so large I couldn't see the whole thing, there was no way it could fit into this narrow space. Could this actually be a safe zone? Though there's no escape route, of course.

However, even if its massive body couldn't enter, its giant face alone thrust forward. It seems its neck is long. Like a proper monster, it probably intends to bite me. Suppressing the welling fear and taking a closer look, its face and long neck looked exactly like an eastern dragon. It even gave off a somewhat mystical vibe.

No, it's just my imagination. No matter how majestic its form may be, in the end, it's nothing more than a monster. I'll turn it into a magic stone.

「Tch, this is for my one and only outfit!」

I won't forget the grudge of having my tacky jersey torn. Even though these are the only clothes I have. Turning my fear into resentment, I ruthlessly smashed my hammer into the snout of the dragon that was casually approaching. A small hammer against a giant dragon's face felt a bit unreliable, but it seemed surprisingly effective.

It seems my reliable hammer has an incredibly high power output, more than I expected. However, although the monster seemed slightly flinched, it wasn't enough to make it retreat. As expected, one hit isn't enough.

「Bring it on. I'll smash you as many times as it takes!」

If it did something like a fire breath attack, it would be the end of the line, but if it doesn't have that, I can hold out. As long as I'm dealing even a little bit of damage, I can defeat it eventually. Even if that's impossible, it's fine if the dragon just gives up and leaves. I struck the face that approached unyieldingly once again. It's a total beatdown now.

「Ora ora ora ora ora ora! Ah, right, take this, 『Poison Attack』!」

I activated the skill and smashed it again for good measure.

「Uoooooo, it's working!」

The dragon's face clearly turned a dark, bruised color, and its neck withdrew while wearing a pained expression. Even dragons can make faces like that, huh. Even so, poison is strong!

While I watched to see if it would just go somewhere else, the dragon thrust its face in again with an expression of rage.

「Eh, why? Did it heal?」

Its face, which was supposed to be infected by poison, had returned to looking exactly like it did at the beginning. Are you kidding me. Does it have healing abilities or something?

「Even so, this is all I can do! Go, 『Poison Attack』!」

When I struck it hard with the hammer, the dragon's face discolored to that dark bruised color once again. Bring it on as many times as you want. Actually, please don't come back if possible!

Just as I thought it had dejectedly pulled its neck back, the dragon's face appeared again with a completely nonchalant look. Jeez, what gives. What's with this guy.

「Don't come over heeeeere!」

Thinking that if it won't give up, I'll go all the way, I swung the tacky jersey's grudge-hammer in a wild dance. How many times did I hit it in total? I don't feel like I hit it that many times, but for some reason, it suddenly stopped poking its head in. Did its healing abilities run out, I wonder.

「...Huh, could it be that I can just defeat it with poison like this?」

It was exactly that. The shadow of the massive body visible from the narrow room turned into particles of light and disappeared.

「S-Somehow I wooooon! Hell yeah, take thaaaaaaat!」

Poison really is strong.

「Phew~, that was close~」

When I poked my head out from the hidden room into the passage, I could only see Rat-kou in the distance; there was no hide nor hair of the dragon. Instead, something cloth-like had dropped there. Could this be a drop item? It's my first time seeing one.

When I picked up the cloth and spread it out, no matter how I looked at it, it was clothing. How convenient. As a replacement for my torn one and only outfit, I am extremely grateful.

Taking advantage of the lack of prying eyes, I stripped off my tacky jersey and threw it aside, fully savoring a fleeting sense of liberation.

When I eagerly put on the clothes made of a pleasant-feeling fabric, man, they felt absolutely wonderful. Let's see here. Looking down at my outfit, I did a quick spin. New clothes really make my tension rise~. Or rather, how long has it been since I had new clothes? Naturally, they're different from ordinary clothes. They're probably clothes with some magical this-and-that bonuses attached. I don't know for sure, though.

The shape feels completely like a uniform for a girls' magic academy. They're clothes that raise my tension, but they're so cute it makes me wonder if it's really okay for me to wear them. Well, this is all I have, so I'll wear it. I wonder just how much my civilization level has upgraded from my memorable tacky jersey.

「Come to think of it, the magic stone...」

I did defeat such a big catch, after all. Thinking that it should drop a massive magic stone, I looked around and finally found it.

「So tiiiiny, what is this. It's the same as Rat-kou's!」

Are you kidding me? A subjugation reward of 300 yen for that is just ridiculous. I mean, there were the magic academy-like clothes, but still.

「Ah, then it's my level!」

This is it, this is it! Surely there's going to be a massive level up, right? When I eagerly took out my ID card...

 

■ Memories of the Star Soul

Name: Nagakura Aoi Scarlet

Level: 4

Class: —

Vitality: 8

Spirit: 8

Attack: 8

Defense: 8

Magic: 8

Resistance: 8

Skill: 『Ultra Hard Mode』 / 『Solo Dungeon』 / 『Martial Soul Resonance』 / 『Poison Attack』

Class Skill: —

Blessing: Blessing of Benzaiten

 

「It hasn't changed!」

Are you kidding me? Even though I defeated such a big catch, my level didn't go up even by one. Is that even possible? Could it be that you don't get experience points if you defeat them with poison? Isn't just one magic academy-like outfit not worth it? Even though my life was in danger.

「Eh, ah, no. My Blessings increased!」

Benzaiten, what kind of Blessing is that. Explanation, please! I wonder if the receptionist Onee-san would know.

「Right, right, there's still more. This monocular, what is this thing.」

I took it out of my pouch and tried looking through the lens.

Hmm? I can't see anything particularly unusual, though. Hey, hey, don't tell me it's just a fashion item. Just as I thought it was a dud and disappointedly dropped my gaze, I noticed something. I could see something!

■ Blood-Wind Demon Fire Boots: Vitality Augmentation, Defense Augmentation, Resistance Augmentation. Long boots that shatter the soul and steal spirit when stepping on the target.

■ Stargazer Pilgrim Clothes: Spirit Augmentation, Defense Augmentation, Magic Augmentation, Resistance Augmentation. A pilgrim clothes that receives the guidance of the stars.

I can see something. The monocular seems to be a tool that appraises things for me. This is Appraisal, right. I do feel like trying it on something else to see if this appraisal-like result is really accurate. Even so.

「Isn't my equipment a bit too strong-looking? I wonder if other people's are like this too. I'll check the hammer, and the ring too.」

■ Blood-Severing Soul Smasher: Vitality Augmentation, Attack Augmentation, Magic Augmentation, Skill Power Augmentation. A hammer that smashes the soul and steals vitality. ■ Ring of Seoritsuhime: Spirit Augmentation, Attack Augmentation. A ring of the War God that improves combat techniques.

「Ah, amaziiing」

I don't really understand anymore, but no matter how you think about it, it's strong, right. Isn't this exactly a state of casting pearls before swine or giving gold coins to a cat? No, it's fine. They're produced in a solo Dungeon, and I'm the only one who can use them anyway. In that case, it's A-OK!


-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>