Chapter 14
I Can See More Than
Usual
I let it all go. I managed to get my hands on some good stuff, so what's
the point if I don't use it. If a visually weak-looking girl had strong-looking
equipment, people would absolutely pick fights with her. But in a solo Dungeon,
there's no need to worry about the eyes of others. I'll use this super strong
equipment to my heart's content.
「I am
unrivaleeeeed!」
My status is below average and low, but considering the status
augmentation abilities of my equipment, my overall stats must be significantly
boosted. I can't see it in the numbers on my ID card, but I think they're
probably boosted. With the equipment on, the overflowing sense of power and the
sense of speed when moving are completely different. This is truly a feeling of
omnipotence!
I gradually let my body adjust to the unfamiliar power and speed while
beating the Rat-kous to death. If I defeat a dozen or so, I'll slowly
get used to the power that was swinging me around; the human ability to adapt
is truly amazing. Ah, maybe this is the effect of the Ring of Seoritsuhime,
which supposedly improves combat techniques?
In any case, it feels good. Rookie or weak Hunters are
recommended to explore the upper layers, from the First to the Tenth
Floor. Now that I have my super strong equipment, I probably don't need to
fear mere monsters from the Second or Third Floor. I'll go at it
full throttle until I experience a bit of a painful lesson.
While moving at a light jog through the unpopulated passages, I buried
the Rat-kous one after another. If they lunged at me from high up, I
punched them with the hammer; if they came for my feet, I kicked them away with
the boots. When they turned into particles of light, I instantly collected the
dropped magic stones.
「300 yen a
piece, thank you for your patronage!」
I'm earning so much. I should have already cleared ten thousand yen with
ease. Even though I had the urge to take an attack from the Rat-kous to
test the defensive capabilities of the magic academy-like outfit, I completely
avoided getting hit even while going about it haphazardly. I can't test the
defensive performance! But I refuse to take a hit on purpose. The equipment I
got is too strong, making it far too easy of a win.
Also, I feel like I myself am normally getting stronger. My status is
low, but my combat techniques, perhaps? I have this sensation of steadily
getting used to fighting. This is surely thanks to the equipment, too. I am
grateful~ I feel like if I turn my current movements into flesh and blood, I
won't be able to call myself reliant on equipment anymore. A feeling of "I
can do this" is welling up inside me. I wonder if this is an effect of the
equipment, too.
At any rate, with this strength, I can definitely go further. Advancing
to deeper floors will let me earn even more.
「Hmm, it's
just that...」
In this Second Floor, where I can honestly say there's almost no
danger to my life, I feel like there isn't much need to change the current
situation where I can earn money easily and surely. At present, I don't desire
to succeed as a Dungeon Hunter.
At first, I just wanted to earn enough for food, and that would have
been fine. Now that I've become able to earn a little like this, I want the
minimum necessary daily necessities and things to keep myself clean. Right now,
my earnings shouldn't be bad by any means.
Come to think of it, I'm homeless. But if I can collect magic stones at
this rate, food, clothing, and shelter will surely become sufficient. Rather
than just making ends meet, I can even hope for a comfortable life on the Second
Floor. 300 yen, 300 yen, 300 yen, 300 yen... see, it's already over 1,000
yen.
What bothers me is that even though I've already defeated close to a
three-digit number of monsters, I still haven't leveled up. I heard that
statuses increase significantly every 5 levels, and people often acquire
good-looking skills. I've been doing this looking forward to reaching Level 5
while earning money, but I wonder just how many I have to defeat to level up.
「Phew, I'm a
little tired~」
I took a break while checking my level on my ID card.
「My level
isn't going up~. Guess there's no point in worrying about it every single time.」
Let's stop worrying. It's probably best if it just goes up without me
noticing. To forcefully raise my tension which was starting to drop, I started
running with all my might. By doing a full lap of the floor while defeating Rat-kous,
I'll be able to defeat a decent number of them. I'll check again after doing
that.
By the time my legs and arms were getting tired and heavy, I realized I
had finished a lap of the floor. Leaning against the wall, it was time for a
short break.
「Ugh, I'm
already tired of exterminating Rat-kous!」
Even if my level hasn't gone up, I'll call it a day. Alright, ID card
check time!
「I'm counting
on youuu~」
■ Memories of the Star Soul
Name: Nagakura Aoi Scarlet
Level: 5
Class: —
Vitality: 10
Spirit: 10
Attack: 10
Defense: 10
Magic: 10
Resistance: 10
Skill: 『Ultra Hard Mode』 / 『Solo Dungeon』 / 『Martial Soul Resonance』 / 『Poison Attack』 / 『Star Thread
Spinning』
Class Skill: —
Blessing: Blessing of Benzaiten
「Status all
up by 2! That "significant increase" was a lie. As I thought, I'm
weak~」
I was really disappointed. What the heck, seriously.
「But hey, a
mysterious skill popped up again. Judging by the skill name alone, it doesn't
seem like trash.」
If anything, it has a cool vibe to it. My status is weak, but I'm
overwhelmingly blessed with skills and equipment. I have a good premonition
about this, too!
「Umm, Mr. 『Star Thread
Spinning』, I'm
counting on you.」
When I tried activating the skill while looking at my ID card, I
understood the effect immediately. As if filling in the blanks on the ID card I
held, the descriptions increased. It felt like a phenomenon that only I, who
activated the skill, could see.
■ Memories of the Star Soul
Name: Nagakura Aoi Scarlet
Level: 5 (Experience required for level up: 729)
Class: —
Vitality: 10 (+200)
Spirit: 10 (+325)
Attack: 10 (+400)
Defense: 10 (+400)
Magic: 10 (+425)
Resistance: 10 (+375)
Destiny Power: 526
Skill: 『Ultra Hard Mode』 (Imposes trials. Increases Dungeon difficulty,
increases reward acquisition rate according to difficulty, growth rate changes
proportional to difficulty) : 『Solo Dungeon』 (Allows entry into an exclusive Dungeon) : 『Martial Soul
Resonance』 (Equipment
binds with the user and grows according to level) : 『Poison Attack』 (Inflicts
poison damage upon attacking) : 『Star Thread Spinning』 (Visualizes details of the Star
Soul Crest)
Class Skill: —
Blessing: Blessing of Benzaiten (Increases Charm, Artistic
Ability, and Financial Fortune. Proof of being acknowledged by Benzaiten
for solo subjugating the Five-Headed Dragon)
A whole bunch of things increased. Something called Destiny Power
appeared, but what I don't get, I don't get. But well, I can understand various
things now, so it's become convenient.
If I can see the numerical value until the next level, I can easily
calculate it by defeating a single Rat-kou. This is incredibly
convenient. The plus correction on my status is definitely the effect of my
super strong equipment without a doubt.
「It's too
strong. Of course I'd be unrivaled~」
I'll ask Onee-san later what the status of a typical Level 5 Hunter
is.
It's also huge that I can now vaguely understand the effects of the
mysterious skills that made no sense before. The 『Ultra Hard Mode』 skill is
probably a dangerous one.
I thought it was weird, but the fact that pill bug-kun was so insanely
hard is definitely because of this. The fact that the equipment I got has
transcendent performance is absolutely thanks to this, too. Because it's not
normal. The fact that all the magic stones I obtain are high-quality is also
because I'm collecting them from monsters with boosted strength in a
high-difficulty Dungeon, right.
And, Benzaiten! I am so, so grateful. The financial fortune
increase is insane. I can completely bid farewell to my poverty-stricken life.
With this.
As I thought, I might actually have some pretty ridiculous luck.
Hyahaha, I've won! I'm going to earn so much more! Money, money!
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Taylor King
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----