[WN] Bocchi Dungeon : Chapter 15


Chapter 15

My Earnings Have Increased

 

For now, let's test how much experience points I can get when I defeat a Rat-kou. If I run up to them, the Rat-kou will also approach me, so it's a simple task.

Here we go!

When I kicked away the monster that tried to bite my foot while crawling, it turned into particles of light in one hit. I picked up the 300 yen and checked my ID card.

Say, isn't this weird? The experience points required to level up haven't changed at all. It hasn't changed by even a single point!

This ID card is totally broken. As a test, I made another one fall prey to my hammer.

Hm? It decreased by 1 this time.

The required experience decreased, and although it's only a tiny bit, I got closer to leveling up. What does this mean. Furthermore, treating it as a trial, I defeated one and checked my ID card for several of them, and then I realized. After the required experience fluctuates by 1 for several times in a row, there is one instance inserted where it doesn't change at all. In other words, it seems the experience points obtained by defeating a Rat-kou is a value less than 1.

Come to think of it, I feel like I heard that if you defeat small-fry monsters with a lower level than your own, the experience points you receive decrease. For the Level 5 me, the Rat-kous are too weak, so it became a situation where I get almost no experience points. Probably.

Well whatever, I guess that's about it for today. I'm not sleepy, but it'll end up being an all-nighter.

Let's keep it moderate. Even though Benzaiten kindly increased my Charm, it would be unbearable to ruin my mood. Even my Financial Fortune would disappear. Besides, I'm already getting tired of playing around with the Rat-kous.

Dashing with a dada, I stowed the hammer and boots into the pouch near the exit. Since I can't wear the tacky jersey anymore, I'll proudly walk in my magic academy style. In fact, it might be fine to just make this my trademark. Ah, but I don't want to just have my one and only outfit anymore. I should have earned quite a bit today, so I'll just normally buy clothes to wear outside the Dungeon.

Hey, Onee-san. I'm back.

Welcome ba... what's with that outfit?

It dropped or something. Cute, right? My jersey got ruined, so the timing was perfect.

Even though the number of times we've met shouldn't be that high, I've become quite good friends with this Onee-san.

Aoi-chan, lying is bad, you know? Didn't you just change into clothes you brought in yourself?

How mean, I'm not lying. There was a weird dragon, and that guy just dropped it, you see.

A weird dragon? Eh, you mean a dragon? On the Second Floor? That's impossible.

Even if you say that. Well whatever, it's not like I have proof or anything.

Come to think of it, if I show her the Blessing of Benzaiten added to my ID card, she might believe me. No, I guess that can't be called proof. Keeping skills and such a secret seems to be common sense for the most part, so even if it's Onee-san, I'll refrain from being foolishly honest. It's fine if only I know about this matter.

Hmm, it's not that I don't believe you. But if I know about it I have to report it, yet how am I supposed to report something without any basis, you know?

Then let's just say it was an illusion I saw. If there hasn't been a single instance until now, it's probably fine. Ah, more importantly, please appraise the magic stones~, I brought back a ton.

When I roughly dumped them onto the tray, Onee-san seemed to flip a switch as well, and skillfully began the appraisal. Everyone wants to avoid troublesome matters, after all. If it can be treated as if it never happened, nothing is better than that.

High quality again. At this rate, it seems you can earn a living just in the upper layers. In truth, it's safer to explore in a party, though.

If I feel like going in together with someone, I'll do that when the time comes.

I have no plans to, though.

By the way, Aoi-chan, why don't you try getting the equipment you have appraised?

I don't mind, but it takes time and money, right? I hate having my money taken, and I just want to sleep today~

Sometime later is fine, and I'll talk to them so it doesn't cost you money. It's okay, right?

It's hard to refuse a request from the Onee-san who bestowed snacks upon the starving girl that is me. If I won't be charged money, then well.

Guess it can't be helped~, it's fine if it's free. But you absolutely have to return them, okay?

I guarantee that. Even if it weren't a solo Dungeon drop, forcibly taking things away from a Hunter is something that absolutely never happens.

Got it.

I'm a little curious about their performance, you see. Aoi-chan, even though your status is low, you're defeating dragons and stuff, right? Although I still slightly doubt whether you really defeated one.

How mean. But thinking about it normally, I guess that's how it is. Well, it's fine even if she doesn't believe me, though.

Ah, come to think of it, what's the status of a Level 5 person usually like? I'm all 10s, though. An easy-to-understand average of 10.

Let's see, there are individual differences, but the average would be about 30, no? Strong people go even higher, though.

Hah? What the heck is that. It's not just double mine, is it. Nngh, damn it. But it's fine, because I have amazing equipment corrections! I haven't lost at all! In the end, overall strength is what matters!

Because there are also corrections from equipment and skills, the numerical values on the status are actually just reference values, though. Oh, the automatic appraisal is complete. Aoi-chan, it's a huge harvest today. Here, 58,500 yen.

...Whoa.

F-Fifty thousand... The number is too big, so conversely, I don't know what I should do! Umm, for now, I can eat beef bowls with plenty to spare, right. And then, I'll buy a change of clothes, go to the bathhouse, and then, and then, umm, there's still a whole lot left over, right? Holy crap, haven't I already joined the ranks of the rich?

You can make a deposit starting from a minimum of 50,000 yen, but what will you do?

Huh? A deposit?

Yeah. We just hold onto it, so no interest gets attached or anything, though.

Interest? What's that?

Aoi-chan, you really are full of things you don't know, huh.

Ugh, I at least know what interest is. But for today, I'll take it all with me. I have a lot of things I want to buy, after all. See ya later~.

When I went outside, I thought for a bit and decided to head to the beef bowl shop. Beef bowls are the best, after all, beef bowls. Because they're delicious. I'll fill my stomach and sleep in a good mood today.

I'll do my best again tomorrow too!

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>