Chapter 16
Ultimate Rise in
Civilization Level
I woke up on a park bench as usual. Because I was exhausted from running
rampant in the middle of the night, and because I went to sleep too late, I
ended up waking up at a time when the sun was already quite high. Perhaps I,
sleeping rough in my magic academy uniform look, stood out like a sore thumb; I
felt numerous gazes the moment I woke up.
「Tch, stop
looking at me」
In a park during a time with many prying eyes, it's difficult to get
ready like I usually do. In terms of a maiden's modesty, that is. Now, what
should I do. That's right, today I am rich. Let's think a bit before acting.
There's no need to wash my underwear or wipe my body with park water.
While I'm at it, there's no need to fill my stomach with tap water either. For
now, I definitely want to get my body clean. I guess I'll indulge in a quick
luxury, procure a change of underwear at a convenience store, and then head to
the much-desired public bathhouse. After freshening up, I'll get some food. And
then, I want new clothes and shoes too.
Maybe I'll go on a shopping spree today. After all, I'm rich!
The hall of healing that I could only pass by until now, unable to enter
due to being broke. Its name is the public bathhouse. A wonderful place of
relaxation. Luxuriously purchasing a brand-new towel, shampoo, and the like, I
scrubbed my entire body meticulously and then soaked in the long-awaited hot
water.
「Fuaaaa, this
is heaven on earth~」
I stretched my entire body out as much as possible, soaking in the hot
water in a posture like I was lying down. Is this milky-white water that hides
my skinny body a natural hot spring? Well, as long as it feels good, anything
goes. I've decided, I'm staying here until I turn soggy.
「Pfft,
ahahaha! What are you saying. A young Ojou-chan sounding like an old
geezer.」
Crap, my guard was completely down. There are normally people here.
「Well~ it
just felt so good, I slipped up.」
「A spacious
bath you enter right in the middle of the day feels great, doesn't it? I'm
always here, but you're a new face, Ojou-chan.」
Is this chubby middle-aged woman bored? She's chatting me up in an
overly familiar way. Just let me relax. It's been a long time since I've had a
bath over here.
「It's my
first time~, I've wanted to come in for a while now, though. Haa~, even so, it
feels so good I think I might fall asleep~」
I closed my eyes in an exaggerated manner. Please understand from this
attitude of mine not to talk to me. I'm begging you.
「Actually,
I'm the Owner here. It makes me happy to have you say that much. I've
taken a liking to you, Ojou-chan, so I'll give you a discount ticket
later.」
What! A discount ticket is huge! I'm sorry for thinking you shouldn't
casually talk to me. Please talk to me as much as you'd like.
「Well then,
take your time and relax.」
「Owner-san, thank you very much! I will relax!」
I intended to relax even without being told, but social pleasantries are
useful for smooth communication. I am an adult woman who understands at least
that much. After that, I fully enjoyed the spacious bath literally until I
turned soggy, and as a further luxury, I even ended up buying something like a
coffee milk.
「Whew, this
is irresistible.」
In the traditional style of placing a hand on my hip, I gulped it all
down in one go. Isn't this a bit too luxurious, even if I do say so myself? As
I was leaving, I made sure to collect the discount ticket from the Owner-san,
and left the place of relaxation with lingering reluctance.
After feeling refreshed and clean, it's time to get some food. This
time, even more luxuriously, in addition to the beef bowl, pork miso soup, and
salad, I even went and ordered the optional soft-boiled egg, and fried chicken
on top of that. This could be called the ultimate luxury greedy set. It's too
insane.
「This is bad.
Once I know something like this, I can't go back to being poor.」
My civilization level is going through the roof.
After the meal, it's time for a walk to digest. This is also a luxurious
way to spend time. Today really seems like it'll be a day filled with nothing
but luxury. When I wandered further out than usual, I stumbled upon a plaza
with a lot of people.
「Oho, they're
doing a flea market. Perfect timing, I'd like it if there are some nice
second-hand clothes~」
It stands out a bit, but I like the magic academy look. If there are
clothes with a uniform-like feel, maybe I'll buy some others too.
I face the event not with the leisurely enthusiasm of a window shopper,
but as a hardcore flea market goer. I'm curious about the daily sundries, but
they are unnecessary for someone with the status of a homeless person.
Paintings, pots, and incomprehensible ornaments are naturally a pass.
Wait, could it be that there's a possibility of some incredibly valuable item
mixed in? Should I buy something if it gives me a jolt of inspiration? Should I
dabble in it here?
「Ah, there
are a lot of uniform-looking things!」
If cute clothes are hung up, they stand out clearly even from a
distance. I headed over as if being drawn in.
However. Hmm, there aren't really any good ones.
I looked closely, but they only had things that looked the part but were
cheap quality. They aren't bad, but if you ask me if I like them, well... it's
iffy. When you end up comparing them to the quality of the magic academy look
I'm wearing right now, you know.
「Do you not
like them?」
「Huh?」
I was spoken to by the flea market shopkeeper Onee-san. Because
she was talking with another customer until just a moment ago, I thought she
wasn't looking at me at all.
「It shows on
your face. Well sure, the quality is lower compared to your clothes, but they
aren't bad. Above all, they're cheap.」
「No, no, they
have to be at the quality level of my clothes. Because I have money!」
Thump!
「You're an
interesting one. But if you're particular about quality, maybe a flea market
isn't the place for you.」
「As I
thought. It can't be helped, in that case, maybe I'll buy some sweats or a
jersey for pajamas. Since I'm here.」
「Ah, a
jersey? If you're fine with this, I'll make it cheap for you.」
What was pulled out from the cluttered pile on the side was a navy blue
tacky jersey.
「It's gotten
quite worn out, so it always goes unsold, you see. Ah, it's been washed so it
is clean, at least. Well, it's getting bothersome to take it back home, so if
you buy all of it together, how about exactly 1,000 yen for five top-and-bottom
sets? I think the size will probably fit you too, customer.」
She probably doesn't think I'll buy them. It's a sales pitch where her
lack of motivation is leaking into her voice. In reality, for a girl who is
here seeking cute clothes, no matter how much she is looking for random clothes
for pajamas, thinking she would buy a bunch of worn-out navy blue tacky
jerseys, and five perfectly identical sets at that, is idiotic. It lacks common
sense.
「Haha!」
「You really
don't need them, do you~」
「Alright,
I'll buy them! And I'll buy that towel set over there while I'm at it!」
「Eh, are you
sure? Thank you very much~」
There's just no way it's 200 yen per set. That's way too good of a deal.
My deeply ingrained poor-man's nature! Even though I have a fair amount of money, it's tacky jerseys again! But it's such a bargain!
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Taylor King
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----