[WN] Bocchi Dungeon : Chapter 17


Chapter 17

To an Even Higher Income Earner

 

Flea markets are wonderful things. Riding the momentum of buying a large amount of jerseys and towels, I even managed to get my hands on a bunch of unused second-hand socks and sneakers. With this, I can completely bid farewell to the tattered old hand-me-downs I've been using to death until now.

I'm turning over a new leaf. Moreover, despite buying so much, my expenses at the flea market didn't even reach 3,000 yen. My wallet doesn't hurt at all yet. It doesn't hurt or itch in the slightest.

This is what it means to have money!

Up until a few days ago, 3,000 yen was a huge sum of money to me. Yet now, it's a level of bourgeoisie where that amount of spending doesn't even make me flinch.

「Fuhaha, I suppose this means bidding farewell to sleeping rough starting today~」

There are plenty of prospects for income from here on out. Rather, I should be greedier. I can defeat Rat-kous with ease, so as expected, it's no good to just be satisfied with the Second Floor. Since it seems I still have plenty of leeway in terms of combat power, I definitely should challenge the Third Floor next. The rapid advance of me, whose civilization level has risen, continues!

I could already live the hotel life. I could live a rich hotel life. I could even live in some renowned hotel.

Sleeping rough in a park? Haha, that's not something a young maiden should do. It's impossible, right.

When I went to the usual Dungeon Administration before sunset, that Onee-san wasn't there. That person is frank, so it's nice and easygoing. Instead, I headed to the counter where the ossan I had seen before was.

「'Sup, ossan. I'm back.」

「I am Kikukawa. Nagakura-san, is that the equipment produced in the Dungeon? I have heard about it from Tachibana.」

「These clothes? They're cute, right. All thanks to 『Solo Dungeon』. Besides, if you go to a hidden room, there's guaranteed to be treasure.」

「If that is the case, how about trying to go to other Dungeons as well? If it is just the uppermost parts of the upper layers, I believe you could obtain equipment and such relatively safely again.」

Oh wow, that makes sense. There are a lot of Dungeons. If I just rampage through the upper floors of all of them, won't I be covered in super strong equipment and become practically invincible?

「Nice! I'll try that next time. Today I'm going to make a killing on the Third Floor, so please register me~」

「I will take your ID card... Here, I am returning it. Please be careful.」

「I'm offf~」

It's Dungeon attack time! Dashing through the First Floor and Second Floor of the solo Dungeon, let's go forth to the unknown Third Floor. Thanks to my super strong equipment, I don't feel any particular tension.

The basic structure of the Third Floor is no different from up to the Second Floor, only the monsters change from rats to bats. The difference from before is that the bats cling to the ceiling and fly down to attack. Even so, based on my experience of being repeatedly subjected to jumping attacks by the Rat-kous, I don't think I'll struggle.

After walking just a little bit, I immediately discovered a bat hanging from the ceiling. The fact that they are in a group is another difference from before. Anyway, nothing starts until I try. Here I goo.

「Oryaaa」

If I raise my voice, the monsters on the high ceiling will come to me. As usual, they're about the size of a medium-sized dog, but since I'm used to this from the Rat-kous, it's nothing to worry about. In fact, their movements are even slower than the Rat-kous. Even if there are multiple of them, I can handle this with ease. They're already like summer bugs flying into the fire.

「Heave, ho!」

With a single movement of swinging the hammer down and then up, I buried four bats. Leisurely collecting the high-quality magic stones, these are 500 yen a piece. 2,000 yen total, thanks, life is an easy win!

As I thought, this is a breeze. Mr. 『Ultra Hard Mode』, it's a breeze so far!

At this rate, I feel like I could already go to the next floor, but according to what I've heard, the difficulty spikes up sharply from the Fourth Floor. This floor is sufficient for earning money, and if I'm going to challenge it, I'll do it after talking to Onee-san. Next time is fine.

And so, I became completely absorbed in searching for bats and continuously collecting 500-yen magic stones. How long has it been, I wonder. It feels like about two hours. It's inconvenient not having a watch~. Maybe I'll just buy a wristwatch. If it's a cheap one, it shouldn't cost that much, right.

Haa, I'm tired of bats already. I should have easily defeated over a hundred of them. A special monster like a dragon didn't appear either, so I'm a little disappointed. Come to think of it, I might have leveled up by now. Let's see.

 

■ Memories of the Star Soul

Name: Nagakura Aoi Scarlet

Level: 6 (Experience required for level up: 385)

Class: —

Vitality: 11 (+240)

Spirit: 11 (+390)

Attack: 11 (+480)

Defense: 11 (+480)

Magic: 11 (+510)

Resistance: 11 (+450)

Destiny Power: 527

Skill: 『Ultra Hard Mode』 (Imposes trials. Increases Dungeon difficulty, increases reward acquisition rate according to difficulty, growth rate changes proportional to difficulty) : 『Solo Dungeon』 (Allows entry into an exclusive Dungeon) : 『Martial Soul Resonance』 (Equipment binds with the user and grows according to level) : 『Poison Attack』 (Inflicts poison damage upon attacking) : 『Star Thread Spinning』 (Visualizes details of the Star Soul Crest) : 『Status Ailment Resistance』 (Grants resistance against status ailments) Class

Skill: —

Blessing: Blessing of Benzaiten (Increases Charm, Artistic Ability, and Financial Fortune. Proof of being acknowledged by Benzaiten for solo subjugating the Five-Headed Dragon)

 

「Ooh, it did go up as expected. But my status is a stable increase of just 1. Can't something be done about this, seriously.」

I'm on the verge of giving up. My base status goes up way too little. Since I ended up hearing that normally Level 5 has an average of about 30, it makes me feel even worse.

Ah, but the correction values went up a ton? What were they last time again. I completely forgot. My skills increased again, but the explanation isn't an explanation at all. Mr. 『Star Thread Spinning』 sure is half-assed.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>