Chapter 449
(Kyle Calendar Year 516:
Age 23)
Wedding Ceremony ② Revisiting Feari
After
staying overnight in the city being newly constructed at the national border,
we began moving again towards the Royal Capital of Feari. When we passed
through the corridor of the national border, which was being maintained, a
military force led by Marquis Flame was waiting there to welcome us.
「Archduke-heika, and everyone who has traveled from afar, welcome. From
here to Feari, I have been appointed as the guide and host.」
「We appreciate the Marquis's welcome.
We were also unfamiliar with this route since it's our first time, so it's a
great help. We planned for two days from here to Feari, is that
understanding correct?」
The
entire southern region of the Principality of Fearalt was territory
governed by nobles of the current King's faction even during the civil war, so
I wasn't too worried myself, though. But since I'm leading the military forces
of other countries, having a guide is a great help.
「Yes, if we spur our horses on a
forced march, it is a distance of one day, but since this is not a war, I
believe Heika's understanding is correct.」
Then...
if it's a forced march traversing about a hundred kils a day with fresh horses
prepared, does that mean the section from Kusanagi to the national
border, and the national border to Feari, can be traveled in just two to
three days? Compared to the past route, isn't that insanely fast? No wonder Krugel-heika is so proactive about maintaining
the new national border. If the new national border is maintained, the trade
route with the Demon Territory Dukedom and the Empire will be
greatly opened, and the noble territories in the southern region, which are
pro-King, will also be greatly enriched and gain power.
「My King also has an extraordinary
interest in the maintenance of the new national border by Archduke-heika, and is deeply grateful.
Regarding that matter, he also said, 『I would like to talk leisurely while
exchanging cups in Feari.』」
Hahaha,
it's fine even if we don't exchange cups, though. Some people will end up
getting dragged into it correspondingly. Raphael in particular.
「Then first, I will guide you to
where you will be staying tonight. Although it is still a country road with
insufficient maintenance, please enjoy your journey leisurely.」
From
there, exactly as Marquis Flame said, we were able to settle into a
position of truly enjoying the movement leisurely. While passing through
several villages and towns bustling with development and terraced fields I had
heard about long ago... However, there were also some things that were a bit
unexpected. While proceeding along, there were sceneries that made me
unintentionally stop my horse and gaze in fascination for a while.
「Nostalgic...」
「Nostalgic... is it? It's certainly a
beautiful scenery, isn't it?」
Oops!
At the words I unintentionally let out, Yuka reacted with a puzzled
look, but to Nishida, it was certainly a nostalgic scenery. Because a
beautiful purple-colored avenue of trees, which moved my heart when I saw it
long ago in the past, spread out along the highway. Because trees resembling
jacarandas, also called southern sea cherry blossoms and listed as one of the
world's three great flowering trees, were blooming in full glory, coloring the
highway a beautiful purple.
「There were similar trees here too?」
「Did it please you?」
「Yeah... well.」
「Then this too... is it not.」
When
Yuka answered as if satisfied with my reaction, Miseri nodded
grandly, and Yoltia swiftly left the line of horses and dashed towards
Marquis Flame leading the way.
「Huh? Did something happen?」
「No, it's nothing.」
They
laughed saying so, but it's not like I'm hoping for them to pick flowers or
anything, you know. Just that it's a picturesque sight...
※
There
was such an exchange, but we continued along the highway as we were, and
entered Feari in the afternoon two days later.
「It's the first time for Yuka
and Miseri, right. How is it, the Royal Capital I called the Water City Feari?」
This
time, I brought Yuka, Miseri, and Yoltia as attendants for
the wedding ceremony. Since they have already been released from their
positions as guides and bodyguards, they are now riding their horses together
with the three of them.
「For me, just the fact that I can go
on a journey abroad with Takuhir-sama
is enjoyable. Even so... it is a beautiful city worthy of its name.」
「I never thought water transport was
developed this much and supported the economy. This connects all the way to the
sea, right? I've never ridden on a ship...」
A
beautiful city, a developed economy... Yeah, but there's a pitfall, you know?
Because of that unique custom, enjoying shopping in this beautiful city is
really tough. Well, the attendants this time received a lecture from Yoltia
before departure, though. I wonder if I need to warn the faces from the other
countries beforehand?
「If I recall correctly... there were
branches of the Tia Trading Company and the Heal Trading Company
in Feari too. It might be an option to visit there after arriving.」
「Yes, I have also received messages
from Harim-san and Zahark-san saying, 『We
look forward to your visit.』」
It
seems Yoltia has been coordinating this area beforehand, and
communication seems flawless. However... there was also an unexpected event.
While we were proceeding down the main street of the Royal Capital, it started
suddenly.
「Long live the Liberator of the
Principality, Takuhir-heika!」
「Gratitude to our hero!」
「Gratitude for the long-lasting
friendship between the two countries!」
Mixed
in with such voices...
「Ane-san, welcome to Feari!」
「We welcome our Goddess!」
「Ane-san, you're thrilling as always!」
「Long live Ane-san!」
From
the crowd lined up without gaps on the left and right of the street, men who
looked a bit rough started shouting. That number... wasn't it easily over a
hundred? The people of the Royal Capital who came to watch were taken aback at
first, but gradually they were drawn in and started shouting similarly. I mean,
it's embarrassing so stop it! I didn't make any such 『preparations』, and Yoltia herself was floating a stiff, amiable
smile at first, but midway through she turned bright red and looked down.
「I see... the Archduke has
immense support from the masses even in the Principality. As one whose position
was similarly saved, it is a very understandable story.」
No...
how is it for the 『Guard Captain (Emperor)』 of the Empire to selfishly leave his line and mingle
in the military procession of another country? I'm sure Sieghart is also
troubled...
「Hahaha, to be welcomed this much
even by the people of another country, as expected, Archduke-heika is an interesting person just as
I thought. By the way, what does 『Ane-san』
mean?」
Sieghart, you too! Why are these two free
spirits! With this, the imperial soldiers acting as guards will have a hard
time too, won't they? Besides, even I don't know the details of the 『Ane-san』 story. Ask the person herself (Harim
and the others)!
However,
we weren't the only ones surprised by this incident. I would be informed of the
influence of this later on...
※
In
the end, there was an unexpected event at the very end, but we arrived at Feari
as planned. And...
「From here on, we have prepared
detached palaces adjacent to the Royal Palace as accommodations for everyone
from each country. The special envoy party from the Kyle Kingdom has
already entered the Northern Detached Palace. Everyone else will be staying at
the Western, Eastern, and Southern Detached Palaces respectively.」
「Huh? Has the number of detached
palaces increased?」
If
I recall correctly, under the previous King's regime, I heard the previous
detached palaces were arranged surrounding the Royal Palace as places for the
current King who was the First Prince, the Second Prince, and the First
Princess to live, but...
「Yes, in order to provide the best
hospitality for the guests this time, we have newly built one, and have been
proceeding with the remodeling of three others, completely renewing their
appearance.」
Hearing
this story, I was made to think anew. In that sense, the Demon Territory
Dukedom is exceptionally poor. Right now, looking just at the area of the
country, the Demon Territory Dukedom is larger than the Lute-Vile-Cain
Kingdom which unified the three countries and added the three southern
counties of the Istoria Imperial Kingdom, is comparable to the Kyle
Kingdom which divided a part of its territory into a branch country, and
has grown rapidly to an extent only slightly smaller than the Principality
of Fearalt which still holds vast undeveloped lands. However... because it
lacks history as a country, a Royal Palace doesn't even exist in the first
place. In both Teigoon and Kusanagi, what exists is at best a
mansion of a powerful regional noble, nothing more than that. To somehow keep
up appearances, we have set up guest houses and vast halls in both, but there
is still no facility appropriate for receiving multiple state guests.
「We still have a long way to go...」
Muttering
so unintentionally, I let out a big sigh. From now on, I will likely have to
think about such troublesome things too.
「Fufufu, it's alright. Right now we
have our hands full, but Kusanagi itself has vast grounds suitable for
that. Raymond-san is also moving to relocate all city functions to the
entire Izumo area considering that, so...」
「Eh?」
I
unintentionally stared at Yuka who reacted to my muttering. Was there
such a plan?
「Before, he said, 『The current Takuhir-sama would say it is unnecessary, but this is something that will
eventually become necessary.』 To begin with, Kusanagi
itself will leave only the Royal Palace and administrative functions in the
future, and everything else will make Izumo itself a large city as the
capital of the Principality.」
I
do feel like I've heard such a story. Matching everyone's grand plans, Raymond
himself also spread out a magnificent grand plan... don't tell me that was also
part of constructing the Royal Palace?
「Ah, that's right. This was a story
to keep a 『secret from Takuhir until the
groundwork is ready (relocation is complete)』.」
Saying
so, Yuka laughed and stuck her tongue out, but... I see, even if I don't
think about it, the people around me are properly thinking about the
appearances and the way it should be as a country? Is it natural for Yuka,
who worked as an assistant under Raymond, to know that policy too?
「That's right... I also thought anew
visiting historic Royal Capitals like Imperial Griffin, the new Royal
Capital Rivika (former Vile Royal Capital), and Feari in
this short period. That receiving guests requires an appropriate vessel.」
「Yes, in that sense, actually the
three of us have each been assigned homework by the Master (Raymond).」
「Eh? Homework?」
What
Miseri explained to me, who was surprised, was what Raymond gave
them thinking of the future of the Demon Territory Dukedom.
One,
to think about how to utilize the trade route passing through the new national
border (between the Empire and the Principality of Fearalt)
currently under construction. One, after the new trade route is established, to
think about how to support the trade route from Salaam and the
development of the city. One, in order to make the new Principality Capitals Kusanagi
and Izumo look beautiful, to observe the sceneries of other countries
and summarize opinions.
That's
certainly true... The first two were things I was also thinking about, but the
third one hadn't crossed my mind at all. Could it be... receiving that, that
was the reaction during the 『jacaranda』
time too? I somehow understood their actions from a little while ago.
「From here on is the main part of our
investigation! We will check Takuhir-sama's
tastes without missing a thing even in Feari!」
「「Yes!」」
No... Yuka-san? Not my tastes, but to make it look beautiful to the people... right? I somehow feel like the direction has been off from the beginning... it's just my imagination, right? I myself, who smiled bitterly thinking so, would completely forget about it the next day and become engrossed in a new 『tasteful』 scenery, but... Of course, including that, it will be firmly reflected in the report after returning to the country.
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Xavier O'Donoghue
Anton Lim
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Sébastien Dionne
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----