[WN] Bocchi Dungeon : Chapter 26


Chapter 26

I Will Sell Off Anything Unnecessary

 

I've arrived in front of the Higashi-Nakano Dungeon Administration. Being in the usual place is reassuring. The time is just past 9:00 PM. As expected, having a watch is convenient. Yeah, I'm a little happy.

The sales pitch for this one I found at a thrift shop was, "Resistant to impact, and resistant to dirt! As a companion for Dungeon exploration!" Even if it was being sold at a bargain price, as long as it's usable it's totally fine.

The rugged and chunky-looking wristwatch doesn't look good on my slender arm no matter how you look at it, but what I need is its performance. I'll get something that satisfies both performance and fashion once I have more leeway with money. Absolutely.

「'Sup, Onee-san.」

「Aoi-chan, 'sup. The Dungeon today too?」

「Yeah, yeah. If I don't earn money and rent a room, I can't get a smartphone contract, after all. I'll make a killing.」

「Then lend me your ID card... here you go.」

I lightly checked the returned ID card myself as well. I really want to reach Level 10, where a Class will sprout, soon. If I do, the numerical values of my status that have been continuing their low-altitude flight might shoot right up.

 

■ Memories of the Star Soul

Name: Nagakura Aoi Scarlet

Level: 7 (Experience required for level up: 126)

Class: —

Vitality: 12 (+560)

Spirit: 12 (+630)

Attack: 12 (+560)

Defense: 12 (+560)

Magic: 12 (+595)

Resistance: 12 (+525)

Destiny Power: 528

Skill:

·         『Ultra Hard Mode』 (Imposes trials. Increases Dungeon difficulty, increases reward acquisition rate according to difficulty, growth rate changes proportional to difficulty)

·         『Solo Dungeon』 (Allows entry into an exclusive Dungeon)

·         『Martial Soul Resonance』 (Equipment binds with the user and grows according to level)

·         『Poison Attack』 (Inflicts poison damage upon attacking)

·         『Star Thread Spinning』 (Visualizes details of the Star Soul Crest)

·         『Status Ailment Resistance』 (Grants resistance against status ailments)

·         『Rock-hard Armor』 (Summons a sturdy shield)

Class Skill: —

Blessing:

·         Blessing of Benzaiten (Increases Charm, Artistic Ability, and Financial Fortune. Proof of being acknowledged by Benzaiten for solo subjugating the Five-Headed Dragon)

·         Blessing of the Yakubyogami (Returns calamities and imparts bad causes and bad results. Proof of being acknowledged by the Yakubyogami for solo subjugating the Smallpox Evil God)

 

For now, it looks like I'll reach Level 8 with today's Dungeon exploration. It'd be nice if I can learn another usable skill. Huh? My Blessings increased again somehow. Smallpox Evil God? Which monster is that referring to. Or rather, Yakubyogami (God of Pestilence), is this really okay.

「Aoi-chan, you said you were going to go to other Dungeons, right. What happened with that?」

「Oh, that's right. I'm glad you asked. I got various things, but first I'll hand over the equipment I won't use. Here, these.」

■ Abyssal Guardian Katana: Spirit Augmentation, Resistance Augmentation, Dark Attack Augmentation. A katana harboring the power of darkness like the abyss.

■ Dragon Knight's Spear Medal: Attack Augmentation. A brooch that improves the attack speed of spears.

「Heeh. The katana and brooch, especially the katana, give off the feel of quite an excellent sword. 『Solo Dungeon』 is more amazing than I thought. As for the selling price, it will be a consultation with the headquarters, so please wait a while.」

「Okay. I also got things that look like consumables, so take a look at those too.」

「Alright, bring them out.」

■ Copper Ingot: A lump of copper metal.

■ Potion: Heals wounds when ingested.

■ Book of Awakening: Randomly learn a skill.

I took them out one after another from the Dimensional Pouch. There were 4 sets of 40 copper ingots, 2 potion bottles, and just one Book of Awakening.

「Ooh, you got your hands on something interesting here. The Book of Awakening is a rare item that lets you randomly learn a skill.」

「That "randomly" part bothers me, though. Should I just go ahead and casually use it?」

「I think it's better if you don't. Because if you're unlucky, you might end up acquiring a skill that's like a curse.」

「What do you mean?」

A curse. What's that about.

「There are various kinds, but for example, skills like 『Frail』 or 『Slow-Footed』. It seems these are basically never learned by leveling up, but when you use a Book of Awakening, they say there's a low probability you might pull one.」

Are you kidding me. That's scary.

「You can't seal or delete skills once you learn them, right?」

「You can't~. However, the probability of drawing a bad skill seems to be low, so quite a few people do use them. As the Dungeon Administration, we don't recommend it since it can't be undone, though.」

I'm already quite strong as I am, so it's a good thing I didn't use it. Wait, is this a chance to become even stronger? No, no, I shouldn't be greedy. After all, I've got nothing but good-looking skills so far.

「I see. By the way, can this be sold?」

「Since it's a rare item, it sells for not a bad price. If the Dungeon Administration buys it, it's 250,000 yen. I think it would sell for even higher if you sell it directly to someone who wants it, but you probably shouldn't do that. Because if that person ends up drawing a weird skill, they will absolutely hold a grudge against you.」

「Ah, there are guys like that, aren't there. I'll sell it to the Administration. What about the others?」

I have high expectations for the selling price of the copper ingots. They are beautiful lumps of metal, after all. I want to keep the Potions for myself, but I want to know their value.

「I'll just go appraise them to be sure, so wait a bit.」

Onee-san took one ingot and one Potion and retreated into the back room, returning in less than a minute. I'm already a bit excited just by the 250,000 yen for the Book of Awakening, but I wonder what will happen with the others.

「Sorry for the wait. We can buy the copper ingots for 1,040 yen a piece. Let's see... it's 41,600 yen in total. As for the Potions, they're 180,000 yen each. Should we just buy all of them?」

Huh, is that all the ingots go for? Because they were beautiful metals, I ended up thinking they'd fetch a higher price. Come to think of it, if you think of a 10-yen coin made of copper, I guess that's how it is.

「I'll hold onto the Potions. By the way, what level of injuries can these heal? Like, would you be saved even if you're about to die?」

「It's hard to be specific, but it'll instantly heal injuries that would take up to about three months to fully recover from. Well, it depends on the severity, but things like bone fractures, torn ligaments, or deep cuts seem to fall under that. If it's a High-Grade Potion, it seems it can even heal near-fatal, severe injuries.」

Ooh, amazing.

「Then, any Hunter would want one, huh.」

「There's quite a lot of general demand for them too, you know. There are even some Dungeons where Potions are said to drop easily, and there are even Hunters who base their activities around aiming for them. Especially if it's a High-Grade Potion, the digits on the selling price are different, you know.」

Certainly, setting aside near-fatal, severe injuries, if it instantly heals a bone fracture, 180,000 yen might actually be cheap. If I can earn efficiently, maybe I could try a Dungeon attack aiming for Potions myself someday.

「I'll stockpile plenty of Potions, and maybe sell the surplus. Next is the magic stones I've held onto, I'd like you to buy all of these~.」

I unleashed the spoils of war I've had up until now from the Dimensional Pouch. I think I can expect quite a bit.

「Whoa~, you've hoarded a lot again.」

Onee-san tossed the magic stones one after another into the tool that automatically appraises them. While we were chatting about this and that, the results came out.

「As expected of your skill, Aoi-chan. The payment for the soul stones is 332,800 yen. And if we total that with the Book of Awakening and the copper ingots, it's 624,400 yen altogether. Aoi-chan, you're amazing.」

Whew, 620,000 huh. Are you kidding me. Just the results from yesterday and this morning amount to this. Me, I can definitely become wealthy. I'm already the great millionaire of the future.

「Umm, just deposit all of this time's earnings, thanks. By the way, Onee-san. By any chance, are all Hunters rich?」

「That's not the case. You take it all because you're solo, Aoi-chan, but normally people form Parties with about five to seven members, you see. There are also various expenses, and if you deduct those and divide it up, naturally your share will decrease. To begin with, if you were to try and gather 600,000 yen worth of soul stones in a single exploration, the benchmark would be around the Twenty-Fifth Floor, which is close to the lower layers of the Dungeon, so reaching there isn't easy either, you know?」

Umm, does that mean that in my 『Ultra Hard Mode』 Dungeon, the difficulty around the Fourth Floor of the upper layers is already on par with the Twenty-Fifth Floor?

No, I guess not. In my case I'm solo, so the conditions are a little different, right. In reality, I wonder how it compares to a normal Hunter.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>