Chapter 25
【Others Side】 An Overconfident
Man's Slight Misfortune
【Others Side】
Looking at the face reflected in the mirror, I think the same thing
today as always.
「……Perfect.」
This face where every single feature embodies the golden ratio, eyes
that endlessly captivate all who look at them, and an expression brimming with
confidence. The most attractive face in Japan, no, in the world, is
giving off a strong radiance inside the mirror. This handsome look that
everyone envies can only be thought of as a gift from God.
「Hey, I'm
ridiculously handsome, aren't I?」
「Hah? Drop
dead.」
Hmph, what ugly jealousy. Ugly guys can only maintain their sanity by
verbally abusing a handsome guy like me. I understand, of course. The handsome
me can forgive such ugly guys with a generous heart.
「You guys
hurry up and get ready, the reception is gonna get crowded.」
Setting aside the god-like handsome me, the ugly guy who acts as the
head of our Clan says something bossy. That is fine, too. If I were to
stand at the top, the ugly guys would have nowhere to stand. The me who is
handsome down to the heart can yield to them.
Shaking off my reluctance to part, I step away from the mirror and exit
the changing room. What happens when the perfect handsome me walks through the Dungeon
Administration leading five ugly guys? I completely monopolize the
passionate gazes of the women. They are women who don't know their place,
completely out of my league.
However, I know that it cannot be helped. Because I am a handsome guy
loved by God. Even so, the me who is too handsome is a sinner. Forgive me.
「What's with
that girl. A uniform? A high schooler?」
「A high
schooler? Oh, her. Eh, isn't she pretty cute? Is she alone?」
「If she's a Hunter,
she obviously must have companions somewhere, right.」
「Going to the
Dungeon in a uniform, huh. She's got it easy.」
「Damn, she's
kinda my type.」
The ugly guys are making a fuss with their filthy voices. It's
embarrassing, so I want them to stop.
「It's
impossible for you, impossible, give it up.」
「You don't
know that!」
「Then as a
test, wanna try just calling out to her?」
「Ah, it's
still a bit much for me. Someone go instead of me.」
「Leaving it
to others?」
「Self-proclaimed
handsome guy, you go. You've got confidence, right? Just go get her contact
info at least.」
This is exactly why they are ugly guys. Pushing it onto others just
because they lack confidence... even though that very act is connected to the
ugliness of their hearts. Because they can't realize that, they are ugly guys.
Well, it can't be helped that ugly guys can't have confidence. Let's understand
that.
「Hmph, it
certainly is impossible for you guys. Leave it to me.」
「You really
said it, you bastard. What'll you do if it doesn't go well?」
「Treating us
to premium yakiniku is fine, right. Conversely, if it goes well, we'll
treat the self-proclaimed handsome guy. You guys are good with that, right?」
「I'm in!」
「I mean, I'm
the one who took a liking to her, you know. Whoever talks to her, properly
introduce her to me, alright.」
What noisy ugly guys. I'm telling you to leave it to me.
「Just shut up
and watch. Women are just weak to handsome guys. And they are especially weak
to handsome guys brimming with confidence. Since it's something you guys lack,
I'll show you an example. Follow my lead and polish yourselves up a bit.」
「This
bastard, letting you run your mouth...」
The girl in the strange uniform outfit has pretty facial features if you
look closely. However, if compared to my perfect face, they are mediocre. She
lives in a different world from the me who is loved by God. A mediocre girl
like that will easily bow down before me. Well, just watch, gentlemen of the
ugly guys.
「Hey, you
there. Yeah you over there, the girl dressed like she's in a uniform, wait up.」
In addition to my cool voice, it comes with the bonus of my shining
smile. She's probably already knocked out. So I can support her even if she
faints, I have to get closer quickly.
「Tch, don't
talk to me so casually, you trash. It's creepy.」
――――Just now, what was I told?
「Gyahaha! Hey
you bastard, why're you frozen!」
「Don't make
me laugh. She ran away from you at super high speed, didn't she.」
「Self-proclaimed
handsome guy bastard, you're treating us to premium yakiniku, got it?
Keep your promise.」
「Because of
you, I couldn't get close to her!」
「What did she
tell you? Making a face that's blatantly shocked.」
An auditory hallucination, perhaps. Trash? T-The great me is... creepy? This
me? By that mediocre woman?
「You're
always getting run away from by women, you know. Don't go getting shocked at
this point.」
What the heck is with that woman! To reject a perfect man like me, just
how arrogant is she. No, wait. No. That's not it. I must have misheard. That
woman just happened to be in a hurry. That's what it is.
「Alriiiight,
once today's Dungeon exploration is over, it's yakiniku!」
「Premium yakiniku,
it's been a while, man.」
「Hey
handsome! I'm gonna eat without mercy so be prepared, yeah?」
「Me too. I'm
gonna get super hungry in the Dungeon after all.」
「My
motivation is bubbling up. Thanks, man!」
Eh? I'm treating them? Eh? This month, my payments are a little... E-Eh?