[WN] Bocchi Dungeon : Chapter 24


Chapter 24

Experiencing an Alien Civilization!

 

Escaping the Dungeon in a warm and fuzzy mood after laboring, changing time begins once again. Normally, the flow is to go outside and use the changing room while still in your exploration equipment. But I am different.

A solo Dungeon is a space exclusively for me. In other words, I can feel true freedom. Is there any reason not to exercise that bold right? No, there isn't!

Kersplash!

With a delusional giant wave in the background, just as I thought about undressing, I suddenly had an idea and stopped my stripping hands. Whoa, let's wait a minute here.

Today, I came all the way to the Kagurazaka Dungeon for the first time. "First time" means it's only today. It's a first precisely because it will never happen again. My exciting feelings have been continuing all along.

Normally, I wouldn't feel like using a crowded changing room in a popular Dungeon at all. However, today is my first time in Kagurazaka. It's a natural feeling to want to savor it from corner to corner, right? Isn't this welling excitement a part of that feeling? Besides, I've heard the facilities here are amazing. I might never come here again, so maybe I should try using them since I have the chance.

Alright, this time I won't change clothes, and I'll go outside leaving my equipment on, other than my weapon. I'm going to try using the changing room.

One of the flaws of the 『Solo Dungeon』 skill is that when I exit the Dungeon's territory, it looks like I suddenly appear. Since I can't tell the surrounding situation either, in the worst-case scenario, we could end up bumping foreheads. That would be the worst!

「Well, it'll be fine, right. No point in worrying too much about it」

Even if something happened, it's not a big deal anyway. Besides, they're folks I'll never meet again anyway. Whatever, whatever.

Stowing only my hammer in my pouch, I moved away from the Dungeon entrance. When I stepped outside the territory, the effect of the solo Dungeon was lost. And then,

「Ugh~」

There are a ridiculous number of people. I might have underestimated popular Dungeons a little. Near the Dungeon entrance and exit, which looked like a giant hole, there was a ridiculous number of probably low-level Hunters. In front of the transfer circle located a little further away, there was an even larger crowd.

Thanks to there being a stupid amount of people, I didn't have to worry about standing out. I did startle the guys who happened to be near where I appeared, but it was only to that extent. Yup, as I thought, there are no problems.

Pulling myself together, I moved on. After just reporting my return from the Dungeon at the reception desk, I headed for the changing room guided by a helpful information board. Perhaps because my magic academy look is cute, people are looking at me more than I thought. How annoying~. Come to think of it, my charm is boosted by the Blessing of Benzaiten, isn't it. I wonder if that's partly why.

「Hey, you there. Yeah you over there, the girl dressed like she's in a uniform, wait up」

Seems like he's talking to me, this guy. When I turned my head toward where I heard it, there was a cocky-looking young man wearing a confident smirk. For some reason, he had this vibe of looking down on me, which rubbed me the wrong way. What's with this guy.

「Tch, don't talk to me so casually, you trash. It's creepy」

Ah, crap. What I was thinking accidentally slipped out of my mouth. Weaving through the crowd, I hurriedly moved away. Whether the creepy guy bumped into someone else trying to chase me, it seems like it turned into a fight. I heard angry yells that wouldn't lose to the buzzing clamor, but it has nothing to do with me, right.

Walking away with the commotion at my back, I managed to slip into the women-only area of the spacious building. With this, I can feel relieved for now. With a calm mind, I checked the floor map. Then, it seems that not only are there changing rooms, but there are even facilities like a spa, a sauna, massage parlors, and esthetic salons. Furthermore, it seems there's also a floor where you can do various shopping, such as stores handling cosmetics, clothing, and equipment aimed at Hunters.

It's far too different from the Higashi-Nakano Dungeon Administration. Even though the Higashi-Nakano Dungeon Administration, which I consider my home base, only has a little kiosk or something. I had heard from Onee-san that the building and facilities were luxurious, but it completely exceeded my imagination.

That being said, there are too many people here. Having weird guys talk to me is also annoying, and it probably doesn't suit me. My excitement deflated just a little bit.

「Well~, I'm here, after all. I'll look around a bit before going home」

First is the spa, I guess. I just got back from the Dungeon, so let's wash off this sweat and feel refreshed. Now then, I wonder just how much of a premium feel this spa will have. I want it to show me how it's in a different league from my regular public bathhouse~.

Taking the elevator to move floors, I walked down a hallway drifting with a somehow stylish atmosphere, feeling like a country bumpkin. The many female Hunters I passed by all looked stylish, befitting this space. I wonder if it's just my imagination.

Clothes, accessories, hairstyles, makeup, and besides that, their vibes? Looking at the people passing by makes me feel as if I've come out to the city center from the deep countryside and suffered culture shock. Even though I should be born and raised in the great metropolis of Tokyo. Just moving a little bit from Higashi-Nakano to Kagurazaka, I never thought I'd experience this kind of feeling.

But all those girls are high level, and probably have earnings commensurate with that. The world they live in is different from mine, a rookie Hunter who is still only Level 7. For the time being, that is.

As someone aiming to rise up and become a rich person in the near future, I can't afford to be intimidated by every little thing at this level. I'll do my best and reach the heights quickly! With renewed determination, I'm going to fully enjoy the spa today.

And so, when I came to the entrance of the spa. The signboard had unbelievable contents written on it.

「What the heck is this. 8,000 yen? Isn't there one too many zeros? Are you kidding me. Even though my regular public bathhouse lets you in for 500 yen? Even though it comes with a sauna for 500 yen? Are you kidding me」

Don't mess with me. There's a limit to how much of a rip-off something can be. It seems there are various courses, but apparently even the shabbiest course costs 8,000 yen. A course over 10,000 yen, what kind of king's mood can you experience with that.

「...I suddenly lost all motivation」

Guess I'll go home. Kagurazaka's culture was somehow different from mine. No, maybe I came here a bit too early. Once I acquire the economic power and mentality to casually hand over a 10,000-yen bill, maybe I'll come again. When that time comes, let's order the very highest course, shall we.

Moving along while feeling slightly shocked, I only took a free shower and changed my clothes in the changing room. The shower rooms and changing rooms also felt somewhat stylish and luxurious, but without the energy to care about the facilities, I quickly changed and bid farewell to Kagurazaka.

While feeling devastated, I displayed my poor-man's guts and returned to Higashi-Nakano on foot. It took about ninety minutes, but it served as a change of pace. Even so, it's still a time when the sun is high up, so I have to kill time somehow. I want to go to the Higashi-Nakano Dungeon during the time the usual Onee-san is there, so I'm free until then, you see.

「Come to think of it, I wanted a wristwatch. I'll do a bit of shopping, take a nap at the library after that, and then if I go get dinner and hit the public bathhouse, it'll probably be just the right time」

Today has only just begun. Let's pull myself together and go! As expected, Higashi-Nakano is the best.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>