[WN] Bocchi Dungeon : Chapter 23


Chapter 23

A Dungeon Where Bags Drop Like Crazy

 

It doesn't matter whether there are people around or not. As usual, I activated the skill 『Solo Dungeon』 and entered the loner-exclusive Dungeon. Once I do this, it is already a space exclusively for me. A space of complete freedom!

It doesn't matter if I take off my clothes near the stairs of the Dungeon where people were just a moment ago. It is time for a majestic and dignified change of clothes.

「Hyahhaa!」

Because it's a dedicated Dungeon. I can do whatever the heck I want!

While feeling true freedom, I took out my equipment and changed into my battle attire. The magic academy look uniform feels nice, as expected. I even favor the bolo tie and bracelet accessories. Including the black long boots and hammer set, I think it looks pretty cool overall. Just equipping these makes me feel like I've gotten stronger, and my tension goes through the roof!

「Whew, I'm gonna run wild today too.」

As always, this mysterious space known as a Dungeon is amazing. Just by entering this space, my head and body feel crisp, and it's as if power is brimming within me. For my objective this time, let's start by getting treasures in the hidden rooms for now. I hope there's some good stuff.

The characteristic of the Kagurazaka Dungeon is, undeniably, that it doesn't look like a Dungeon. I had heard a little bit about it beforehand, but experiencing it for real is quite interesting. I'm sure this is also a reason for its popularity. After all, the vibe here is completely different from the Higashi-Nakano or Saginomiya Dungeons; rather than a Dungeon, it is a Dungeon that can only be described as an old townscape.

「Ooh, this is amazing.」

It's a townscape exactly as if I had time-slipped into Edo-period Japan, but because it's a dim place where monsters strut around instead of people, the horror vibe is strong. As long as you have the skills as a Hunter, you could thoroughly enjoy playing explorer as if it were an expensive, large-scale amusement park.

Furthermore, it seems the monsters that appear from the upper to the lower layers are all skeleton types. Combined with the eeriness of the townscape, it is completely horror. It must be irresistible for people who like this sort of thing.

As for me, having no interest in horror, once the initial sightseeing mood wore off, it was no different from usual. From the First Floor to the Fourth Floor, I practically ignored the monsters and gathered treasures like crazy.

However, this Kagurazaka Dungeon didn't match my desires at all. What I wanted was equipment that could strengthen me, or things that could be sold. And yet, all I managed to get were Dimensional Bag-type items. I ended up getting as many as seven items with slightly different shapes and colors from the cream-colored pouch type I'm using now. Besides the pouch types, I gathered various things from backpacks and shoulder bags, to tote bags and handbags.

Not just the treasures from the hidden rooms, but I also defeated a Rare Monster I happened to encounter and got yet another new bag! I'm not a collector, come on.

「Ugh, I don't need any more.」

I remember hearing from Onee-san that Dimensional Bags were prone to dropping, but I never thought I'd be overflowing with nothing but pouches and bags. If only these didn't have the red Aoi mark indicating they were exclusive to me, I could have sold them all for a decent amount of money.

Phew, but it really is meaningless. The capacity of the bags I got all seem decent, but I have no complaints about the one I'm using now, and since I have few belongings in the first place, having tons of bags doesn't do me any good.

Besides, even though I'm spoiled for choice, in the end, the one I'm currently using is my favorite. No plans to change! Haa, guess I'll go home.

Just as I was about to head toward the stairs going up from the depths of the Fourth Floor, I felt some sort of chill and stopped in my tracks. Even though I'm a rookie Hunter who is only Level 7, I am confident that I won't lose to any random guy out there when it comes to the number of monsters subjugated. And solo, at that. Because I've been doing this quite a bit, I am sensitive to the presence of monsters. And the enemy isn't trying to hide its presence. Of course I'd notice.

「But they're still far away, I guess. Where could they be?」

I can sense their presence but cannot see their figure. Going out of my way to search for them to fight might be a pain. It feels like a strong-looking monster, but if the drop item is a Dimensional Bag-type, I don't really need it.

「Eek!? Wait, seriously?」

I was surprised. My guard was down. Before I realized it, an arrow of light had struck my magic academy look uniform. Thanks to its high defense, it just repelled it normally, though. No, no, if this had hit my face I would be dead.

Since I started entering Dungeons, this was the first time I felt my life was in danger. But somehow, along with my blood running cold, my blood is boiling, this is. As if I'd just let myself be beaten up on.

When I looked in the direction the magic-like arrow of light had flown from, there was something on the roof. That guy had a bow and arrow readied, and the next one was fired.

I activated the skill 『Rock-hard Armor』. It's a new skill I learned upon reaching Level 7. A transparent shield with an angular feel spread out before my eyes, and exactly as I thought, it repelled the arrow. Come to think of it, this was my first encounter with a monster that launches long-range attacks, but with this, there's no problem.

「On the roof, huh. Sounds good.」

Cave-type Dungeons don't have roofs or anything like that. It's a structure unique to a townscape Dungeon. I mischievously scrambled up the wall and ran toward the mysterious monster, making the tile roof clatter. Feels great! By running in a zigzag, I dodged all the arrows being shot at me and closed in with my hammer at the ready.

By getting closer, I finally understood what kind of monster it was. It is a Skeleton Warrior in the splendid appearance of an armored samurai. The eerie blue and black aura rising from its entire body asserts a palpable aura of a strong opponent. It's a monster that looks so strong I'd think, as if something like this would appear on the Fourth Floor if it wasn't ultra hard mode. Even so.

「Too bad! Because my equipment and skills are strong!」

Evading an arrow shot at point-blank range with a splendid step, and kicking its feet forcefully while tearing up the roof tiles, the Skeleton Warrior completely lost its balance. I smashed its lowered head with a bam using my hammer, and it was done. The strong-looking monster turned into particles of light all too easily and disappeared. As I thought, I'm pretty good at this.

「Ooh, as expected of a strong-looking monster. It has two drops.」

I immediately appraised them with my monocle.

■ Ring of the Strong Bow's Sacred Arrow: Attack Augmentation. A ring that fires magical arrows.

■ Dimensional Room Key: A key that allows entry into a room in another dimension.

A ring, huh. The effect looks pretty good. This is my third ring, following the Ring of Seoritsuhime and the Unicorn Ring, but equipment capable of long-range attacks is precious. With this, monster hunting should progress smoothly.

Also, I ended up obtaining what looks like a superior version of the Dimensional Bag-types.

「Yay, a room in another dimension!」

It's a key full of retro vibes, but just as I was wondering how to use it, a large door suddenly appeared right in front of me. It was a dark brown, profound-looking, Japanese-style door that seemed to be made of wood. When I inserted the key into the keyhole, it opened with a creaking sound.

「Whoa, it's huge!」

Since it was called a room, I had normally imagined a room. And yet, the place I entered was a space about the size of a small gymnasium. Even though the floor, walls, and ceiling were all made of a dark brown wood-like material, it was adequately bright due to a mysterious light source. It seems like there are various ways to use it, but whatever for now.

I got some good stuff and my tension went up, but I don't need any more Dimensional Bag-type items. I guess it's fine to bid farewell to the Kagurazaka Dungeon.

Ah, going home is fine and all, but there'll likely be a lot of people once I exit the Dungeon. I just hope there aren't any weirdos around...

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>