[WN] Bocchi Dungeon : Chapter 22


Chapter 22

A Slightly Expanding Sphere of Activity

 

Running toward me while swinging the club in its hand is an earth-colored-skinned Goblin. No, I don't want to call it a Goblin (Little Oni). Since it's bigger than me, I refuse to acknowledge it as a small oni.

「It's normally an Oni! That's an Oni, isn't it!」

Hey now, its intensity is amazing. From its sheer presence, it's completely different from the small-fry monsters up until now. However, what I frankly felt was a feeling of discomfort rather than fear. The humanoid Oni is running towards me completely naked. As if dangling and showing off its prized possession!

「You perverted bastard.」

I know that thing is a monster and not human. But to me, the feeling of disgust triumphed over fear.

Even so. Challenging me to a fight with its vitals completely exposed, isn't that just a sick joke. Even as a rookie Hunter, and as a pure maiden, the existence of that thing is unforgivable. Extermination.

The Oni's speed is nothing much. If it's that, the rats were still faster. Arriving in front of me while making heavy thud thud footsteps, the Oni took a large swing with its club. It's far too obvious of an attack motion. Only its bulk and intensity are fully-fledged, but overall, everything about it is slow.

The moment I saw the sign of it swinging down, I circled around to the Oni's side. Paying no mind to the club that squarely struck the ground, I circled further from its side to its back, taking its defenseless rear.

「Perverts, drop dead!」

I kicked up into its dangling prized possession from behind with all my might. Leaving behind a super disgusting sensation of squashing it with a squelch, the pervert turned into light and vanished. Leaving behind a transparent magic stone the size of a marble.

To think something like that is the first barrier of the upper layers, I'm appalled. What a deceptively unimpressive blockhead. I can defeat it easily despite its appearance, but I hate the idea of fighting that thing over and over again.

No, no, wait. As a Hunter, I will end up fighting monsters with unpleasant appearances many times from here on out. I think there will be derivative versions of the Goblin too. Since I am aiming to become super rich, I cannot be satisfied with just earning enough to make a living; I need to challenge even deeper floors. At the very least, I intend to go down to the floors where I hardly feel any danger. When it comes to that, I can't be saying I hate the likes of Goblins. There will absolutely be monsters that are even more gross.

Let's get so used to this level of discomfort that my heart isn't moved in the slightest. Now that that's decided.

「Uoooooo, are there any perverted Onis around heeeere!」

I'll rampage through. Since it's a solo space, I don't need to hesitate in front of anyone. I raised my voice loudly and violently struck the wall with my hammer. You Goblins, gather around. I'll slaughter every last one of you!

And then. I intended to just go to the Fourth Floor for a little trial, but it seems I ended up solidly staying there for nearly two hours. Having finished my labor and safely returned, I looked at the wall clock in the Dungeon Administration and was amazed by my own hard-working-girl self.

Well then, I can expect earnings corresponding to that. I've heard that the price of magic stones skyrockets starting from the Fourth Floor, so today's earnings must be quite something.

「Ngh, what gives. The ossan is in the middle of something.」

The ossan from reception was engrossed in a conversation with several Hunters over at the table seats, and gave off an atmosphere of not being able to step away. The usual Onee-san is on her day off, so maybe I'll exchange the magic stones for cash next time. Mine are all high-quality ones, so it would be a pain if other receptionists start making a fuss over them.

Even though I should have finished taking a bath and eating before entering the Dungeon, because I rampaged so much, I got sweaty and my stomach got empty again. Let's reset.

For the time being, I just informed a somewhat familiar-looking, unimpressive young man at the reception of my return from the Dungeon and went outside. Then, after taking my time to thoroughly enjoy my second dinner and bath of the day, when I returned to the Dungeon Administration, that receptionist ossan was gone. Even though I was looking forward to seeing how much today's earnings amounted to, including the magic stones I got in the other Dungeons.

「Can't be helped.」

I submitted an application to use the simple lodging to the unimpressive young man from earlier and called it a day. Today I got treasures like crazy in many Dungeons, and additionally beat Goblins to death like crazy too. I worked hard! No, really, I might be working too hard.

Morning comes early for me, who strives for a healthy and excellent lifestyle. I took a shower, finished my laundry, and ate a breakfast set at the usual beef bowl shop. What a happy start to the day. The grub is delicious.

What should I do today. The usual ossan wasn't at the reception desk, and I've already done enough Goblin extermination, so should I finally proceed to the Fifth Floor, or perhaps. Yeah, maybe I'll hold off on the Fifth Floor until I meet Onee-san and hear what she has to say. While I still have the motivation riding on yesterday's momentum, let's try going to another Dungeon today too.

「I've already been to the nice, depopulated Dungeons, so in that case, maybe I'll try going to a popular Dungeon today. It's still early in the morning, so it might be empty right now.」

There's no time like the present. If I recall correctly, the most popular one was the Kagurazaka Dungeon, right. If I'm going to go, I might as well make it that one.

Once I decide, my actions are fast. I traveled immediately, and arrived at the Kagurazaka Dungeon. I had heard the rumors, but the magnificence of the Dungeon Administration was already on a completely different level from Higashi-Nakano.

Even though the Higashi-Nakano Dungeon Administration was a shabby, three-story building that looked like a government office, the Kagurazaka Dungeon Administration was a splendid high-rise building. It's as different as a weather-beaten apartment and a newly built multi-million yen luxury condo. I don't specifically know what a luxury condo is like, but it's probably about that different. Well of course the number of Hunters who make this their home base would be high.

However. No matter how popular it is, even though it's still first thing in the morning, there are so many people! There are tons of receptionists lined up in a row, so it doesn't seem like Hunters would need to wait for a long time, but depending on the time of day, it looks like it gets quite congested.

Even while feeling fed up before I even did anything, it would be a waste to come all this way and go home without entering the Dungeon. I might never come again, after all. Making up my mind, I lined up for a bit and had a charming receptionist register me.

「Ah, is it your first time here?」

「I'm the rookie Hunter said to have a promising future, Nagakura Aoi. Nice to meet ya.」

I finished the procedures and headed for the Dungeon entrance. While walking through the magnificent building with a somewhat restless feeling, I looked at the other folks and thought: Each and every one of them is clad in splendid equipment.

Aside from some exceptions, they probably put bulky things like weapons into their Dimensional Bags, but it seems normal to equip other armor and defensive gear in the Dungeon Administration's changing rooms.

It's true that there isn't anyone walking around outside in armor, so I guess that makes sense. In such an environment, me heading to the Dungeon in a tacky jersey would attract weird amounts of attention. I get it, I'll buy some slightly more decent casual clothes soon. Let's do that.

Well, it can't be helped even if I worry about it now. Let's flip the switch and go! I wonder what the Dungeon in the fashionable town of Kagurazaka is like.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>