[WN] Bocchi Dungeon : Chapter 21


Chapter 21

Getting Carried Away Collecting Treasure

 

In a good mood from the results of the battle at the Saginomiya Dungeon, I took the plunge and used a taxi to travel. The superiority complex of traveling by taxi, so different from walking or taking the train.

Haha, my spirits are rising!

Raising my tension, I got my hands on treasure after treasure like crazy. As expected, capturing Dungeons up to the Third Floor is already far too easy for me.

However, the spoils of war from the Sasazuka Dungeon, which I visited after Saginomiya, were a bit iffy.

Copper Ingot: A lump of copper metal.

Potion: Heals wounds when ingested.

Book of Awakening: Randomly learn a skill.

Dragon Knight's Spear Medal: Attack Augmentation. A brooch that improves the attack speed of spears.

Setting aside the copper treasure and the Potion, the Book of Awakening has a suspicious effect. What does it mean to randomly learn something? Learning a skill seems like an amazing effect, but it's a bit scary to use it casually. I'll check with Onee-san about this. Perhaps because it isn't equipment either, it doesn't have the mark indicating it's exclusive to me.

The spear medal is a very iffy piece of equipment, so it seems I can set this aside to give away. I feel like it's a waste to lose the Attack Augmentation effect, but I probably won't use a spear, after all. I don't mind letting it go.

And the spoils of war from the Ekoda Dungeon, which was my final destination for today.

Copper Ingot: A lump of copper metal.

Restoration Jewelry Box: Restores items placed inside it at the cost of soul stones.

Abyssal Guardian Katana: Spirit Augmentation, Resistance Augmentation, Dark Attack Augmentation. A katana harboring the power of darkness like the abyss.

Unicorn Ring: Vitality Augmentation. A ring that grants the power to shatter evil souls.

It seems like I can get a lot of copper treasures. It would be nice if they sell for a high price. Be that as it may, the other items were also decent.

The jewelry box with a restoration function seems like it would be inconspicuously useful in everyday life. However, since it's about the size of a tissue box, large things won't fit inside. With my current equipment, only things around the size of accessories will fit, so I would have wanted a larger one that could fit weapons or armor while I was at it. Also, I don't think the jewelry box is equipment, but since it has the red hollyhock mark, it can't be sold.

It seems that "exclusive to me" isn't limited to equipment, but applies to other tools as well. Things like consumables or metal lumps apparently don't get the mark.

I also got a cool-looking katana, but I guess I don't need this. It seems difficult to use, and I have my reliable hammer, after all.

The best thing from the Ekoda Dungeon was the ring with a stone shaped like a unicorn's face. It has a perplexing effect, but it doesn't seem like there's any loss in having it. The vitality boost is nice, too.

Having gone around three Dungeons since early morning, I acquired equipment that I seem to be able to give to Onee-san. I also managed to inconspicuously power up by getting equipment for myself, so going to other Dungeons again wouldn't be bad.

By the time the sun had completely set, I returned to my home base, Higashi-Nakano, first got some food, and then went to the public bathhouse using the discount ticket. After refreshing my soul, I immediately entered the Dungeon Administration.

Perhaps because it was still early, it wasn't Onee-san at the reception desk, but the stiff ossan and other people. There were also a few groups of people who looked like Hunters. Maybe because of the time of day, there are a lot of people today.

Perhaps a loner girl in a tacky jersey is unusual; I was being stared at profusely. Let's ignore it. Waiting for the right timing for just a bit, I decided to talk to the usual ossan.

'Sup, ossan. I went to other Dungeons today.

I am Kikukawa, Nagakura-san. This is about the matter we discussed previously; from the looks of it, it seems you were able to obtain good items.

Fufun, I guess it's decent. I'll show you next time. By the way, where is Onee-san? What time is she supposed to be here again?

Tachibana is off today. If it is tomorrow, she is scheduled to be at the reception desk from around 9:00 PM.

I see, she has the day off. Now that you mention it, I feel like she might have said something like that.

What should I do. It would be fine to retreat to the nap room, but that place has a maximum usage time of eight hours. If I go in now, the time limit will come right before dawn. If I go over, there'll be an additional charge, so it's a bit of a waste.

It can't be helped; I'm tired, but maybe I'll earn a little in the Dungeon.

Anyway, here, this is my ID card.

You are going to the Dungeon now?

Just for a little bit. I'll rent the nap room after I'm done, can I make a reservation or something?

We do not take reservations. However, there are almost no users, so you do not need to worry.

Is that how it is. It's fine as long as I can stay the night.

By the way, I'm thinking of going to the Fourth Floor, what do you think, ossan?

It is Kikukawa, but if you had leeway on the Third Floor, I believe it will not be a problem. Just to be safe, please try fighting the monsters near the stairs instead of going deep inside right away.

Well, if it's tough, I'll make sure not to push it. Well then, I'm off~.

Please make absolutely sure not to push yourself, alright.

Now then, when I heard from Onee-san before, I heard that the difficulty as a Dungeon goes up in various ways starting from the Fourth Floor. Commensurate with the price of the obtainable magic stones skyrocketing, the strength of the monsters also skyrockets. The biggest difference is the appearance of the monsters, and it seems this is what becomes the problem. With some exceptions, in most cases, animal-type or insect-type monsters basically appear in Dungeons up to the Third Floor.

On the Fourth Floor of the Higashi-Nakano Dungeon, ferocious dwarf-type monsters appear. They're apparently called Goblins. I can certainly imagine that fighting a humanoid Goblin would be completely different from fighting insects or beasts. Up to the Tenth Floor is grouped as the upper layers, but I heard that the Fourth Floor is a layer that becomes a wall for Hunters. If I can clear this, it'll be another step up for me as a Hunter.

Anyway, today is a trial run. Let's give it a try.

I immediately charged into the solo Dungeon and dashed forward, heading towards the Fourth Floor. Come to think of it, I was told that if you go to the Fifth Floor once, you can use the transfer circle. If I can make the Fifth Floor my farming spot, I can shorten this travel time. I want it to become like that soon.

I entered the Fourth Floor without any particular issues, and since it was my first time on this floor, I searched for monsters while maintaining a sense of tension to start with. Thanks to the new equipment, Bracelet of the Sun, it's bright and easy to explore. The enemies can probably completely see me, but it's not like I can erase my footsteps or presence in the first place, so the monsters will notice me right away anyway. Therefore, this is simply a convenient piece of equipment for me.

Walking down the passage just a little bit, I immediately discovered a monster! As expected of Mr. Ultra Hard Mode. The number of monsters prowling around is no joke either, so I found one right away.

Ummm, the story was that the Goblins were ferocious dwarf monsters. With a height of around one meter at most.

No matter how ferocious, they are just dwarfs in the end. I had imagined a monster like a doll with a scary face, but that was a huge mistake. I was in an Ultra Hard Mode Dungeon, after all. As if to prove that, that monster wasn't small in the slightest.

Are you kidding me. It's normally bigger than me.

======================================

Nagakura Aoi Scarlet, Current Equipment

■ Blood-Severing Soul Smasher: Vitality Augmentation, Attack Augmentation, Magic Augmentation, Skill Power Augmentation. A hammer that smashes the soul and steals vitality.

■ Blood-Wind Demon Fire Boots: Vitality Augmentation, Defense Augmentation, Resistance Augmentation. Long boots that shatter the soul and steal spirit when stepping on the target.

■ Star-Reading Pilgrim Clothes: Spirit Augmentation, Defense Augmentation, Magic Augmentation, Resistance Augmentation. A uniform that receives the guidance of the stars.

■ Ring of Seoritsuhime: Spirit Augmentation, Attack Augmentation. A ring of the War God that improves combat techniques.

■ Necklace of the Dark Clock: Spirit Augmentation. A bolo tie that augments poison attacks.

■ Bracelet of the Sun: Vitality Augmentation. An armlet that shines light.

■ Unicorn Ring: Vitality Augmentation. A ring that grants the power to shatter evil souls.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>