Chapter 9
Discovered
Undiscovered Hidden Room
A quick run, and a brisk arrival. According to the map, a hidden room
lies just beyond the wall in front of me. The fact that it is closed means my
premonition was right, I think. There is treasure in there! Just as I thought I
had won...
「How do I
open this」
It was a blind spot. It is a hidden room exactly because it is
hidden. There was no way it would open easily. But there is no way I can give
up here. The treasure is right under my nose. I have to do something. Even
after touching the walls around the area all over, there was nothing unusual.
Nothing unusual on the floor, either. The ceiling and high parts of the wall
were impossible because I couldn't reach them.
「Ugh, if
there's a mechanism in a place I can't reach, I'm completely stuck, aren't I」
Giving up on treasure is not an option for a poor girl. Because if you
give up, the game ends right there! Maybe I should bring a stick. Ah, if I ask
the receptionist middle-aged man, would he know how to open it?
Nah, but would there really be a mechanism that can't be disarmed?
Precisely because it's the mysterious space of Mr. Dungeon, they should
have balanced that sort of thing properly, right. Come on, please, seriously.
Wanting to get a wide view of the place where the hidden door should be,
I stepped back to the opposite wall and strained my eyes veeery closely.
「As I
thought, you can't tell just by looking, huh」
When I leaned against the wall and put my weight on my elbow, huh? I
felt the sensation of pushing something. And then, wouldn't you know, the wall
in front of me smoothly slid open.
「Uoooooo!
Seee, it is treasure!」
Without even needing to enter the narrow hidden room, I could see what
was inside. There was no grandiose treasure chest there, but a pedestal, and a
weapon was placed on top of it.
「Ohooo, it
really gets it. Nice, nice」
For me, who was empty-handed with no weapon, this is incredibly much
appreciated. Resting on the pedestal was a hammer that at least looked stronger
than the carpenter's hammer I used before. The whole thing was metallic; the
simple handle part was black, and the slightly chunky head part was a
reddish-black, making it look cool. The intricate, inexplicable patterns
asserting a "strong weapon" vibe are great, too.
「Man, this is
super cool. It fits nicely in my hand too~」
The sense of scale is like a hand axe slightly larger than a carpenter's
hammer. It's on the smaller side, but it seems easy for a feeble person like me
to use.
「Alriiiight,
let's test it out」
While heading toward the next hidden room, I slammed it into a passing
pill bug. Take that.
「……Ooh」
I was surprised by how strong it was. I never thought I could defeat it
in one hit. What is this, is it a stronger weapon than I thought? With this, I
can go on a rampage.
「Yahoooooo!」
While beating to death every pill bug that entered my field of vision
one after another, I arrived at the next hidden room. Phew, so this is what
they call being unrivaled. The endorphins are insane. A bunch of miniscule
magic stones are piling up in my pockets. I'm feeling mighty pleased. I'm still
keeping at it, but I have a premonition it'll be a pretty good haul today.
Nice!
「Hidden door,
hidden dooor」
I searched the walls and floor near the door area again. So as not to
miss anything. As expected, it didn't seem to be in a straightforward place.
But, buuut~?
「Look, found
it!」
The switch was on the wall opposite the hidden door, and furthermore, in
a slightly distant, mean spot. Even so, once you get the hang of it, you can
find it without much trouble. Well, it's the First Floor after all, so
things like mechanisms are probably made to be simple.
「Time to
collect the treasure... boots, huh. These are cool too.」
I acquired black, metallic long boots. It was the same for the weapon,
but the fantasy vibe is amazing. When I kicked off my tattered sneakers, rolled
up the hems of my tacky jersey, and tried them on, the fit was much more
comfortable than I imagined. They don't make clanking noises when I walk, and
the weight doesn't really bother me much either. This is definitely a good
item. I should probably keep using them myself along with the hammer instead of
selling them.
There are still two hidden rooms left. For the rest, something that can
be sold would be nice.
While heading to the next hidden room, I tried testing the performance
of the boots this time. With my sneakers, I couldn't deal anything resembling
damage to the pill bugs. If they're boots practically oozing a metallic feel,
it should be fine to expect a little something.
「Heave-ho!」
When I casually stomped on a crawling pill bug-kun, it made a squelching
sound. I kind of had a premonition, but it really was strong. They don't seem
ordinary, so they probably have some special ability. I wonder if they'll
appraise it for me at the reception desk. But if this turns out to be strong
equipment and a considerably rare item, I feel a little worried. Taking
advantage of the fact that I'm a beginner, it seems like they might swindle me
out of it.
「Whatever for
now. Next, neeext.」
At the very furthest edge of the First Floor, in a neighborhood
where it seems no one would be around even if it weren't a solo Dungeon,
there are two hidden rooms not that far apart from each other. Having gotten
the hang of it, my actions are fast. I quickly opened the doors and quickly
collected both of them. Haha, I'm used to this!
One was a ring. A silver ring so simple it was rugged. Since observing
it didn't tell me anything, I equipped it on the middle finger of my left hand
for now.
「Hmm, nothing
in particular?」
Does it have some kind of effect? It's a mystery. Surely it isn't cursed
equipment or something, right? Whatever I can't figure out by thinking about it
is fine. The main prize is this one.
What I got my hands on was a horizontally long, somewhat square-shaped
bag with a belt attached. It's probably meant to be used as a waist pouch. The
hammer and boots had a black and red color scheme and felt cool, but the pouch
was cream-colored and felt rather cute. There is no way something obtained in a
Dungeon's hidden room could possibly be an ordinary bag. In that case,
it has to be.
「Fuoooooo, it
really is a Magic Bag!」
I put my hand into the pouch, and even when I thrust my entire arm in, I
couldn't reach the bottom. This is the quintessential mysterious item that
ignores its visual capacity and allows you to put a lot of things inside. If
you're a Hunter who has graduated from being a beginner, it seems the
majority have one, making it not all that rare. Even so, when you actually get
your hands on one, you realize there are few things this convenient. I'm so
grateful~
Today's harvest: a hammer and boots, a mysterious ring, and I even
managed to score a Magic Bag. This is too huge!
Man, my tension is at its max. At this rate, I can defeat pill bug-kuns
like crazy, level up, and it seems I could even challenge the Second Floor.
Gahaha, I really have won! My life completely turns around from here on
out!
She is getting completely carried away, isn't she.
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Taylor King
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----