[WN] The Evil Imperial Princess : 44


44

However, on the way back from the archives, the memory of her huge blunder revived.

If only I had walked while looking properly ahead that time, it might not have turned out like this.

After finishing breakfast, she hugged Arthur one more time.

I will definitely make it back alive……!

She resolved in her heart. More than anything, she thought she absolutely did not want to die at this stage.

Even though I am heading toward the path of a good Imperial Princess, I must not give up in a place like this. Until I leave this Empire, I cannot die!

With such determination in her chest, she returned to her room and made preparations to head to the Violet Palace. Perhaps due to a lack of sleep, while Eva and Rose were doing her preparations, Candice was dozing off the entire time.

Is it because I am a child, I wonder. I am so sleepy. Why is this sleepiness so unbearable, I wonder…… even though I only stayed awake for a single night.

While letting out a big yawn, she was called out to by Eva, Let's go, and unsteadily stood up. She wore a simple dress so that she could run away with all her might if something were to happen. It was to raise her survival probability even a little.

Even though you have so many adorable dresses, it is a waste, you know.

If by some chance something were to happen, it would be troublesome, wouldn't it!?

J-Jeanne-san also said it, but isn't Imperial Princess-sama overthinking it?

It might surprisingly be fine…… or maybe not, but we are with you!

That's right! We will protect you

Because we are together with Imperial Princess-sama until the very end!

Eva, Rose……!

Eva and Rose were probably trying to encourage Candice. Although their expressions and words did not match, she was grateful for their consideration.

While Candice and the others were heading to the Violet Palace tense and trembling, just as the courtyard came into view, they passed by Maxence, who carried a sword at his waist. This time, without giving a greeting, she ignored him and passed right by his side. Right now, she did not have the leeway to talk to him with a smile. Maxence too, perhaps having no interest in Candice, completely ignored her.

I wonder if he is going to the training grounds today too……

If there was something she realized anew like this, it seemed Maxence had always been putting in effort since he was young in order to train himself. With her range of action expanding, she was beginning to see what her other siblings were doing when they were young.

Up until now I only thought about being loved by Okaa-sama and Otou-sama, but as expected, hearing about it in stories and actually seeing it properly with my own eyes makes everything look different, huh.

While thinking such things, Candice set foot into the Violet Palace. Eva and Rose were also with her, but in a palace much wider than the White Palace, she didn't know where to go. Even if she wanted to have someone guide her, wasn't the dead silent hallway completely devoid of people?

Right on time, aren't you!

──GYAAAAAH!?

「「……Hic!」」

Because Hugo had appeared soundlessly in a place where no one had been just a moment ago, Candice clung to Eva and Rose's bodies with all her might while letting out a scream. While clumping together like a dumpling, the three of them were wary of Hugo. Her heart was pulsating rapidly. Hugo widened his eyes seeing the three of them so surprised, but he formed a smile as if nothing had happened.

Good day, Imperial Princess-sama. You are extremely adorable today as well.

Startled by Hugo's words, Candice cleared her throat and fixed her posture before returning his words.

Th-Thank you…… I am happy.

……!

Without noticing that Hugo had been surprised for just a brief moment, Candice took a deep breath as if to calm herself down. Then Hugo said, Right this way, please, and stepped forward. So as not to be left behind inside the wide palace, Candice also widened her stride and followed him.

Whether on purpose or not, Hugo was walking at a brisk pace, but Candice followed along without uttering a single complaint. Normally, Candice would make a fuss saying, Match your pace with mine! Damn it. You're useless, aren't you, but she didn't get angry over this level of things anymore.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>