[WN] The Evil Imperial Princess : 43


43

Candice asked Eva and Rose, who were presumably behind her.

───Eva, Rose, what should I do!? What should I do

Her Highness Candice, Imperial Princess…… that gaze was incredibly bad news!

I have a very bad premonition……!

A-As I thought. I think so too.

Candice clutched her head and groaned. Up until now, there were only two things given to her by her father. It was only either having her head cut off, or receiving punishment in the dungeon.

What is it already! What is going to happen to me……hk!

Candice, Imperial Princess-sama, please calm down! Now that it has come to this, with the All or Nothing Strategy……

Rose, you idiot! Even if that is the case, do not say things that will make Candice, Imperial Princess-sama, anxious.

But Eva, he was considerably angry. Exactly like someone who is going to k……mmph

Eva covered Rose's lips with the palm of her hand. Going to be killed. At the words that popped into her head, Candice pressed down on her trembling arms. Becoming even more anxious at Eva and Rose's words, Candice clutched her head, which had grown heavy. In her second life, this was her first major crisis.

She had absolutely no idea why she was summoned for tomorrow, but she kept thinking there must surely be a reason. Continuously worrying about how to somehow avoid death, she couldn't sleep at all that day due to fear.

The next day, Candice headed to breakfast unsteadily with heavy steps. Seeing Candice with a pale face, Arthur and Jeanne approached her with worried looks.

Imperial Princess-sama, your complexion seems quite poor……

Candice-oneesama, what is wrong?

Was Arthur trying to tell her his thoughts on the book from yesterday? Jeanne was holding a few books. She widened her eyes at the warmth of Arthur, who hugged her trying to cheer Candice up. At the same time, at the sense of security she felt for the first time, Candice felt a strange feeling. Hugging Arthur tightly, she felt somewhat relieved. With her feelings calmed down, Candice opened her mouth.

Arthur, Jeanne…… good day.

Are you feeling unwell, Candice-oneesama? Are you alright?

To Arthur, who looked like he was about to cry at any moment, Candice called out, I am alright, and patted his fluffy head. In reality, she was absolutely not alright, but in front of Arthur, she had no choice but to say so. And then, she began telling Jeanne what had happened yesterday after parting ways with the two of them.

His Majesty the Emperor said such a thing……?

……That's right. My life might end today. This might be my last meal.

Why do you think so?

Because I am hated by Otou-sama.

Eh……?

To Candice, who was trembling with fear, Arthur called out as if to encourage her.

It is alright. Even if something happens to Candice-oneesama, I will protect you!

……Arthur.」a

At Arthur's overly unexpected words, Candice was surprised. Besides, she suddenly felt apologetic for having killed him before, and hugged Arthur. I still want to live, I don't want to die…… thinking that made her even more scared.

Then Jeanne too tried to encourage Candice, saying, Isn't His Majesty the Emperor simply taking an interest in Imperial Princess-sama? but Candice knew better.

The only time Otou-sama took an interest in me was after I slaughtered all my siblings…… other than that, never.

While being encouraged by the two, Candice poked at her salad and fruits with a fork. Seeing her lack of appetite, the chefs also seemed worried.

It seemed Arthur had Jeanne read a lot of books to him, and he was also apparently happy to have had Luca teach him letters, talking about how he wanted to go to the archives again.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>