[WN] Shut-In : Chapter 160


Chapter 160

Jahangir

 

……Oh, that's probably it

Relying on the reaction obtained using Magic Power Perception, I approached the main camp without a moment of hesitation.

Demons basically gather in small groups and tend not to swarm together much.

If there was a place with a massive amount of demons serving nearby in such circumstances, then that was undoubtedly the demon I was aiming for…… the main camp where the head of the Demon Territory, Jahangir, must be.

It seemed there were some with excellent perception, as I could tell the main camp suddenly began to stir at almost the exact same timing I noticed it.

For now, let's take down as many as possible. If it's that…… I can do it in two shots.

Double Judgment Ray!

The light of judgment poured down upon the main camp, which was covered by a green canopy. The response was…… yeah, did I get most of them? But there are more than before, there are still over ten left.

As expected, I won't have the leeway to deal with other demons while fighting the head of the demons, so I want to reduce their numbers as much as possible.

Railgun

Faster than they could arrange their interception formation, I crushed them one by one using Railgun, a technique with a fast activation time. As I rapid-fired, the reactions vanished in the blink of an eye, leaving only one behind.

Alright, with this, I've managed to create a one-on-one situation for now. Now then, just what kind of guy is the opponent I'll be fighting……

I slowly descended toward the place that was once the main camp, where the light had faded and the smoke had settled. And there, I saw the figure of a single man, staring at me while remaining arrogantly seated.

Hoh…… Are you the one who did this?

He had slightly dull red hair reminiscent of copper, and stubble that had grown out without being neatly trimmed.

At first glance, he looked like some random thug, but his crimson eyes shone so fiercely they evoked the image of an inexhaustible flame.

You're still young…… To think you've trained yourself that much at your age

Two red horns protruded diagonally from his forehead, and a single thick tail extended from his back. However, unlike other dragon demons, he had no scales, and aside from his horns and tail, his appearance was no different from a human's.

How dare you do that to my brethren…… I won't say that. To begin with, I have no interest in them. The weak have no value in living. This world is survival of the fittest; you were simply stronger than them…… that's all there is to it

His body, forged like a boulder, was literally burning. That guy…… Jahangir was emitting flames from his entire body.

The man who should have taken direct hits from Judgment Ray and Railgun had almost no wounds on his body, though his clothes were indeed scorched.

He must have defended against the attacks with those flames. Even though it should have dealt damage even to the Knights of the Holy Corpse…… what incredible magic resistance.

When he took a cigar out of his chest pocket, by some magic trick, the cigar wasn't burning. The moment he put it in his mouth, it lit, and smoke slowly began to rise.

What do you think about this war, kid? I…… I thought it was boring. War is something done by the weak who can't change everything on their own. If we step out onto the front lines, blowing away a single battlefield is no trouble at all…… Don't you agree?

……Yeah, I think so too

The pressure emitted from his entire body was mightier than anything I had ever felt before. The sensor of my Magic Power Perception maxed out, unable to comprehend the target before my eyes.

I was supposed to have gotten stronger. But the man before me was…… so strong that even I couldn't see the bottom of his depth.

I'm just sitting around here for no particular reason, too. I'm letting the guys who adore me fight for the time being…… but I don't particularly have the motivation to do it. As long as there's a single strong individual who can crush everything, none of it matters. That's why war is meaningless, yet I am here…… Do you know why?

FWOOSH!!

The color of the flames Jahangir clad his entire body in began to change. The orange flames turned white, and the heat radiating into the surroundings intensified. The temperature rose even further, and the flames turned blue.

The cigar in Jahangir's hand carbonized in an instant from the heat. His breath, as he exhaled the final puff of smoke, was blazing intensely. The ground at his feet had already become scorching hot, and the world surrounding the two of us had already turned into purgatory.

Because fighting strong bastards like you who show up every now and then…… is unbearably fun!

His incandescent horns began to shine orange, and a green flame dwelled at the tip of his tail. The heat was still rising, and even though there should have been distance between us, sweat came gushing out no matter how much I wiped it away.

A heat I had never felt before, so intense I couldn't keep my eyes open. Now that I have experienced this, I would surely find even a scorching hell to be lukewarm.

This is a true demon. The man currently closest to the Demon King, the second strongest number two in the demon realm.

Now then…… shall we begin? I am General Jahangir of the Demon Territory, Blood-Boiling Jahangir

It would be rude not to state my name before a warrior of this caliber. While hesitating slightly on what to say, I slowly gripped the hilt of my sword.

……Shut-in, Masaru Kazuno

Haha, nice. Just as I thought, all the strong ones have a screw loose somewhere! Me…… and you too!

Even faced with this man's genuine heat, my fighting spirit did not waver. To begin with, I'm not the kind of person who gives up easily enough to abandon victory over something of this level.

Let's have a fight, Jahangir. Using everything that I have.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>