[WN] Shut-In : Chapter 159


Chapter 159

All Out

 

The first target is the top of the mountain where the enemy demons, whom I sensed with Magic Power Perception, are resting. The spear of lightning I unleashed advanced while roaring with a crackling sound, sweeping away everything as if licking the surface of the mountain from left to right.

Because the distance was too far, I could only hear faint death agonies. But it seems that even if there is some distance, I can finish them off as long as it's Gungnir.

Wh-What the!? What is happen... guh!?

Impossible, a grand magic of this magnitude...!?

Then, I approached them during the timing when they were glued to the suddenly appearing magic, and meticulously hunted them down one by one with my sword.

Exactly as the information I had heard beforehand stated, the demons flying in the sky simply had wings growing from them, and there was absolutely no kind of regularity to their races.

There are bird-like demons, bat-like demons, and even fluffy, cloud-like wingless demons among them.

Using my limit-broken Agility, I didn't struggle at all, lopping off heads and snapping wings with a single strike.

The demons who seemed to be flying using their wings began to free-fall to the ground after having one wing broken. It was the same during Sigurd's time, but as expected, breaking that part seems to remove their ability to fly.

Although they are somehow desperately trying to fix their posture, there is no way they can survive being dropped from this height.

At the timing when I had slashed and killed about ten demons, the demons also realized they were being attacked and began to be on guard.

The demons flying in the sky were each keeping a certain amount of distance, and they were too scattered to hit with powerful magic.

Light Arrow Rain

Therefore, I used an AoE attack first, unleashing a massive amount of arrows of light in a curved trajectory. The rain of light falling in an arc poured down onto the demons flapping their wings in midair.

...They are certainly strong.

But what differed from the Zwaarth Demon Territory was what happened after that. Naturally, there were those among the demons who perished or fell, but about half of those who took the attack immediately activated defensive magic to weather the attack, or continued to fly in place even after taking a hit.

It seems that with a normal AoE attack, some will leak through. ...But well, I guess that doesn't matter. Thinking about what's ahead, I can't go around recklessly using grand magic either.

At a quick glance, the dragon demons haven't come out yet. And besides...

I took aim at random and continued to spam Light Arrow Rain just like that. A massive number of demons either fell or became completely defensive and stayed in place. And they did not overlook that moment.

All troops, charge!

「「「UOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!」」」

Yes, and besides... if I just whittle them down, the people of Dragonia will likely take care of the rest. Without missing the golden opportunity that suddenly fell into their laps, they headed straight toward the demons while flying through the sky.

While using Magic Power Perception to distinguish individuals that looked strong and individually shooting them through with Lightning Bolt, I advanced further as if threading through the space where the Dragon Knights and demons were fighting.

Then, a grim-looking group, who seemed to have come after catching wind of the commotion, came into view.

Unlike the other demons, there was a sense of uniformity to them. Although the color of the scales on their body surfaces differed, they all had lizard-like heads and wore the same black mantle-like clothing.

That is probably the dragon demons.

I used Ice Fold as a foothold and immediately raised my altitude further so as not to be seen by them.

It seems the range of their Magic Power Perception isn't that wide, so there shouldn't be any issues as long as I keep a slightly distant range.

Alright, let's actually test out just how much the dragon demons, who are considered powerful, amount to.

Double Ice Dragon

Since I had the chance, I decided to pit a dragon against dragons. I created dragons of ice and made them attack the top of the heads of the demon group trying to make their move below me.

When they raised their faces at the giant shadow that suddenly emerged, there were figures of dragons opening their jaws, intending to swallow everything whole.

――Wha!? Enemy attack――!!

As expected, it was difficult to defend against a Tenth Tier Magic that suddenly appeared, and the two dragons bit through the defensive magic they instantly deployed, swallowing their bodies whole.

Their bodies froze while making cracking sounds, and were then shattered by the impact from the inside.

However, the attack range and speed of Ice Dragon itself wasn't all that fast. It couldn't completely catch the entire group, and I ended up letting a few escape, starting with the leader-like man who fled immediately.

Being able to switch to auto at times like this is convenient.

There are two points where Ice Dragon differs from other Tenth Tier Magic.

One of those is that its trajectory can be changed by my manual operation, and the other is that I can let go of the operation at any timing and switch it to be used as a normal magic just like that.

For the time being, I flew both Ice Dragons to the backside of Mount Gainarick, where a massive amount of demons were, and used Ice Fold to approach the dragon demons.

Mash, Garl, Sophoress... You bastard, how dare you do that to our brethren OOOOOOH!!

When I approached to cross swords with the remaining demons, they suddenly started hugging their own bodies.

Then, in the blink of an eye, their bodies enlarged, and their humanoid bodies began to transform into dragons while making cracking sounds.

So that's the Dragonification skill that Hosen-san was talking about. It seems they become even stronger when they turn into dragons, but... I have no obligation to leisurely wait for such a transformation.

Gungnir!

Since the time to transform was less than a few seconds, it probably wasn't much of a problem in battles between dragons.

But from my perspective, possessing fast-casting magic, it was far too big of an opening. The Gungnir I fired completely turned the demon who seemed to be the dragon boss into cinders, and pierced through the demons around him all at once.

I finished off the remaining demons by firing Lightning Bolt at them.

There were individuals among them who didn't go down in one hit, but interestingly, the moment they took a Lightning Bolt, their Dragonification stopped, returning them to their original demon forms.

I see, so the stun effect of Lightning Magic can also stop the activation of transformation-type skills.

Well, I've annihilated the dragon demons for now... shall I ravage them from the inside out?

I've used many shots of magic, but there's still plenty of time before I run out of gas. However, I want to finish this with room to spare, so let's quickly strike the enemy's main camp, which should be deep inside.

If they are making such a full-scale invasion, there's no way the person in charge would be hiding away in the back, anyway.

――At that time, I had forgotten. That such a thing as 100% does not exist on the battlefield.

Even though I had raised all my magic to LV 10 and had even conquered a dungeon to limit-break my status... I myself was still an existence far from being the strongest.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>