[WN] Shut-In : Chapter 158


Chapter 158

Right From the First Move

 

The view from atop the dragon was, without a doubt, a spectacular sight. The scenery of the mountains seen from the sky, the beautiful flowing streams, the little birds flying at the same altitude... however, such beauty vanished the closer we headed toward our destination. What appeared in its place were charred trees and countless craters spreading across the ground.

……It helps that it isn't cold at all

The sky world where the dragons fly has temperatures lower than I imagined. The cold is such that exhaled breath turns cloudy white, and any runny nose would freeze instantly. Yet even in the midst of that, I, who was merely wearing a light cloak, felt no particular cold. I had heard that as your LV goes up, you become more resistant to heat and cold, but to think the difference would be this immense.

Amazing…… It's an army of dragons

Like us, the figures of other dragons gradually became visible as we approached the destination. There are pudgy individuals that make you wonder how they can even fly, and there are individuals sporting long whiskers reminiscent of eastern dragons. It seems that even though they are all called dragons, the gap between races is quite large.

GYAAAAAAAO FUSYUUUUUU……

The dragons were all letting out their respective cries in a common tongue. This is a language exclusive to them that humans cannot comprehend, and it is said they converse by emitting sound waves in a frequency range inaudible to humans. They are vigorously rubbing their bodies against each other, so it seems they are encouraging one another.

The knights riding them accepted it with wry smiles, looking as if it couldn't be helped. It seems that being a Dragon Knight is also a job with a lot of mental strain in various ways.

As the dragons arriving from the surroundings increased, and the grand chorus of flapping wings grew loud enough to scatter the birds that were nearby, Hosen-san glanced over at me.

It has come into view, that is our main camp

This is…… the Dragon's Valley……

The first thing visible was two giant mountains. There were colossal mountains whose bases stretched so far down you'd wonder just what their elevation was, and as if slicing a line between them, a single thick river flowed through the valley.

That side is Mount Barnameck, and the one on this side is Mount Kairinack. Currently, we are confronting them face-to-face across a river located between them called the Serd Dragon River

It isn't so clearly visible due to the mist, but upon using Magic Power Perception, there were reactions of a ridiculous amount of magic power high up on both the mountain on this side and the one on that side.

A massive horde of this scale is clashing day and night…… When I think about it, my meager imagination cannot even begin to picture just how fierce of a battle it is.

I will set you down

Ah, this far is fine. I'd like to ask just in case, but is there a definitive start time for the war happening here?

No, there is not. Basically, because the activity of demons becomes more lively at night, there are night raids from their side during the night. Therefore, we often go on the offensive first and reduce enemy numbers before nightfall

We have to fight aerial battles at night……? Since all demons can use Dark Magic, they have Night Vision equipped as a standard default. Doing an aerial battle against them would undoubtedly put us at a disadvantage. No matter how much we reduce their numbers during the morning and noon, doing such a thing is bound to result in an absurd amount of casualties. The casualties that Dragonia is suffering might perhaps be many times greater than I am imagining.

I'm truly glad I was taught Ice Magic by Priola…… When I think about what would happen if I didn't have this, it sends shivers down my spine

I shook off Hosen-san's attempt to stop me and leaped off Mion-san's back, using Ice Fold to create a foothold of ice and concentrating my mind in midair.

Hosen-san, please leave it to me. Before the full-scale offensive begins…… I will turn this war situation into something a little more manageable

With overflowing fighting spirit, I could feel magic power leaking from my entire body. Opposing me were demons in numbers too ridiculous to count, and the mighty demon leading them. There was no shortage of worthy opponents.

Without thinking about anything unnecessary, I'll be going all out right from the first move.

Here I go――Double Gungnir!

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>