Chapter 161
Respect
「Railgun!」
The first thing I fired as a probing attack was Railgun, which
has a fast activation time above all else.
I'll use this to test whether physical or magic attacks work better. A
total of three copper coins rushed toward Jahangir along rails created
by lightning.
「Hmm, I see」
Jahangir didn't particularly try to dodge, taking the blow
head-on. With a sizzling sound, the copper coins evaporated. ……No, what kind of
temperature causes that!?
At this rate, my attacks won't get through at all. That armor of flames
is troublesome…… First, I need to do something to peel it off.
「Cataract!」
What I activated was the Tenth Tier Water Magic, Cataract.
It's simply a magic that continuously smashes down massive amounts of highly
potent water. However, because the effect is simple, the amount of water
produced is impossibly large.
The duration after activation is long as well, and if used for the full
duration, it could cause a flood that alters the terrain.
It's a magic boasting an overwhelming volume of water, but…… the massive
amount of water I was producing evaporated as soon as it slammed into him, and
the surroundings were instantly obscured by mist.
The tremendous heat generated steam, and the collision of ultra-high
heat with the steam triggered steam explosions. Booming shockwaves began to run
through the surroundings. It's no good, there's absolutely no way to cool it
down with water!
In that case, I have no choice but to somehow whittle away those
flames…… I'll just have to test how far I can go with the magic I'm accustomed
to using.
「Gungnir!」
The moment the spear of lightning was fired, Jahangir's eyebrow
twitched. Then, he thrust his arm forward and caught the lightning spear with
his hand.
(That just
now…… did he avoid a direct hit? If so, does that mean if it's a magic with
piercing power on the level of Gungnir, I can deal damage to him too!)
By the time Gungnir disappeared, the flames cloaking his arm had
also vanished. But at the exact same time, the flames circling his entire body
began to move, gradually trying to gather on his arm.
「――Like I'd
let you!」
To challenge an opponent emitting that kind of heat to close-quarters
combat. I felt fear, but victory lies only beyond overcoming it.
Stacking physical enhancement buffs with Strength Fortify, Accel,
and Quick. After slowly taking a breath, I unleashed an Iai strike.
Resolutely, without straining too much, yet not relaxing my strength too
much either. By raising the skill LV of Battoujutsu to the maximum, the
speed of my Iai draw now reaches the enemy faster than a blink.
The sword I inherited from the Knight of the Holy Corpse…… the
white sword I named the Skeletal, slashed at Jahangir's right
arm.
「Guh…… It's
hard!」
Of course, I didn't think I could do it in one strike, but the sword
only tore the skin and severed the flesh, failing to reach the bone inside.
――You've got to be kidding me!? I'm LV 242, you know!?
「Hoh…… It has
been quite a long time since I was wounded」
I applied buffs, but it seems my physical attack power is probably
insufficient. If it comes to this, I have no choice but to fight mainly with
magic…… no, wait, I still have options!
「Double Gungnir!」
I fired one of the Gungnirs and used Delay to delay the
other. Having understood its power, Jahangir took a trajectory to dodge
that strike.
In that instant, I activated Jaunt. Circling around to his back,
I applied Accel to the second Gungnir and unleashed the
accelerated lightning spear.
「Guuh!?」
Hitting cleanly from the unexpected rear, Gungnir completely
peeled off Jahangir's flames. Right here…… one more strike.
「Double Gungnir!」
I drove a Gungnir into the spot where the armor of flames had
vanished. One was caught by his hand just like before, and the other hit the
mark. The Gungnir, pushing forward as if to gouge out his insides,
vanished without piercing through after merely boring a hole in his flesh.
「――Don't
underestimate me!」
When Jahangir threw a fist, flames exploded behind his arm,
accelerating his straight punch. A speed too fast for the eye to follow…… The
moment I felt that, I immediately activated Jaunt. Circling to his back,
I swung the Holy Corpse Sword with its blade clad in ice.
「Icicle Sword!」
I unleashed the ice-attribute magic sword aiming for the hole created in
his back. The attack scored a solid clean hit, creating massive frostbite on Jahangir's
back. Compared to earlier, the response was distinctly different. It seems this
guy's weakness is the ice attribute.
「Guhah!?」
The slash delivered into the bored hole left a deep sword wound, and Jahangir
spat blood from his mouth.
Both the blood he spat and the blood spurting from the affected area
evaporated instantly, stopping the bleeding. However, if I aim precisely, I can
steadily deal damage.
Even if purely physical attacks are tough…… if it's magic, and a magic
sword combining magic attack power, my attacks will definitely reach him!!
Jaunt, Jaunt, Jaunt! While running around
freely in all directions, I continuously unleashed attacks from his blind
spots.
By acquiring Ice Fold, I became able to create footholds in
midair, and my trajectory, which had become even more three-dimensional,
boasted a speed and number of moves that even Jahangir couldn't fully
capture.
Wounds kept increasing on the opponent, and even if he used recovery
magic, I was able to deal damage at a speed that surpassed it.
Of course, since I'm firing Tenth Tier Magic repeatedly at full
power, my MP consumption is also immense. But…… I can do this! My Agility
is higher than his too, so at this rate I can whittle him down entirely……
「Haha, this
brings back memories…… so nostalgic, this sensation」
His brow was cut, his cheek was cut, and blood was smeared stickily all
over his face. Yet, even in such a situation, Jahangir was smiling.
「To think
there is an existence among humans capable of matching me…… I will acknowledge
it, Masaru, you are strong. In respect of that strength……」
The flames disappeared from Jahangir's entire body. However,
despite the armor protecting him disappearing, the pressure and presence he was
emitting continued to grow.
「――I shall
show you my full power」
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Xavier O'Donoghue
Anton Lim
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Sébastien Dionne
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----